Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Galchenyuk is the key

7m11mn.jpg

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Do you know something that we don't?

FWIW, in Friday's podcast AJ said that his money would have been on Nuke coming back in round 2 and Rudo said that it's what he's heard too...and that was it.

They didn't feel the need to develop any further.

Lekhonen's father told Finnish media that it was unlikely Nichushkin wouldve returned; and, from what I gather, he didn't sound overly surprised.
One can easily deduce who his source was.

Last edited:

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
What the f*** does that mean? He was never going to return and it wasn’t a surprise to who I assume is Lehky? Yet the DNVR guys are “sure” he would have been back in the 2nd round.

Even Bednar was like

• Haha
Reactions: Reparlana

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
the DNVR guys are “sure” he would have been back in the 2nd round.
But they are too chicken to tell us what they know, probably afraid of what the Avs will do to them. If they could ban Dater for saying the F-word they sure can ban them for revealing uncomfortable stuff.

Remember when Meghan was digging this story? Well her colleagues apparently learned new things so it's safe to assume that she knows that stuff too...yet not a single word about Nuke in weeks.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Every time I check it, still dislike this thread, but it's contained lol.

This is a good thing, I'll admit that.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
But they are too chicken to tell us what they know, probably afraid of what the Avs will do to them. If they could ban Dater for saying the F-word they sure can ban them for revealing uncomfortable stuff.

Remember when Meghan was digging this story? Well her colleagues apparently learned new things so it's safe to assume that she knows that stuff too...yet not a single word about Nuke in weeks.
I mean I get that they don’t want to be cut off from their sources, it’s just if what they are saying is true then I don’t see how it could be rehab. It would take a lot longer than a week to get clean and be back for round two.

I’m just annoyed like everyone else. I don’t need a play by play of what went down but they can’t expect him to just show up to camp in September and no one cares anymore. Dude left after game 2 in the playoffs there damn well better be a good reason for it.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
The Avs are going to bury this.

Val will roll up to training camp like nothing happened and then pretend he doesn’t understand English when he’s asked questions about what happened.
I’m guessing the lady ended up with a pile of money for her troubles also. Such is the way of these things. Not saying it’s right, it just is.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The DNVR guys said they heard Nuke would've been back in the 2nd round had the Avs won game 7.
This makes 0 sense. DNVR knows that Nuke was this close to coming back but the Avs (per Bednar) can't put a date on his return. If the problem was dealt with the Avs would have told us it was behind him. No reason to make it drag on.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
This makes 0 sense. DNVR knows that Nuke was this close to coming back but the Avs (per Bednar) can't put a date on his return. If the problem was dealt with the Avs would have told us it was behind him. No reason to make it drag on.
I think even Bednar said that would be great if he came back.(or something to that effect)

But yeah the whole thing is a conflicting ball of hot mess.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
As many have stated. There are right ways and wrong ways of handling things.

I don't think a reasonable person who has any interest in the Avalanche as a fan can think this has been handled appropriately, regardless of what has actually happened. By addressing it at all, in the most vague and uncertain terms and not providing any meaningful information they were basically asking people to guess, speculate, rant, rail and jump to conclusions.

As far as I know, they haven't even committed to making a comment when the time is appropriate. But, I admit, I could be wrong on that last bit. Have they offered to provide an explanation in the future, at the appropriate time of course, for why their top RW was told to leave the team shortly into the 2nd round with no apparent physical ailments?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
I think even Bednar said that would be great if he came back.(or something to that effect)

But yeah the whole thing is a conflicting ball of hot mess.
Bednar said he’d be shocked if Val returned for the rest of the playoffs, or something to that extent, but again it’s Bednar so who knows.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Thank you recommending this.

I'm only 2 episodes in but I hope those f***ING BELTERS get what they deserve!!
Really glad you are enjoying it.

PM or post your thoughts here or in the OT thread. I had to re-start several times because the first few episodes are introducing what becomes a fairly large cast. And they are doing a lot of world building setting up where and how we got to this political cold war between Earth, Mars and the Belters. When dealing with topics like this is where Sci-Fi really shines in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with a Michael Bay blockbuster, but I'm burned out by CGI for now and much prefer something with weight and substance. Those that like the Expanse are all in, I found while those that didn't care for it, mostly jump well before the end of season two. And that's cool, too.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

They know nothing if they think he would have been back in the second round.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
The only people who know everything is Val and his "date". And she was so zonked even she may not remember everything. Hell, I'll bet McSakic don't know the whole story.

Vals lawyers have without question told the Avs to clam up while Val . . . does whatever he needs to do. I'm sure what happened is very personal and I'm sure its very embarrassing. It also impacts his contract, so yes, his lawyers are involved.

But it's apparently not criminal. And because of that, no, we don't have any "right to know" until Val decides to disclose it. It's no different than any of us doing something really (non criminally) dumb at a work retreat. I'd expect my employer to keep it confidential.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad