Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Nuke made a mistake by not locking his hotel room door. Nuke was taking a shower when she came in and laid down half drunk and half drugged. She was suppose to be staying in a different room. Nuke walked out of the shower, saw her and called the team doctor for help.

Before all this happened, Nuke was drinking grey goose straight up together with Burakovsky. They did have sour cucumber's on the side and pieces of lime and lemon but they chose to drink vodka straight up. They were just trying to celebrate the SC win last season.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I don’t think anyone inside that room was really surprised by this incident.
No doubt. The idea that he’ll get up in front of the team and repent his sins is laughable to me. If Val comes back it’ll never be addressed.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
No doubt. The idea that he’ll get up in front of the team and repent his sins is laughable to me. If Val comes back it’ll never be addressed.
Repent his sins is a bit of a stretch. That conjures up some mental image of Queen what's her name from Game of Thrones and the walk of shame. No, it won't or shouldn't be anything of the sort.

But letting his team know he knows he f***ed up and won't let them down again, yeah, I imagine he'll do that. Look, these guys are professionals, and they are all aware of how short a career in hockey can be, or how fast it can go by. Every year that results in an early exit hurts these guys, personally, professionally, potentially financially. They might not be surprised that it happened, but I'd imagine they want some god-damned assurances he isn't got to flake out on them again next spring.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yep. I knew fixers were a thing because of course they were, didn't quite know they wore badges.

That is an odd situation having Denver police working for the Avs in Seattle

It could be as simple as them picking up extra hours. Off duty cops work as bouncers and all sorts if shit.

They are usually paid very well too since they can still do things others can't off duty. It's also probably easier for them to deal with TSA regulations being Law enforcement.

Not saying they are not doing the Ray Donovan thing lol, but their cover is solid.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Nuke made a mistake by not locking his hotel room door. Nuke was taking a shower when she came in and laid down half drunk and half drugged. She was suppose to be staying in a different room. Nuke walked out of the shower, saw her and called the team doctor for help.

Before all this happened, Nuke was drinking grey goose straight up together with Burakovsky. They did have sour cucumber's on the side and pieces of lime and lemon but they chose to drink vodka straight up. They were just trying to celebrate the SC win last season.
You had me until you said Grey Goose. You think a Russian would drink French Vodka? Not a chance!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Repent his sins is a bit of a stretch. That conjures up some mental image of Queen what's her name from Game of Thrones and the walk of shame. No, it won't or shouldn't be anything of the sort.

But letting his team know he knows he f***ed up and won't let them down again, yeah, I imagine he'll do that. Look, these guys are professionals, and they are all aware of how short a career in hockey can be, or how fast it can go by. Every year that results in an early exit hurts these guys, personally, professionally, potentially financially. They might not be surprised that it happened, but I'd imagine they want some god-damned assurances he isn't got to flake out on them again next spring.
I believe this is basically what he’s proving right now. And that’s why I’ve said it’s ridiculous if those DNVR people believe he would have been back for round 2.

This wasn’t the first time Nuke made this type of mistake. This is just the one that prompted change.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You had me until you said Grey Goose. You think a Russian would drink French Vodka? Not a chance!

Russian Standard is cheaper, and just as good. Just saying lol.

For my purposes anyway, vodka neat just doesn't sound like a good idea lol. Unless it's women doing shots of Ciroc. Then I'm down.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

For my purposes anyway, vodka neat just doesn't sound like a good idea lol. Unless it's women doing shots of Ciroc. Then I'm down.
There was an ELT on my boat in the Navy that would snort Vodka.

Weird as that is, it's probably not even a top 20 story involving alcohol and the Navy. We were basically a bunch of alcoholics with a sailing problem.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't know why do you keep repeating yourself that she is a prostitute or a hooker because prostitutes don't usually complain about their passports being stolen. She is a migrant, just like we see many of those migrants crossing the border and some of them are or could be of Russian or Ukrainian decent. Also prostitutes don't get so drunk or high because they usually work in order to feed their hungry children.
Uhhhh you sure?

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
I don't know why do you keep repeating yourself that she is a prostitute or a hooker because prostitutes don't usually complain about their passports being stolen. She is a migrant, just like we see many of those migrants crossing the border and some of them are or could be of Russian or Ukrainian decent. Also prostitutes don't get so drunk or high because they usually work in order to feed their hungry children.

Rrrrrright. Prostitutes are definitely known for their sobriety....

Jesus, dude. You okay? This is some crazy ish even for you.

Reactions: The Moops

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There was an ELT on my boat in the Navy that would snort Vodka.

Weird as that is, it's probably not even a top 20 story involving alcohol and the Navy. We were basically a bunch of alcoholics with a sailing problem.

Yeah we had something called the expert infantry badge that everyone cared about before we all started going to war. One of the events was a 12 mile road march you had to do in under 3 hours. Which isn't that hard. We would get hammered and eat Italian food until 1AM, and then go run 12 miles with 40lbs rucks, and just sweat it out.

I also did shit like light up a Marlboro red about two minutes after running 10 miles in an hour and 10 minutes.

Good times lol

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Rrrrrright. Prostitutes are definitely known for their sobriety....

Jesus, dude. You okay? This is some crazy ish even for you.
Escaped Goat I am not saying that. Most of the hookers will not be piss ass drunk or high when visiting her clients. That's one of the top rules in the underworld of prostitution is that if you want to make some money then you better not get too drunk or too high. A little is ok but not be like overdosing almost like in Nuke's case.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019

Shame! Shame! Shame!

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Us with a German decent we usually tend to favor beer instead of vodka.

Is the Ciroc vodka any good? I have never tried it.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Us with a German decent we usually tend to favor beer instead of vodka.

Is the Ciroc vodka any good? I have never tried it.

It's just so insanely smooth it mixes into anything well, and women love it as shots because every flavor is sweet or tropical.

I think it's actually made from grapes. It doesn't even smell like vodka when you open it. To me anyway.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It could be as simple as them picking up extra hours. Off duty cops work as bouncers and all sorts if shit.

They are usually paid very well too since they can still do things others can't off duty. It's also probably easier for them to deal with TSA regulations being Law enforcement.

Not saying they are not doing the Ray Donovan thing lol, but their cover is solid.

I could buy that if they just happened to be in and around the rink and other Denver-based facilities. But to travel with the team? That's an entirely new level.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
His name is Todd Fuller and he is supposedly a current Lieutenant with the Denver Police Department. I think with Kadri in St. Louis last year they needed to beef it up. There have also been teams using their security for Russian players since the war. (This was referenced in a SI article)

There is also John Burbach who has been head of team security with the Avs for 2 years and 5 months. He is a former Denver police Captain. Also moonlights for MLB security for many year while being a cop.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I could buy that if they just happened to be in and around the rink and other Denver-based facilities. But to travel with the team? That's an entirely new level.
Not really. I mean it's not normal, but just last year didn't Kardi receive threats on the road? I would assume home teams provide good security at the rink, but while the team is in and around town, it's probably a rather smart idea to have a law-enforcement type around to maybe help curb a situation from growing out of hand or even step in to help get a guy out of a bad situation.

Although the way I typed that last bit seems like I'm saying he's there to do something hinky, which is not my intent. It's just a guy that's seen a lot, knows the ropes and can help the team out if they need it. Probably helps the players that team brings a local guy because that way the players probably get to know the officers a bit better and maybe open up and trust them rather than having to rely on a stranger in each city.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
For those pushing for more info, and upset with the team for not sharing it, this should be meaningful from Adrian, since he was the one initially leading that charge, before he seemingly found out what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad