Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Hockey Club 2 BRUINS 1 F OT

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
While it's definitely not time to fire Monty i bet the thought has crossed Neely's mind watching the effort so far this season. The comfortable environment for the core players has to end. Every spot is earned and some fantastic players need to remember that.
I'm not of the fire Monty crowd yet But I am getting baffled with this power play. It has been dismal. We have one of the best young Offensively gifted defenceman in the league And he is refusing to put him on the power play that is just not working. Not even the second unit.. That to me is inexcusable. If he is not willing to try and fix what is broken then he needs to go.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Sinden would either make a "shake 'em up" trade or fire the coach.
Sweeney is very patient so I don't expect anything to happen but
if ever a "shake 'em up" move is called for, it's now IMO, before it
gets way out of hand.
Remember those days all too well...Sinden didn't eff around, always driven by emotion. 2-3 more games like this and Monty could be toast.

They need some tweaks....dump a Geekie for a pick and sign Johnson, shake up the lines and especially PP ( no more 88 on the first unit, 73 off the 1st unit, put in 6).

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What struck me is Monty's freak out on the goal that was negated by off-sides. He was screaming at Brad even pushing on him on shoulder.

That is a bit over the top.

A lot of players in the Top 9 are slotted a line or two above where they should be.
I thought so it. IMO unprofessional to do that outside the dressing room. He's on the hot seat, and out of answers.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Dang that sucks. This 5am guiness in the Dublin airport is amazing tho.

Mad airport cops are chilling by the coffee shop that poured it I need another and a few more before the flight to Germany in an hour.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
What struck me is Monty's freak out on the goal that was negated by off-sides. He was screaming at Brad even pushing on him on shoulder.

A lot of players in the Top 9 are slotted a line or two above where they should be.
Marchand should have dumped puck back into the corner on backhand but decided to carry it towards blueline in traffic.Monty was pretty hot about it for sure.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal

That was the frustration of a guy whose organization spends to the cap and it's not showing on the ice....and he has no contract extension.

Reactions: Gordoff

Clode

Mark Kastelic Enjoyer
Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
-Swayman was great
-4th line was great
-D was okay aside from Carlo playing spectator on the tying goal
-Top 9 is a mess
-Powerplay is a mess
-Pasta still playing preseason hockey
-Marchand looks his age

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: BTO

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That 11 mill of Korpi's would of been great to have to sign a winger or re-sign one.

But I digress.

We look slow. The skating legs are not there yet with this team.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
That was the frustration of a guy whose organization spends to the cap and it's not showing on the ice....and he has no contract extension.
Brad screwed up but if anyone deserves a Mulligan it's him. He pays the price every game and NEVER held out for more money or wasn't a good soldier.
I thought it disgraceful to treat him like that. f*** Montgomery and the horse he rode in on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad