NHL to Atlanta odds just increased significantly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Considering the revenue is still well in to the billions, this is probably false.

And how is that relevant?
Go ahead and compare NHL revenue and viewership to the other 3 major sports

How is it not relevant lmfao were talking about the viability of a franchise in a market it’s almost all that matters

bigoleterry

Jun 27, 2022
I have lived here for 50 years. How about you?
first of all the airport is completely irrelevant to the teams success lmao

and anybody taking public transportation doesnt have the funds for season tickets so who cares about them honestly. People said the same nonsense about the Braves at the Battery and wow shocker they sell out every night.

Putting the team where the money and existing hockey community are is the best move possible.

Reactions: Devonator

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The problem is, so few people actually live downtown (city limits population is only ~500k), and a majority of those who attends games traveled from the northside of Atlanta.
It’s kinda like the many fans up north, who know little about the local area, will insist that the Panthers should be down in Miami. Umm, no a great deal of their fans are in Broward and Palm Beach counties. They would get more attendance from some fans down in Miami, while losing just as much (if not more) from people who live to the north of Miami. The key is just like was said in that old baseball movie, “If you build it (a bonafide hockey organization), they will come.”

Reactions: GreenHornet

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The Hockey Guy made a video where we got 4 new teams. Salt Lake City in the West, Houston in the Central, Atlanta in the Metro, and Quebec City in the Atlantic. I would support that idea if that's how it came about.
All the major league teams have 30 or 32 teams, why would the weakest have 36?

Reactions: Voight

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
and anybody taking public transportation doesnt have the funds for season tickets so who cares about them honestly. People said the same nonsense about the Braves at the Battery and wow shocker they sell out every night.
Not necessarily always, but in Atlanta, most likely true.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
first of all the airport is completely irrelevant to the teams success lmao

Putting the team where the money and existing hockey community are is the best move possible.
most likely the team’s charter flights will be out of RYY - Cobb County Mccollum field which has a 6,300 ft runway (enough for a chartered 737) and US customs on the field, which will make it easy for the Canadian teams .

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They could have more, though. They choose not too.

36 just seems like way too many. 32 is the perfect number.

Well the MLB is considering expansion, I don't follow the NBA or NFL but I thought I heard they're both considering it too. So that's not correct.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
4 divisions, 8 per division. 16 per conference.16 make the playoffs, 16 miss
Uh huh. The point seemed to go right over your head. Fans who enjoy gatekeeping have been pulling the same old arguments against expansion for a long time.

You can tell me, with this misguided belief that I actually have no clue what the divisions are, how many teams are in them, and how many of them miss the playoffs until your fingers fall off, but that doesn't change the fact your line of reasoning has been used by other aspiring gatekeepers for decades.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Well the MLB is considering expansion, I don't follow the NBA or NFL but I thought I heard they're both considering it too. So that's not correct.
From what I found a couple months back, the MLB and NBA are both considering it, though for MLB, they have a couple problem franchises they want sorted out before they open the process.

The only thing the NFL is expanding is the number of overseas games and locations they'll visit for those games. I think they're visiting Brazil soon, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad