Value of: Kirill Kaprizov

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He literally wasn't playing because of the condition of his spine/neck. Nothing to do with the internet. He also wanted a surgery done that BUF wasn't willing to allow him to do. This is not rumour, but fact.

I didn't say he didn't have a condition or want to get a surgery, I said it didn't really lower his value outside of internet circles

What it did, if anything, is turn teams away from wanting him. The teams that still wanted him, wanted him because they believed he'd still be a top center when he came back, so they were trading for a top center. So the value they gave up was for a top center.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If Minnesota trades him, this assumes a retool.

Sabres trade:

Kulich +1st as a base.
Add in Rosen or Johnson
Add Krebs or Joker
Add one more prospect

Kulich +1st +Rosen+Krebs+Strbak pure futures. Could be potentially 5 roster players by the time Minnesota is done retooling.

Can swap something for an additional first I still say yes.

I would do Kulich+1st+Benson. He could make it more enticing.
If anything, Kulich+1st would be the add to the main piece.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Demidov goes any where else: Meh, nice prospect I guess.

Goes to Montreal: The next LaFleur!!!!!!

It’s earned. Montreal fans hype their prospects up like no other fanbase. It’s ridiculous.

Demidov is a very good prospect, easily top 5. But the way some habs fans talk about him you’d think he’s the next Crosby/McDavid.

I think if he turns in to Kaprizov you should be thrilled. That’s the ceiling imo.

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
This is just a bunch of uninteresting stuff. No team is interested in players like Krebs, Rosen, and Strbak as a return for a franchise player. You're not even trying.

Remember that Eichel had serious injury concerns at the time and wasn't even being allowed to play, which lessened his value greatly.
I don't know if: "Wasn't even being allowed to play" is how I'd view that scenario at all. The Sabres would have happily allowed him to play. The main obstacle was that Eichel wanted out, he was then injured and the team and he disagreed on the proper treatment moving forward which was ultimately the straw that broke the camels back. I also wouldn't call Kulich and a 1st from a team that's been as lousy as the Sabres "a bunch of uninteresting stuff" even if I do think it certainly needs another high end piece added to it to get the conversation started.
Yeah I don't think that's actually true outside of the internet. Vegas didn't trade for a guy they assumed was broken, they traded for him because they assumed he would come back just as good.

Kaprizov might get a little bit more because he's a better player and has an 8-9 year contract (in this scenario) instead of 5, but he's also a winger instead of a center, and I highly doubt he'd get much more.
Yeah anybody that had really researched the surgery Eichel wanted and looked at the outcomes for other athletes who have had it realized there was an extremely high likelihood of a good outcome for a 24 year old athlete in fantastic shape. Which is exactly how it played out. It really wasn't the anchor to moving Eichel that many might perceive it to be. I think you're about right in the value you're expecting. Kaprizov is the better player, but he's several years older than Eichel was when he was moved and plays the less important position.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
This is just a bunch of uninteresting stuff. No team is interested in players like Krebs, Rosen, and Strbak as a return for a franchise player. You're not even trying.

Remember that Eichel had serious injury concerns at the time and wasn't even being allowed to play, which lessened his value greatly.
How much more do you reasonably expect than 3+ first round picks for a player not resigning for you? It is a future value package. When you give up the best player that is what happens.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Cool, so we won’t trade him to you.

And he is not currently a rental. He has two years left. Do better research.
Cool, 2 year rental. Technically correct. That team needs a direction and trading Kiril is rebuilding. Thats is the kind of deal you get. Maybe you can look for something like a Marner type swap.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Cool, 2 year rental. Technically correct. That team needs a direction and trading Kiril is rebuilding. Thats is the kind of deal you get. Maybe you can look for something like a Marner type swap.
They will not accept your offer. There is not even one really enticing piece for Minnesota to sell the fanbase on for trading their best player.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
They will not accept your offer. There is not even one really enticing piece for Minnesota to sell the fanbase on for trading their best player.
I will live. 3/4 firsts worth of value is the most you are going to get out of anyone.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
2 years isn't a rental. It's a lazy attempt to de-value the player. Quit perpetuating that nonsense.
Cool. Acting annoyed doesn't make your argument better. You still won't get more than 4 1sts worth of value. He probably is traded next year if anything.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That is cool but doesn't really matter, were here to discuss a what if.

Technically the 'what-if' in this thread is that he's traded next year with a very long term extension, so he wouldn't be a rental in this 'what-if', and the value should reflect that

Reactions: Digitalbooya

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Cool. Acting annoyed doesn't make your argument better. You still won't get more than 4 1sts worth of value. He probably is traded next year if anything.
And clownish rebuttals don't make your past hyperbolic statements any more legit. Give it a rest.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Technically the 'what-if' in this thread is that he's traded next year with a very long term extension, so he wouldn't be a rental in this 'what-if', and the value should reflect that
The value for a long-term extension is never reflected in the price. The risk usually ends up on the acquiring party to negotiate after the trade anyways.

And clownish rebuttals don't make your past hyperbolic statements any more legit. Give it a rest.
using big words and acting angry doesn't change the fact you are the one who needs to back off and give it a rest. No interest in my trade idea? Go bother someone else.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Well, maybe offer up a package worth discussing if you don't want people to be annoyed. Just a thought.
So you want more than 4 1sts, or our 3 best assets in Kulich 1st and Benson? Good luck I guess. We have a hole in the top 6, adding Peterka to the trade won't even solve our problem. Maybe if you like Byram enough. It will always be a dollar for quarters with these types of trades.

EquivalentStay

Jul 27, 2020
So you want more than 4 1sts, or our 3 best assets in Kulich 1st and Benson? Good luck I guess. We have a hole in the top 6, adding Peterka to the trade won't even solve our problem. Maybe if you like Byram enough. It will always be a dollar for quarters with these types of trades.
Is it super hard for you to understand that you won't get him then? You don't just get a top 5 scorer in the league just cause you want to you know, consider both sides instead of your own selfish opinion, the "4 1sts" offer is poop for a player like Kap, period.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Is it super hard for you to understand that you won't get him then? You don't just get a top 5 scorer in the league just cause you want to you know, consider both sides instead of your own selfish opinion, the "4 1sts" offer is poop for a player like Kap, period.
Find me a trade where someone got more than 4 1sts for a player, let alone one year of them. WHat do you think you're getting for him? Peterka Benson and 4 more 1sts? Stop dreaming. You don't know what the GM wants or what direction he wants. I specifically stated it was a future only package assuming a rebuild.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
What's next? Calling every single player a rental? This is the first time I've heard someone say 2 year rental. A rental is a player with less than 1 season.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad