Tavares, what are you doing? Endorsements?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Where did I say most celebrities are virtuous?

I'm not advocating that endorsement deals need to end, but some liability to take on the endorsement deal would hopefully make some celebrities reconsider repping the worst of the worst companies.

If it was viable to stop all endorsements and all thst was marketed was the facts about a product, I'd be all for it... However, that's a fantasy. I'm more concerned with the outright lies and (in some cases) harmful products.

Saying that some equipment is 10% better than another might be true even if they're exaggerating most of the time.
Do you know what the word "nebulous" means?

There is no way a celebrity or Tavares should be held liable for anything as nebulous as this. That goes for Russel Brand too.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
If you want to talk about logic and reason and what SHOULD happen, a celebrity (whether you like them or not) endorsing a product shouldn't even move the needle for you on said product one way or another.

Who the hell cares? It's meaningless.

...unless that needle is on the humour-o-meter, because John Tavares endorsing amulets IS amusing to me :laugh:

Reactions: Anthrax442

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
GaDfvUHXsAA85RI.jpg

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Do you know what the word "nebulous" means?

There is no way a celebrity or Tavares should be held liable for anything as nebulous as this. That goes for Russel Brand too.
wtf are you talking about? What's nebulous about this? He's endorsing an obvious bullshit scam. I'd be embarrassed if anyone I knew got involved in the snake oil business, let alone someone so wealthy who has absolutely no need to be wasting energy on side hustles like this. Ripping off credulous rubes is shameful.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don't either but it certainly might embarrass his teammates, friends and family. At best JT might lose other endorsements because they don't want to be associated with a flake. He should just know better or have people around him that do.
Why would anyone be embarrassed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad