Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
First, I don’t agree that we should not talk about what happened with Nuke in Seattle. There is a massive difference between being a reporter and public person and airing your thoughts an internet Forum for fans. Just because the team says its ‘personal’ it does not mean we should not talk about it. That is just their way of trying to control the narrative. We’re here here from all corners of the Globe because for various reasons we care about and are emtionally invested in a private enterprise that earns millions from commodifying a game. I don’t see a problem that we discuss it as long as we do it respectfully. Reporters and public people, in my view, should stick to the facts. So that said I think the whole situation is extremely sad, and I feel bad for the unfortunate woman. As a fan I am very dissapointed that Nuke has, apparently, engaged in off-ice behaviour that has taken him out of the play-offs. If it is true that she is a trafficked prostitute, I think it is highly risky behaviour by him in the context of the play-offs where so much is at stake for his team mates and other colleagues. I can imagine they are quite dissapointed too. It seems very selfish. However, I will not judge him too harshly given his ongoing issues with pain in his foot/ankle in addition to whatever else he might be going through. I know how much pain can mess up a person’s life.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So the woman was only discovered because Nuke was missing and nobody knew where he was. She was found at 3:20PM, meaning Nuke knowingly abandoned his responsibilities less than 4 hours from playoff game time. Even from just a pure hockey perspective that is pretty f***ed.

Reactions: The Moops

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Personally the line for me here is on game day, less than 4 hours before the game. Players need to be all in on winning a cup… he clearly wasn’t. That’s a problem IMO.

If he did this on a day off… meh. Not entirely thrilled but it is common.
I agree with this entirely.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Personally the line for me here is on game day, less than 4 hours before the game. Players need to be all in on winning a cup… he clearly wasn’t. That’s a problem IMO.

If he did this on a day off… meh. Not entirely thrilled but it is common.
Missed this. Yep, incredibly disappointing especially coming from a core player that the team heavily invested in mere months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad