Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He’ll be fine
american-psycho-maybe.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Pravda = Truth.

Telegram is as reliable as Musk's twitter.
*LOL* I'll be honest, my opinion of Musk as a person has changed fairly substantially over the last two years but aside from everyone whinging I haven't noticed a single difference in twitter. Is it because I don't actually tweet and just use it to follow a few hockey related and local government and news accounts? What's the big deal there? Is it because people are too stupid to fact check stuff they see and believe whatever is printed on twitter?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Beyond that, life is just so much faster now as the internet and technology have advanced. We're so inundated with stimuli coming at us in bite sized pieces, people have been programmed to take in their information that way too.

That's why narratives are so easy to convince people of now, because it can be fed to people in 140 characters, or a quick post on a message board, and then they'll just check out, because the fact check takes so much longer to explain and for the viewer to absorb.

Reactions: Vk1ing and Snow Arc

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't know. I think people have just stopped using critical thinking skills, or more likely aren't being taught them well enough.

If something makes me raise my eyebrows, I immediately question it's authenticity regardless of who posts it or where I see it. I also don't believe news until multiple outlets report it.

I don't undertsand everyone's obsession with immediacy, especially over things they have absolutely no control over. There is no need for us to be so damn quick about everything...especially jumping to conclusions. Yet, that's what society does now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't know. I think people have just stopped using critical thinking skills, or more likely aren't being taught them well enough.

If something makes me raise my eyebrows, I immediately question it's authenticity regardless of who posts it or where I see it. I also don't believe news until multiple outlets report it.

I don't undertsand everyone's obsession with immediacy, especially over things they have absolutely no control over. There is no need for us to be so damn quick about everything...especially jumping to conclusions. Yet, that's what society does now.

IMO it's more that those critical thinking skills have atrophied from lack of use.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
*LOL* I'll be honest, my opinion of Musk as a person has changed fairly substantially over the last two years but aside from everyone whinging I haven't noticed a single difference in twitter. Is it because I don't actually tweet and just use it to follow a few hockey related and local government and news accounts? What's the big deal there? Is it because people are too stupid to fact check stuff they see and believe whatever is printed on twitter?
Ads are more apparent, and I get tweets from random accounts I dont follow. That is quite annoying.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Ads are more apparent, and I get tweets from random accounts I dont follow. That is quite annoying.
Yeah, I get an email with updates from the things I follow on there and a few random things I don’t, one of which is political. I don’t follow anything political on Twitter. It’s spam. I think I follow Avs stuff and Iowa Hawkeyes stuff only actually. All social media is an advertising clusterf*** anyway now.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, I agree on the social media stuff becoming an advertising nightmare. There are more ads than posts from my friends or people I follow on all of them.

A couple of years ago I created a folder in my iPhone called DemonSpawn and placed all my social media apps in it. I haven't deleted-deleted my accounts, but I haven't logged into facebook, messenger or instagram in over a year and while twitter gets checked daily it's during my daily constitutional only. I've started to call twitter, shitter not because it's bad, but because that's where it's used.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, that first one reads like it was written by TASS.

Actually those both smell like ChatGPT generated statements.

Nah. It reeks of Nichushkin's agent Mark Gandler.
He more than likely planted the 'slander and lie' story via a Sport Express journalist..... because Gandler then gave credence to the story by responding to it and verifying that Nichushkin will continue to play for the Avalanche.

Let's not forget Gandler is also on record telling the Athletic that no intoxicated woman was found in Nuke's room.:laugh:

Last edited:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
He more than likely planted the 'slander and lie' story via a Sport Express journalist..... because Gandler then gave credence to the story by responding to it and verifying that Nichushkin will continue to play for the Avalanche.

Let's not forget Gandler is also on record telling the Athletic that no intoxicated woman was found in Nuke's room.:laugh:
On one hand, I sympathize. It reads like people close to Nuke are going to bat for him to plant excuses aimed at his marriage.
But it's worrying if he's still trying to weasel out of this with his wife. It doesn't bode well for his rehab.
Obviously this all assumes we're on the right track with what happened. I think it's a safe assumption at this point, but we still can't count it as fact.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
On one hand, I sympathize. It reads like people close to Nuke are going to bat for him to plant excuses aimed at his marriage.
But it's worrying if he's still trying to weasel out of this with his wife. It doesn't bode well for his rehab.
Obviously this all assumes we're on the right track with what happened. I think it's a safe assumption at this point, but we still can't count it as fact.

I doubt the story is written to convince Nichushkin’s wife. :)
It’s just general PR, written to put some doubt in hockey fans minds.

Gandler was doing that same PR song and dance back when WADA was on Nichushkin case over doping. But at least in that instance he was correct. Nichushkin was eventually cleared of wrongdoing.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Well, to be fair (everyone now...."To be fair") the intoxicated woman could never have been found in Nuke's room because she was never lost. She was there the whole got damned time.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

If you go anywhere near politics on there it will break your account as a news feed for hockey, and yes.

That is as far as I will go with that lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Not sure how others describe the idea, but in Army Intelligence you don't know anything unless you have two completely separate sources.

I've taken that with me, but these days I can only take about an hour a day of any news channel.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Gow dare you, tgat’s gurtful.

Russian doesn't have an "h" sound and they use "g" instead as a substitute. That's why in Russian it's, for example, Garry Potter and Adolf Gitler and Shakespeare's Gamlet.

Gandler's heritage has to be German and his name turned from Handler to Gandler when his great grandparents or whatever emigrated.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Russian doesn't have an "h" sound and they use "g" instead as a substitute. That's why in Russian it's, for example, Garry Potter and Adolf Gitler and Shakespeare's Gamlet.

Gandler's heritage has to be German and his name turned from Handler to Gandler when his great grandparents or whatever emigrated.
I took a year of Russian in high school but remember next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad