NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
You are in no position to say this to anyone, we have established that. And when your judgment is so impaired that you are willing to go to war over Johnny F***ing Cash, you have lost touch with reality. Find the nearest monastery and seek the solitude of silence until you have regained enough wisdom to not come into this thread with Johnny Cash Banter.

No F***ing Johnny Cash Banter.
Don't look now but you're going to war over Johnny Cash

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No one has terrible music taste. I hate that shit. If you can't find something from a genre you like, it only says something about you. For the record, I've never heard a Dierks Bentley song in my life. The name is just memorable.

Chris Stapleton is good. I have some of his stuff floating around. Sean Rowe too. Lucero is excellent. John Moreland. Sierra Ferrell. Shovels and Rope. It's probably more alt country for me I guess you would call it?

Oh, I don't let it bother me, don't get me wrong. I still listen to the same stuff regardless of what anyone else feels about it because i know what works for me. To your point -- we all enjoy different things. My musical tastes just mostly got trapped in my 19 year old mindset, so thats what i stick with, for beter or worse. I enjoy Rowe as well, some of those are new to me though -- ill have to check them out!

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Let’s put this to the test. What if Starat loves this song..?

(for the record, I do not)

That's bad, but it's not horrible. His voice is horrendous. The rest of it is just a song I would never notice in a good or bad way. It just exists in the vacuum of background noise. Things like this exist:

That might be indefensible. But I also liked the Vanilla Ice Ninja Turtles song when I was a dopey kid, so I still sympathize even with that. You can't be 35 and liking it though.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
That's bad, but it's not horrible. His voice is horrendous. The rest of it is just a song I would never notice in a good or bad way. It just exists in the vacuum of background noise. Things like this exist:

That might be indefensible. But I also liked the Vanilla Ice Ninja Turtles song when I was a dopey kid, so I still sympathize even with that. You can't be 35 and liking it though.

Yup, I still listen to stuff I grew up on, but I also love discovering new music and bands.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

ninja ninja RAP

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Go ninja go ninja go is a banger. So is T-U-R-T-L-E-POWER. How dare you sir.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So what we are thinking in terms of the football draft is picking the following positions so we have a full team.

QBDL
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRLB
WRLB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

What we're thinking is that you have to choose half current and half legends, but when you do each is up to you. It looks like a lot, but it's easy to get information, and we are running out of hockey players (but not categories) to pick in this stupid sport. Here's who I have signed up:

@ME @Young Sandwich @JojoTheWhale @ajgoal @CanadianFlyer88 @Chuck Downie @Lord Defect @Hollywood Couturier

Thoughts on any of it, more pickers, etc? Thinking of doing it around this time because the draft is so exciting.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Go ninja go ninja go is a banger. So is T-U-R-T-L-E-POWER. How dare you sir.

Fun story. Years ago, my buddy and I karaoked this song in a bar in DC. The picture just recently came up on my Facebook memories, actually.

FB_IMG_1619532611907.jpg

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
So what we are thinking in terms of the football draft is picking the following positions so we have a full team.

QBDL
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRLB
WRLB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
What we're thinking is that you have to choose half current and half legends, but when you do each is up to you. It looks like a lot, but it's easy to get information, and we are running out of hockey players (but not categories) to pick in this stupid sport. Here's who I have signed up:

@ME @Young Sandwich @JojoTheWhale @ajgoal @CanadianFlyer88 @Chuck Downie @Lord Defect @Hollywood Couturier

Thoughts on any of it, more pickers, etc? Thinking of doing it around this time because the draft is so exciting.
I love it, let's do it ASAP. Yesterday if possible.

Maybe drop a quick blurb in the Eagles thread to possibly get some more interest? Though that might open the door to some "unwanteds", so on second thought, maybe not.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Maybe drop a quick blurb in the Eagles thread to possibly get some more interest? Though that might open the door to some "unwanteds", so on second thought, maybe not.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I asked Morgo, but he's not really as into football outside the Bills as I thought. We could ask @BigToe but I don't know who else.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I asked Morgo, but he's not really into football outside the Bills as I thought. We could ask @BigToe but I don't know who else.
I could probably physically force DFF to get on board if need be, but I don't know how much everyone enjoys gouging out their eyes/eardrums/etc.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

QBDL
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRLB
WRLB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

What have I done to you? Besides everything, of course. And draft a literal Tkachuk factory.

Ok, maybe I don't need an answer.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sorry for the delay. I'm here you bunch of wangs.

I'm just going to finalize my players so I can move on to the meat of the round.

At Left Defense, the PORTLAND FOG select

OLEG TVERDOVSKY

At Right Defense, the PORTLAND FOG select

KJELL SAMUELSSON

Ok let's get this show back on the road now.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Sorry for the delay. I'm here you bunch of wangs.

I'm just going to finalize my players so I can move on to the meat of the round.

At Left Defense, the PORTLAND FOG select

OLEG TVERDOVSKY

At Right Defense, the PORTLAND FOG select

KJELL SAMUELSSON

Ok let's get this show back on the road now.

Awesome. I almost went Bentley & Kjell instead of Eklund & Ruotsalainen, crossing my fingers that Pelle would still be there in the next phase.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

QBDL
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRLB
WRLB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Do we NEED to draft positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad