TSN: Nick Robertson requests trade from Toronto

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Doubt Chevy would be interested in that, Jets wouldn't want to get smaller or worst defensively in any trade and LW isn't a need. Jets need prospects with the potential to reach 2C or top 4 RHD.
Robertson is pretty solid defensively but he is smaller . I think Toronto would be adding in any case ( if either are actually made available) .

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
No way of knowing if he's bluffing but he might as well sign in europe, play a year and wont feel like it's wasted if he really wants out.
thats a pretty big pay decrease from even league min isnt it?
I dunno feels like a bad career choice, I just cant imagine too many teams would have interest in paying what would make it worth it.

prob get the deal done real quick for like a 3rd but thats not really worth it. maybe another player in the league we can move him for thats lateral I dunno but I for sure dont think the leafs should cater to him and just trade him for very little just because he doesnt want to be here. Dubas did that too many times, if everyone hates us anyways we might as well play the heel

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Robertson is pretty solid defensively but he is smaller . I think Toronto would be adding in any case ( if either are actually made available) .

LW really is no need what so ever, so I highly doubt Chevy would be interested. Not saying Robertson doesn't have value, just not in this case to the Jets

Reactions: Huffer

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Doubt he's traded. This is just self sabotage. He needs a full season behind him, instead he will stunt his own development.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
So would a Podkolzin for Robertson trade work?

Podz can maybe be a top 6 guy but he is a safe bet to be at the very least a 3rd/4th liner this year, unlike Robertson who has to be a top 6 asset or else hes not good enough for the lineup.

would make sense for the Canucks they can either slide him in with Petey and DeBrusk or Miller and Boeser in the top, and then push Heinen,Suter, or Hoglander down to the bottom 6.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Doubt Chevy would be interested in that, Jets wouldn't want to get smaller or worst defensively in any trade and LW isn't a need. Jets need prospects with the potential to reach 2C or top 4 RHD.

Robertson+Liljegren for McGroarty+6th in 25 or 26 ?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If his camp was gonna leak that he wanted a trade they should have done it much sooner. He's gonna be forced to sign with Toronto and if he's properly utilized I think he scores twenty goals this year.

Reactions: paul9kariya

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He's going to resign with Toronto

Have a good season because he's going to get a good opportunity with good players and then he's going to be traded, if that's what he still wants

It's in everybody's best interest he resigns and plays

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto

Podz can maybe be a top 6 guy but he is a safe bet to be at the very least a 3rd/4th liner this year, unlike Robertson who has to be a top 6 asset or else hes not good enough for the lineup.

would make sense for the Canucks they can either slide him in with Petey and DeBrusk or Miller and Boeser in the top, and then push Heinen,Suter, or Hoglander down to the bottom 6.
I don't know enough about Podkolzin but I'm not really for this one. I'd rather swap Robertson for some kind of defender or center if they are taking the lesser player.

Podkolzin has better draft pedigree but really hasn't shown much of anything at all based on me stat watching.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

I'd rather keep Podkolzin, honestly.

What'd the Canucks give the Leafs for Lafferty last year? A 5th? This guy will have the same long term impact for us, at best.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014

What'd the Canucks give the Leafs for Lafferty last year? A 5th? This guy will have the same long term impact for us, at best.
I'd say Robertson paired with either Petey or Miller could give you between 40-60 points depending how well the chemistry is and some other variables.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah but he's a :Leaf player.
That.

But also, his brother is a star player and he had a pretty historic OHL season. He actually has the highest GPG in a single season of any 18 year old OHL player. I remember there was a fair amount of hype around him beyond just being a leafs player

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
11 pages for this nothing player
You don't get it.

In a cap world, the most value commodity isn't only productivity it's surplus value.

Marner = 11 million dollar cap hit but he's worth about 10-10.5 million. He's a negative surplus value.

Robertson = RFA, with no negotiating rights. So he will have a very low contract around 1-2 million, and he's capable of 25-30 goals. This could be one of those surplus value contracts of 3-4 million.

Robertson is very valuable. And because of that the Leafs probably settle him in rather then moving him.

The cost for Robertson is a 3C or a 1st round pick +

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

You put him with a pass first center and he will score goals, the rest of his game is pretty meh but he has an extremely effective shot

He wouldn't help Pete in a lot of areas but he'd capitalize on his playmaking abilities and score from them

He's the anti Mikheyev, he does everything except score, Robertson will score and be just "there" for everything else 😉

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad