Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think the Avalanche possibly should cut him loose.
How? They sure as f*** aren't buying him out with 7 years left under contract. Also if we no longer want him then other teams won't want him either.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
How? They sure as f*** aren't buying him out with 7 years left under contract. Also if we no longer want him then other teams won't want him either.
Guaranteed Arizona and Boston would have no qualms. They've gone after more questionable players.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I don't know, maybe I think its a bigger deal than it is. I just don't see how a Russian that doesn't have the best standing right now stateside, goes home to a nation engaged in an imperialistic war, then poses with a weapon is a good look for anyone. I think it's one thing if you're at a range or something of that nature, but this just looks like he's in a driveway.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Guaranteed Arizona and Boston would have no qualms. They've gone after more questionable players.
They also promptly released them.

I don't know, maybe I think its a bigger deal than it. I just don't see how a Russian that doesn't have the best standing right now stateside, goes home to a nation engaged in an imperialistic war, then poses with a weapon is a good look for anyone. I think it's one thing if you're at a range or something of that nature, but this just looks like he's in a driveway.
If he starts the season and everything that happened during the playoffs is swept under the rug and they don't talk about it I'll never be a fan of him again.

That's the only thing I know.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
They also promptly released them.

If he starts the season and everything that happened during the playoffs is swept under the rug and they don't talk about it I'll never be a fan of him again.

That's the only thing I know.
Sounds like you're not going to be a fan of him. It's pretty clear they're happy that's in the background right now.

Regardless, if I were a Russian NHL player right now I'd be getting the heck out of dodge right now.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
oh man... I just don't see how a Russian NHL player with some form of substance abuse, prostitution involvement, and holding an AK in Russia while their is an ongoing war with Russia being the aggressor is going to sit well. I like Nuke just fine as a player but this just seems like a bad look all around.

Personally as much as I like the player, I think the Avalanche possibly should cut him loose.
Please explain to me what the NHL or the Avalanche are going to do SPECIFICALLY in regards to this photo being posted here on HFBoards. It's not posted to Nichushkin's social media and it's not attached to some criminal event, police report, or anything else. There isn't even a date or location on it so IDK how you can definitively say he's in Russia there (though I have no doubt he is lol).

Will the NHL or the Avs even see this photo? Will anyone even care there, if they do?

I'm just trying to figure out how exactly this photo being posted here is a reaction-worthy event for NHL/Avs

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Please explain to me what the NHL or the Avalanche are going to do SPECIFICALLY in regards to this photo being posted here on HFBoards. It's not posted to Nichushkin's social media and it's not attached to some criminal event, police report, or anything else. There isn't even a date or location on it so IDK how you can definitively say he's in Russia there (though I have no doubt he is lol).

Will the NHL or the Avs even see this photo? Will anyone even care there, if they do?

I'm just trying to figure out how exactly this photo being posted here is a reaction-worthy event for NHL/Avs
Not sure if it still is, but it was on Nuke’s Instagram with the tag romance (in Russian obviously). That’s where this originated. It was also in Russia via that too.

It is an optics thing. NHL is a business with PR. Nuke just had some issues recently and this just isn’t a good look. By the NHL’s rights they can take action if they feel it is hurting their business. I highly doubt anything comes of this, but the NHL or Avs certainly could if they felt it hurt their brands.

Reactions: UncleRisto

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Not sure if it still is, but it was on Nuke’s Instagram with the tag romance (in Russian obviously). That’s where this originated. It was also in Russia via that too.

It is an optics thing. NHL is a business with PR. Nuke just had some issues recently and this just isn’t a good look. By the NHL’s rights they can take action if they feel it is hurting their business. I highly doubt anything comes of this, but the NHL or Avs certainly could if they felt it hurt their brands.
Ah, I hadn't realized it was posted by him and taken down. I did a cursory sweep of twitter and google (and Nuke's IG) to see if there were any stories on it, but I guess I'm getting in on it later than I thought.

I of course agree with you on the rest, especially if posted by him personally AND geotagged SMH...

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is always gonna be the issue or I’m not sure if the issue is the right word, but criticism maybe with Russian players. Even Ovi is getting criticized for being a Putin supporter, and many other Russian players have done stuff which maybe they shouldn’t have

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nothing Illegal Here.
Ehhh by American gun laws no… but Russian gun laws, possible mayeb even probable. Given his status though, the application of the law is very different. Plus he doesn’t condemn Putin like Panarin so another point of different application.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He should condemn Putin for his incompetence and cowardness.
Many Russians love Putin and think he's a strong and capable leader. This includes MANY NHL players. It is much more rare that Russian NHLers are against Putin than for him. Lest we forget Varly's Crimea is Ours shirt.

As a disclaimer: I'm just saying what is out there. Not my personal opinion on Putin as I think he's an asshat.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Man I’m still laughing at this. I mean the gun thing is one thing. But my guy is anything but sober in that picture lol. Also the guy he’s with has been spending the last few days with Kuznetsov according to IG too. These guys are just on an all time Russian heater. Somewhere in America Galchenyuk is depressed that he didn’t get the invite.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Man I’m still laughing at this. I mean the gun thing is one thing. But my guy is anything but sober in that picture lol. Also the guy he’s with has been spending the last few days with Kuznetsov according to IG too. These guys are just on an all time Russian heater. Somewhere in America Galchenyuk is depressed that he didn’t get the invite.
Chelyabinsk Man is basically the Russian version of Florida Man... and yeah they are partying it up with him. Somewhere in the background we'll see Radulov and Dobbie pop up.

Chucky made the dumb mistake of agreeing to the program. Nuke just went 'quietly' into the night.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
It is hard to continue to give Nuke the benefit of the doubt with the lack of definitive information and this continued dumb shit. Sure go on a bender, but posting it on socials shows a severe lack of self awareness considering his current issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsGuy

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
16e8e999-3b13-4e50-a79d-fad47108c8fb_text.gif

Also while googling RoboCop 2 gifs, which I tend to do every few weeks I came across this one, which is also relevant:

robocop2-rip-off-head.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad