League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Been making an absolute ass of myself this season claiming it’s the leafs year. Well folks It’s the oilers year. Mike Smith is gonna lift the cup. I can’t believe it!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
NY Carolina might get kind of spicy tonight, Gallant looks like a total psycho sometimes lol. And how does Reaves just always find himself in the playoffs
Doesn't really matter since Reaves has never won a Cup, and hopefully never will!

Reactions: Corby78

Jun 15, 2007
I hope it's not a hot take here, but McDavid is playing at levels Ovechkin and Crosby never reached

Reactions: Kerberos

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I hope it's not a hot take here, but McDavid is playing at levels Ovechkin and Crosby never reached

In playoffs he can definetely beat them both if he carries this team to a cup. Crosby and Ovi have had series in the same level that McDavid plays now (Espescially the one they had against each other with Ovi 14 points and Crosby 13 points).

If he keeps scoring 12+ every series and wins it will be insane. I believe he was a little lucky in the first round with facing LA considering they where missing their 1D. So far he is just dominating the Flames and will be interesting to see how a series vs Avs or Blues will go.

One thing that is helping him a lot is Edmonton is stacking theyre 1st line with McDavid+Drai while Pens had spread Malkin and Crosby. I believe Crosby and Malkin would score more points together, but would take a huge hit on their secondary scoring as they both went 30+ in their first cup run on seperate lines.

So I believe they have matched him series wise, but they have all at times get taken out a little during their runs. Crosby against Red Wings for example so McDavid can seperate by being able to dominate the entire way.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
Kevin Weekes was saying that McDavid and Ovechkin were recruiting Evander Kane very hard this season before he picked the Oilers.
Regardless of the person Kane is, I love the fact that Ovi is trying to bring in talent, shows he isn't closing the window. I am hopeful they make some big splashes this offseason. Tom Wilson can't be the second leading goal scorer on the team, they need another guy at 30-40 goals.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll check back when he hoists a Cup or 3….otherwise….fun individual talent to watch for now. I’m looking forward to phase 2 of his career to see how his game holds up. (When his top end speed starts to fade.).

Reactions: sycamore

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I think he’s a fine player, but he’s more of a #2 center with no ability to play up in the lineup in terms of playdriving, playmaking, and scoring. And he’s projected to get $8.5 million this offseason, and will be entering his decline.

I agree with the decline part but Kadri is a pretty solid #1 center with multiple 30 goal seasons, two seasons close to or above ppg and with solid two-way play. 87 points in 71 games this seasob. He can lose his cool in the playoffs but s top six of Ovi, Kuzy, Wilson, Mantha, Kadri + is pretty good.

Agree with you on the decline part though and im in the rebuild camp but for those who ain't Kadri is s great addition.

Jun 15, 2007
I’ll check back when he hoists a Cup or 3….otherwise….fun individual talent to watch for now. I’m looking forward to phase 2 of his career to see how his game holds up. (When his top end speed starts to fade.).
I mean ,did you consider Ovechkin just a fun individual talent until 2018?

Reactions: Holtbyisms

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Evander Kane with 12 goals in the first two rounds. Don't think even the most prejudiced Caps
fan could say no to that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I mean ,did you consider Ovechkin just a fun individual talent until 2018?
Yep….Generational, but yep….this is a team sport with one prize. McDavid is the same thing as pre-2018 Ovy…..dreamy talent, incredibly fun to watch, but sporting a resume with a big hole in it. Doesn’t mean I hate him, or discount his talent, etc….his time will hopefully come.

Proclamations today, about how one guy measures up to a Cup winning Captain, much less a multi-Cup winning Captain….seem premature Is all.

Evander Kane with 12 goals in the first two rounds. Don't think even the most prejudiced Caps
I think you’re misjudging the height of the high horses some ride around here….;)

Last edited:

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Regardless of the person Kane is, I love the fact that Ovi is trying to bring in talent, shows he isn't closing the window. I am hopeful they make some big splashes this offseason. Tom Wilson can't be the second leading goal scorer on the team, they need another guy at 30-40 goals.

Yes, his name is TJ Oshie....the owner of the Albatross contract.

Nope and nope. Being an respectable human being > sports achievements.

Every god damn day.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Stl/Avs getting spicy. Dudes openly trying to elbow Kadri in the head, jumping him on the way to the bench. A rivalry renewed, fun to watch even though it will be over in 5. @RandyHolt are you entertained?

Also Mike Smith giving up a goal from the top of the opposing circle is hilarious. Longest I ever gave up was from the center line when my D man tipped it halfway in.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Jun 15, 2007
Yep….Generational, but yep….this is a team sport with one prize. McDavid is the same thing as pre-2018 Ovy…..dreamy talent, incredibly fun to watch, but sporting a resume with a big hole in it. Doesn’t mean I hate him, or discount his talent, etc….his time will hopefully come.

Proclamations today, about how one guy measures up to a Cup winning Captain, much less a multi-Cup winning Captain….seem premature Is all.

I think you’re misjudging the height of the high horses some ride around here….;)

Not comparing their careers or greatness. Just saying McDavid is currently playing at a level that Ovechkin and Crosby didn't reach. And by currently I mean the past two seasons, not just this series against the Flames.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
MacKinnon & Makar vs. McDavid gonna be goooood.
Agreed it is looking like it and it will be pretty madness. Surprised that Calgary and St. Lousis aren't doing as well felt they had the ability to play a more frustrating defensive game. Especially with Calgary it feels like they keep trying to play Edmonton's game and though generating chances can't finish as well naturally compared to the Oil.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Jun 15, 2007
I am like 99% sure his house is like 99% his wife's taste except maybe one room. Okay honey, you can have one room for your hockey stuff.

Reactions: Hivemind

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I liked his house walk thru, aside of the generic ass movie posters in their theater and faux-inspirational word collages in their den.
And I held you in such high regard before finding out that you too have awful interior decorating taste. What a shame.

Seriously though, the house is black. The kitchen is black. The patio is black. Most rooms have black walls. It’s weird.

• Haha
Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad