Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course it's rehab, what else could it be.
Yeah, its a good bet but wouldnt they have to disclose this? In any case, the good thing is that he didn't do anything "wrong" legally. So its on him to get himself sorted and back to playing. Hope it works out for him as addiction is heart breaking for everyone involved.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not really. I mean it's not normal, but just last year didn't Kardi receive threats on the road? I would assume home teams provide good security at the rink, but while the team is in and around town, it's probably a rather smart idea to have a law-enforcement type around to maybe help curb a situation from growing out of hand or even step in to help get a guy out of a bad situation.

Although the way I typed that last bit seems like I'm saying he's there to do something hinky, which is not my intent. It's just a guy that's seen a lot, knows the ropes and can help the team out if they need it. Probably helps the players that team brings a local guy because that way the players probably get to know the officers a bit better and maybe open up and trust them rather than having to rely on a stranger in each city.

There's private security that could likely provide better protection on a 24-hour basis than any cop could.

The only reason to have police travel with the team to places outside their jurisdiction is to smooth things over with local law enforcement in case someone on the payroll gets himself in trouble. That's it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There's private security that could likely provide better protection on a 24-hour basis than any cop could.

The only reason to have police travel with the team to places outside their jurisdiction is to smooth things over with local law enforcement in case someone on the payroll gets himself in trouble. That's it.

Or one guy is cheaper than a whole detail that Stan didn't want to spend the money on.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I'm not really into American PMC scene, but 99% of them are former LE/Military right? Now I think hiring current law enforcement for a security detail (if your laws allow for it) would look a lot better than some shady PMC/security contractor eh?

For the public, it looks better if something was to go down. "They had cops with them" instead of "they had private security with them".

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
It's Dater so gotta keep that in mind. But it is nice to hear that Nuke will probably be back.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's Dater so gotta keep that in mind. But it is nice to hear that Nuke will probably be back.
I don't know why anyone was thinking otherwise. If they had grounds for terminating a contract, those steps would've been taken already. If not, he's playing.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Rehab is not surprising. It’s been speculated here for months. I guess what is surprising to me is this talk from the locker room that it wasn’t surprising to his teammates. Did Val just never stop partying from last summer or has this been a problem since he came here?(including the cup run year).

Functional alcoholics can hide it quite well(I’m assuming it alcohol but it could be drugs) Was it Parkkila or Val’s agent who said it wasn’t alcohol related? Either way my whole problem has just been we are cap strapped team. Can we rely on him to be there and play hard every night? Was any of his “injury” problems this year actually injuries or was he unable to play due to drugs/alcohol? To me this makes a difference.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
Out of respect for Val and his family I'm not going to go into details about what's happened since game two. It's a personal matter, and it's up to him and the org to decide how they want to handle it publicly.

There you go, I'm now Adrian Dater. Subscribe to my blog.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Out of respect for Val and his family I'm not going to go into details about what's happened since game two. It's a personal matter, and it's up to him and the org to decide how they want to handle it publicly.

There you go, I'm now Adrian Dater. Subscribe to my blog.
The DNVR guys/gal know too. You can be sure that everyone that covers the Avs knows at this point, which is why no one is investigating or mentioning his name anymore.

@The Mars Volchenkov am I right?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Rehab is not surprising. It’s been speculated here for months. I guess what is surprising to me is this talk from the locker room that it wasn’t surprising to his teammates. Did Val just never stop partying from last summer or has this been a problem since he came here?(including the cup run year).

Functional alcoholics can hide it quite well(I’m assuming it alcohol but it could be drugs) Was it Parkkila or Val’s agent who said it wasn’t alcohol related? Either way my whole problem has just been we are cap strapped team. Can we rely on him to be there and play hard every night? Was any of his “injury” problems this year actually injuries or was he unable to play due to drugs/alcohol? To me this makes a difference.

I have a feeling the injuries started it. The physical strength and improvements wouldn't of came otherwise likely.

Having chronic pain is a huge reason people get hooked on shit.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I have a feeling the injuries started it. The physical strength and improvements wouldn't of came otherwise likely.

Having chronic pain is a huge reason people get hooked on shit.
I'm actually thankful I have a relatively high tolerance for pain, 'cause I asked for for a couple of pain killers when I had my internal bile leak last year. Doctor was like, sure...how many hydro-codone do you need. 50-75? I'm like, WTF??? Two man. I want one for tonight and one in case I need it tomorrow. Jesus.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm actually thankful I have a relatively high tolerance for pain, 'cause I asked for for a couple of pain killers when I had my internal bile leak last year. Doctor was like, sure...how many hydro-codone do you need. 50-75? I'm like, WTF??? Two man. I want one for tonight and one in case I need it tomorrow. Jesus.

When I was getting out in 2011, there were guys with pretty nasty injuries getting fed as much as they wanted because military, missing limb, wheelchair bound etc.

All of the sudden it stopped. Guys went to the street, the rest is ugly.

I stuck with non opioid stuff, like Tramadol. If you wanted a full bottle, just had to accept it for a long while.

We also called 800s of Motrin ranger candy. People would chew them up two at a time. Probably that and the alcohol why all of us have acid reflux and ulcers lol.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
"Rehab" is the smokescreen that rich/high profile people get to use when they get caught with prostitutes and/or may have legal sex trafficking issues.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
"Rehab" is the smokescreen that rich/high profile people get to use when they get caught with prostitutes and/or may have legal sex trafficking issues.
Yea the whole Russian prostitute with no passport thing is kinda in the way of a simple painkiller addiction theory.

Reactions: wayninja

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

If they were interested in a smoke screen, they wouldn't have made him leave the team, and say they hope he comes back. Implying he needs to take certain actions to do so.

If they were interested in a smoke screen, he would have stayed in the lineup, and we never would have heard about it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yea the whole Russian prostitute with no passport thing is kinda in the way of a simple painkiller addiction theory.

Doesn't sound much different than most people who use prostitutes. It just never comes up, because the police don't usually get involved, and when they do, her comments don't end up in a news story.

If Val knew what was going on, or had connections to her handlers, that's one thing. But we don't have anything to suggest that right now.

I would imagine most Johns probably have a willful ignorance at how prevalent sex trafficking is.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012

Haven't you heard? She wasn't a prostitute but a "migrant" who just stumbled into Val's room and he called 911 because he's such a swell guy.

Reactions: wayninja

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
If they were interested in a smoke screen, they wouldn't have made him leave the team, and say they hope he comes back. Implying he needs to take certain actions to do so.

If they were interested in a smoke screen, he would have stayed in the lineup, and we never would have heard about it.

Yeah, smoke screen is when you never see any smoke.

Doesn't sound much different than most people who use prostitutes. It just never comes up, because the police don't usually get involved, and when they do, her comments don't end up in a news story.

If Val knew what was going on, or had connections to her handlers, that's one thing. But we don't have anything to suggest that right now.

I would imagine most Johns probably have a willful ignorance at how prevalent sex trafficking is.

Right, and it's impolite to even ask because rehab.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I don't think so, and the painkillers often lead to other things. Partying is normal without that shit lol.

It was heroin that guys went for to replace it on the street.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
If Val was involved in the trafficking side of it this would most definitely be a bigger deal. It would definitely be a legal matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad