League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Idc if they beat the caps the panthers suck.

Good riddance. Winning your first series in 26 years, freaking out on OUR ice like you won the cup and then get swept rofl

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Bura hasn't scored much in the playoffs. He has looked decent on the ice though. But just not producing.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Wore a Tampa Stanley Cup shirt I got for $10 the other day. I apologize for bandwagoning the champ to spite Florida Panthers.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
What a pathetic series (and playoffs really) for the Cats. Get those imposter clowns outta here.

Can Canes or Rangers beat the Bolts with Vasi playing like this? I hope Canes win cause it should be a better series. Vasi v Shesterkin will be like watching paint dry.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I can’t believe we just gave that series to the Panthers, that was embarrassing by them. They showed some life tonight but 3 games too late, Vasi is just so dominant. Barkov was a ghost, no cup for Giroux

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Makes our series loss even worse.
We could have beaten them but it would have been shallow. Do you think we beat Tampa?

Therefore I am on the side that this collapse by Florida putting up only 3 goals is a capital choke job.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Not much. Seems like an overreaction.
Well, he could have made a simple statement condemning the death threats and Islamophobia. Anything is better than no comment.

You can maintain Kadri as the villain to rally your team around with a wry comment like “Kadri’s religion has nothing to do with why players have an issue with him, especially given his history against our team”.

I dunno, always easy to play interweb PC Police in retrospect. Nothing he could have said is gonna stop the unhinged threats.

Last edited:

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I still wouldn't want to bring Kane on board in hindsight. Yeah, he's having a great playoff run, but there's a reason why he became persona non grata in every city he played in.
Was pretty funny watching Kane interviewed between periods in game 3 against the Flames. He was asked what it's like playing on a line with McDavid and Kane said "It's one of the reasons I chose to play in Edmonton"

Yeah ok Evander. You just has SO many offers around the league....

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Was pretty funny watching Kane interviewed between periods in game 3 against the Flames. He was asked what it's like playing on a line with McDavid and Kane said "It's one of the reasons I chose to play in Edmonton"

Yeah ok Evander. You just has SO many offers around the league....

Well actually… it was a pretty smart move for him to revive his career. Nothing says getting paid in FA in July like racking up huge numbers.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Well actually… it was a pretty smart move for him to revive his career. Nothing says getting paid in FA in July like racking up huge numbers.
Oh yeah he is playing really well and in the interview he sounded really level headed and not at all egotistical. He's probably been given some PR coaching.

It was just that one comment about "choosing Edmonton" that made me laugh.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
Well, he could have made a simple statement condemning the death threats and Islamophobia. Anything is better than no comment.

You can maintain Kadri as the villain to rally your team around with a wry comment like “Kadri’s religion has nothing to do with why players have an issue with him, especially given his history against our team”.

I dunno, always easy to play interweb PC Police in retrospect. Nothing he could have said is gonna stop the unhinged threats.
To be honest, I didn't realize he said "no comment" when asked about the racism and death threats.
If that was his remark then I'm wrong. He needs to condemn that garbage.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
I can’t believe we just gave that series to the Panthers, that was embarrassing by them. They showed some life tonight but 3 games too late, Vasi is just so dominant. Barkov was a ghost, no cup for Giroux
Yeah, that series really should've been a 5 game win.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Kadri responds with a hatty.

I'd love to have him and Perron from this series, in terms of players who could be available at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad