Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
It's real nice of Sean Payton to try and take the heat off Nuke though :

He now lives in Colorado. Recreational marijuana is legal here. This should be a giant nothing burger. I don't care if he's ripping bongs in his free time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He now lives in Colorado. Recreational marijuana is legal here. This should be a giant nothing burger. I don't care if he's ripping bongs in his free time.

Missouri where the NFL draft is just made it legal as well. Looked like his first time too.

Amazing that's being labeled a "controversy." Grown man legally smokes weed in the off season.

Now that's high quality journalism.

Reactions: sethro109

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's real nice of Sean Payton to try and take the heat off Nuke though :

A bunch of nothing for a guy who (allegedly) stole and was hooked on Vicodin in New Orleans around the same time he was (allegedly) cheating on his wife. This is light work.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
And I'm assuming they won't try if no criminal charges are filed. But still, we know how much management values character. They won't even cheat the cap when it's legal to do so.
And the NHLPA would scream blue murder if the Avalanche tried to void his contract.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Who’d ever would have thought this is how are season would have ended. Season from gell

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The Avs have taken on a number of questionable characters in the past. I doubt they do anything with a conduct clause.
I think it's just a matter of sports in general. Every team has had thugs and iffy characters if the team has enough history, we had Brad May. Messier took the Cup to a strip club.

Look at how secretive Colorado is usually about their players. This is a big case because it's getting uncovered. Nobody even knew what was going on with Byram or Landy. It's insane to me really. As a fan, I feel like I should have some knowledge when the players might come back from an injury.
It's because of Kroenke, he's called Silent Stan for a reason and honestly, it is the best course of action if I was in their position. Keep silent and don't respond to the media.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think it's just a matter of sports in general. Every team has had thugs and iffy characters if the team has enough history, we had Brad May.

It's because of Kroenke, he's called Silent Stan for a reason and honestly, it is the best course of action if I was in their position. Keep silent and don't respond to the media.

I don't agree. I would wish my team would be a bit more open about things, I mean not necessarily everything but these injuries for example. They are way too secretive.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't agree. I would wish my team would be a bit more open about things, I mean not necessarily everything but these injuries for example. They are way too secretive.
Why would you want bad publicity? For situations like this you either go two ways, you bury this story as much as possible and wait until the heat dissipates which always happens or you take control from the very start and say there was an incident but don't go into the details. The problem is that a "drunk unconscious woman found in your player's bedroom" is not a very good headline, which is why they probably kept it internal.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Why would you want bad publicity? For situations like this you either go two ways, you bury this story as much as possible and wait until the heat dissipates which always happens or you take control from the very start and say there was an incident but don't go into the details. The problem is that a "drunk unconscious woman found in your player's bedroom" is not a very good headline, which is why they probably kept it internal.
I am not saying about this case. This is probably something you need to keep quiet before you know more etc and make sure you don't say anything you shouldn't.

I was talking about being more open about injuries.

In the end, the truth will come out at some point, about the Nuke case.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just because you live in a State that allows "something" doesn't mean a corporation in that state has to allow it. Many hospitals in CO still conduct drug tests and will not hire anyone with THC in their system. I suspect that NFL has similar norms to follow.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Just because you live in a State that allows "something" doesn't mean a corporation in that state has to allow it. Many hospitals in CO still conduct drug tests and will not hire anyone with THC in their system. I suspect that NFL has similar norms to follow.
The NFL actually haven't been testing players for marijuana in almost 2 years now. They finally just gave up on it and said f*** it. So I'd assume the coaches are also safe.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The woman in his hotel room was of no relation to Nuke. The doctor didn't know of any relationship between them. When she was taken for care, she stated that she was from Russia (born in Ukraine), should have never come to the United States, and had her passport taken from her. These are very characteristic traits of a person who has been sex trafficked. It really fits the playbook to a T. We don't know if Nuke was paying for her services or not (likely won't ever know), but if the woman's situation is as she described... it fits with sex trafficking/prostitution.
Seattle and Portland are some of the two worse cities in the nation when it comes to human trafficking so this is all starting to make sense.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I actually liked how Bednar handled it today. 'It's personal, so I'm not talking about it."

I don't agree that the organization owes us as fans anything more than that.
And here’s the thing. The basis of my argument isn’t really what they do or don’t owe us because I agree, we are entitled to nothing here. But there’s a right way and a wrong way to approach this from a PR perspective and the Avs are choosing not to handle it at all, and I think that’s a terrible mistake.

Reactions: Metallo

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Stan would know given the Thomas Partey situation

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Stan would know given the Thomas Partey situation
Lol, yeah that's another iffy situation where Silent Stan strikes again (as I mentioned, in our ADD world, stuff like this gets blown over, you just gotta wait it out). Sexual assault is cracra, look up the Greenwood circumstance if you want to dislike people. He was recorded on the chick's phone with sexual assault but was somehow able to get dropped from the British court. Nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad