Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
16e8e999-3b13-4e50-a79d-fad47108c8fb_text.gif

Also while googling RoboCop 2 gifs, which I tend to do every few weeks I came across this one, which is also relevant:

robocop2-rip-off-head.gif
I'm low key excited for the new RoboCop game.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
As much as I like the Avalanche I really think Nuke is going to be an issue for the duration of his contract. I'd clear the cap space... How will he not be a distraction?
That'd be really hard.

Besides, he won't talk about it, our "journalists" won't ask about it and the fanbase will have completely forgotten about all this by Christmas.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
If he plays well, all is forgiven

If he peaked on that Stanley Cup run just to give us a costly 7 years of headaches, I'ma be a very irritated fan

This guy has 80-90 point potential on this team, he'd better not be f***in us about

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I dunno. Russian athletes just operate in a completely different eco-system these days. Easy for us to tell these guys to condemn Putin and take public stances against the war, but most of these guys still have family in Russia. And in case you're behind in your reading, Putin - an ex KGB officer - has no problem making life miserable for the families of citizens who speak out.

Ask Prigozhin - no such thing as "no hard feelings" with Vlad Putin. Hell, Putin shanghai'd some KHL goalie who set to play for the Flyers and sent him to a military base in Siberia.

The Nuke gun photo isn't a great look but . . . there's no context to it. When? Where? Why? Social media in the US is littered with pix of men and women with their rifles. I'm not a "gun guy" by any means (don't own one, will never own one) but I just can't get too upset about a guy posing with a rifle in his hand.

Or a hooker in his room. Just not during the playoffs, OK?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I dunno. Russian athletes just operate in a completely different eco-system these days. Easy for us to tell these guys to condemn Putin and take public stances against the war, but most of these guys still have family in Russia. And in case you're behind in your reading, Putin - an ex KGB officer - has no problem making life miserable for the families of citizens who speak out.

Ask Prigozhin - no such thing as "no hard feelings" with Vlad Putin. Hell, Putin shanghai'd some KHL goalie who set to play for the Flyers and sent him to a military base in Siberia.

The Nuke gun photo isn't a great look but . . . there's no context to it. When? Where? Why? Social media in the US is littered with pix of men and women with their rifles. I'm not a "gun guy" by any means (don't own one, will never own one) but I just can't get too upset about a guy posing with a rifle in his hand.

With the disclaimer here that I don't feel Russian athletes have to speak out against Putin. Saying that, they easily can speak out against Putin. Panarin and Zadorov have a lot. Panarin has his own gun issue this summer, but it isn't like his family is being tortured. Medvedev and Rulev have as well. There is space where they can speak out and make voices heard. Many of them simply don't want to. If people dig back through the history, they'll see the Zadorov and Panarin's are the rare hockey players that are against Putin. Many are for him and his actions.

We also know the when and where on Nuke's picture. It was blatantly posted on instagram late at night in Chelyabinsk. The why is likely Nuke being Nuke (he has a history of this stuff).

vxmjmlksz4kb1.jpg

I can get the this isn't a big deal side from a personal perspective. From and optics and PR perspective, it doesn't look good at all. Hence why it has been removed from his instagram.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Who cares where Russian hockey players stand politically. They're natives of the country and most of them are certainly not all that booksmart. Stand wherever you feel like, just try and not post binges on Instagram holding rifles.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

I'm not saying denounce Putin, I'm just saying be a professional. I get being human. I'm former Military and have had guns throughout the years. You'll never see a photo of me holding one though, even at a range. This is partially profession based. It's pretty easy to keep shit under wraps.

Who cares where Russian hockey players stand politically. They're natives of the country and most of them are certainly not all that booksmart. Stand wherever you feel like, just try and not post binges on Instagram holding rifles.
This. And yeah Russian education is awful.

Last edited:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I have a life and don't care what Val does in his spare time. Can he play hockey? Yeah? Then I am good. You guys should watch soap operas if you need drama.
Not if he takes a bunch of pills and a hooker ODs in his hotel room.

Or if he goes and gets himself suspended, arrested, sent to rehab, etc.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Oh please. Families are in no danger if they speak against Putin.

Are there consquences? Sure. But they'll come in the form of media slander, online threats. Both Panarin and Zadorov received that.

But the SAME would happen in the USA if a player overtly supports Putin.
The NHL is already providing extra security for players/families because online death threats in America are so bad.....and that's just for being Russian.

These dudes are in a catch-22 no matter what they say, so they all just STFU.

Last edited:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
They also promptly released them.

If he starts the season and everything that happened during the playoffs is swept under the rug and they don't talk about it I'll never be a fan of him again.

That's the only thing I know.
There is a saying that actions are stronger then words. Lets see what Nuke will be able to do on the ice and how he will be able to help this team next season before judging him. Most of the posters on this forum are from USA or Canada and they just have a narrow insight on what is really going outside of USA.

Most people are just calling Nuke a drug addict. a sex offender but they don't have any facts or links to back it up. As far as I know, Nuke was seen meeting with Burakovsky and they were just having a couple of vodka shots straight up in Seattle. That women was just lost and walked into Nukes unlocked room by accident while being really drunk. She or her pimp had a room rented near by though. Seattle is knowing to be a gloomy, cloudy and rainy city and why not enjoy and celebrate by having a few shots with Bura.

Nuke is a good guy. Even @Seaeagles would agree.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Still annoyed at the situation in the playoffs but this picture is nothing, nuke is fine and he’s going to have a huge season, book it.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Still annoyed at the situation in the playoffs but this picture is nothing, nuke is fine and he’s going to have a huge season, book it.
Yeah, I can still remember Nuke playing against the Tampa. What a warrior. 0 give away's and a beast on the offensive zone. I hope we don't trade him to Arizona, Boston or Dallas. If we trade Nuke to Dallas then Avs will never get past Dalls in playoffs. That is just my opinion. We still need to see a 100% healthy Nuke play in playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad