TSN: Nick Robertson requests trade from Toronto

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If I were Mike Grier, I'd offer a Nico Sturm or Luke Kunin for Robertson. Being Filipino, Robertson would be a nice player to market in the SF Bay Area. And the Sharks have tons of these bottom 6 players (Especially natural centers) that can be traded away. Nick isn't worth much more than those type of guys, and those guys might have value in the bottom 6 for the Leafs.

And what else are you offering? Because Nick Robertson had more goals than Nico Sturm had total points last season

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
And what else are you offering? Because Nick Robertson had more goals than Nico Sturm had total points last season
I'm offering Sturm or Kunin (or both) for a guy who has asked for a trade and doesn't have trade value, like when the Leafs shipped off Barabonov to the Sharks for Suomela, which might as well have been Barabonov for nothing.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm offering Sturm or Kunin (or both) for a guy who has asked for a trade and doesn't have trade value, like when the Leafs shipped off Barabonov to the Sharks for Suomela, which might as well have been Barabonov for nothing.

Not the same situation, Dubas was GM then and he likes to "do right" by players

Dubas is now in Pittsburgh making a bad situation even worse and Treliving is now GM and he doesn't seem to care what Robertson wants because Nick Robertson has absolutely 0 leverage.

The most likely outcome here is Nick Robertson signs a contract in September before camp because he has no leverage

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He’d be traded for a pic of a young player in a similar position ( doubt he goes in general but for sake of discussion) ; Not waiver fodder ( many ufa could fill similar roles of the players mentioned ) .

Reactions: Ciao

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And Brett Lebda won a cup with Detroit.

What’s your point?

Didn't you know? Cups automatically make a player better than another player that has no cups.

So I guess that means, Patrick Maroon, Chris Kuintz, Max Talbot, Pascal Dupis, Kirk Maltby, Kris Draper and countless others are all better than Mcdavid

Reactions: Lahey

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Apologies if either of these have already been covered in this thread.

Does something around Robertson for Soderstrom work? Robertson for Harris?

I think the Leafs have two (obvious) options here.
  1. Trade him for something of (equal) value. This would most likely come on a change of scenery/position of strength for weakness type of deal. The Leafs have forwards on the roster and in the pipeline and need more young d-men. I believe the opposite is true for both Utah and Montreal. Given an opportunity Robertson could be a 20+ goal man as early as next year. Both Utah and Montreal could use that.
  2. If there is no equal value trade then the second option is for the Leafs to give him top nine minutes, maybe some PP and see if we can increase his value either to stay and contribute or be worth more in a trade. If he has no value outside of the organization then there is no risk to this approach.
I point out option 2 because there is no dump or low round pick trade options that make sense for the Leafs at this point. So, if you plan to come here to rip on Robertson and his lack of value please don't bother.

Do either Harris or Soderstrom make any sense for continued discussion?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Apologies if either of these have already been covered in this thread.

Does something around Robertson for Soderstrom work? Robertson for Harris?

I think the Leafs have two (obvious) options here.
  1. Trade him for something of (equal) value. This would most likely come on a change of scenery/position of strength for weakness type of deal. The Leafs have forwards on the roster and in the pipeline and need more young d-men. I believe the opposite is true for both Utah and Montreal. Given an opportunity Robertson could be a 20+ goal man as early as next year. Both Utah and Montreal could use that.
  2. If there is no equal value trade then the second option is for the Leafs to give him top nine minutes, maybe some PP and see if we can increase his value either to stay and contribute or be worth more in a trade. If he has no value outside of the organization then there is no risk to this approach.
I point out option 2 because there is no dump or low round pick trade options that make sense for the Leafs at this point. So, if you plan to come here to rip on Robertson and his lack of value please don't bother.

Do either Harris or Soderstrom make any sense for continued discussion?

I don't think Soderstrom has done enough to get Robertson without at least a 3rd coming along with him. I think the Leafs would take a 25 or 26 2nd for Robertson over Soderstrom+3rd

Harris wouldn't be of interest to Toronto

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020

Dubas is now in Pittsburgh making a bad situation even worse and Treliving is now GM and he doesn't seem to care what Robertson wants because Nick Robertson has absolutely 0 leverage.

The most likely outcome here is Nick Robertson signs a contract in September before camp because he has no leverage
Me own u you have no leverage. Me strong man

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Hopefully the ducks are kickin on him, we need guys that can put puck in net.

Vatrano might be gone after this season, prob worth a flier on robertson

Reactions: Fogelhund

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If I were Mike Grier, I'd offer a Nico Sturm or Luke Kunin for Robertson. Being Filipino, Robertson would be a nice player to market in the SF Bay Area. And the Sharks have tons of these bottom 6 players (Especially natural centers) that can be traded away. Nick isn't worth much more than those type of guys, and those guys might have value in the bottom 6 for the Leafs.

Those guys wouldn't make the Leafs

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I’d want Bordeleau

Reactions: Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad