NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Johnny Cash lol. Jojo, we live in a society.
Don’t be dissing Johnny Cash.
upload_2021-4-26_22-47-8.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Part of the draw for me was the 1984-85 Topps / O-Pee-Chee Hockey set. For some reason, there was a dude at the flea market at the Roosevelt Mall who sold boxes and boxes and boxes of that particular set circa 1988 or so. I'd go every Sunday and buy up a bunch of those packs. I had tons of Ruotsalainens and Loobs and being a kid was just fascinated with their names. I still have boxes of that stuff that I haven't really looked at since the early 90's. I looked through a bit a few years ago to see I had shit like Yzerman and Chelios rookie cards. Only problem was that I had handled them like @Striiker as you might expect, so they're not worth a damn thing.

Stop me if I have already shared this bit of self-flagellation. When I was a pre-teen in the 1970s I loved collecting hockey cards and was manic about it. Of all of the seasons I bought pack after pack religiously to build my sets, the only series I completed was 1979 Topps. Even the Wayne Gretzky rookie card. I was so thrilled with this achievement, I chose to commemorate it the only way I thought appropriate: I Scotch-taped every card into a binder.

I actually had a second Gretzky rookie card in a box of cards a friend of mine left with me when his parents moved to Saudi Arabia. I saw him about a decade ago when he was visiting from Australia, so I returned it to him and told him to take good care of it. We have talked since; he didn't mention the card and I didn't ask.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Stop me if I have already shared this bit of self-flagellation. When I was a pre-teen in the 1970s I loved collecting hockey cards and was manic about it. Of all of the seasons I bought pack after pack religiously to build my sets, the only series I completed was 1979 Topps. Even the Wayne Gretzky rookie card. I was so thrilled with this achievement, I chose to commemorate it the only way I thought appropriate: I Scotch-taped every card into a binder.

I actually had a second Gretzky rookie card in a box of cards a friend of mine left with me when his parents moved to Saudi Arabia. I saw him about a decade ago when he was visiting from Australia, so I returned it to him and told him to take good care of it. We have talked since; he didn't mention the card and I didn't ask.
It could be worse. When my dad went into the army, my grand mom threw out his comic books.

Included in the collection was Superman #1. She also tossed his baseball cards which were all from 1945 to around 1956, 57. I don’t think dad ever got over it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It could be worse. When my dad went into the army, my grand mom threw out his comic books.

Included in the collection was Superman #1. She also tossed his baseball cards which were all from 1945 to around 1956, 57. I don’t think dad ever got over it.

Yeah, that is definitely worse.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
In a shocking turn of events, the Seattle Sockeyes have been deprived of the diminutive dynamo defenseman, Reijo Ruotsalainen, so we turn to hockey's American first family to complete our legends 3rd pair, even though that American first family is led by a Canadian.

Winning back to back Stanley Cups with the Montreal Wanderers in 1906 and 1907 as one of the premier offensive defensemen of his era, it would be his dedication to the sport and growth of the game in the United States that would become synonymous with his name.

Along with his brother Frank, he helped form the Pacific Coast Hockey Association that lured stars like Cyclone Taylor and Newsy Lalonde to the west coast to a league some have dubbed the most exciting professional league ever.

His PCHA journey even brought him to Seattle for a season with the Metropolitans before finishing out his playing career with the Victoria Aristocrats.... or so he thought.

As head coach of the New York Rangers in their second season, he led them to the Stanley Cup Final where his goaltender was injured in game 2. Without a back up, he himself suited up and saved 18/19 shots in an overtime victory. A substitute goalie played the remainder of the series, leading the Rangers to their first ever Cup (*barf*).

A six time Stanley Cup champion (2 as a player, 4 as coach/manager), he was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1947. His name now honours dedication to improving the game in the US with an annual trophy.

Welcome back to Seattle and to the Sockeyes, Lester Patrick!

trophy_lesterpatricklg.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

And, as a goalie :laugh: The "Silver Fox":

unnamed-2.jpg

@Rebels57, back to you for another double dip!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, grip-getters.

PrRoNib.png

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock with a pair, then back to the self-confessed anal weirdo @CanadianFlyer88 on deck, method actor @BiggE on the lido deck, and @BernieParent on the lido afterdeck.

Tonight is Game Two of what will come to be known by history as The Great Apathy Miasma Shootout Quartet or something. I can't even, can you? F***ing ridiculous. Stupid sport, and stupid commissioner more than anything. That wee stupid bastard. You know he came from the NBA, right, and that every single thing he has ever done has been done in an effort to make the NHL the NBA? That was behind the name changes of the conferences, so idiots in Arizona and Texas and Florida could see words that they understood, and in the process just carpet-bombed NHL history with impunity. Now we're even on TNT :laugh: It's great to shit on NBC and that diarrhea Peacock and leave them in the dust, but still. I hate him so much. So, so, so, so much.

You know what I don't hate? I don't either. I'm too angry to remember. F***ing Gary.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Good morning, grip-getters.

PrRoNib.png

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock with a pair, then back to the self-confessed anal weirdo @CanadianFlyer88 on deck, method actor @BiggE on the lido deck, and @BernieParent on the lido afterdeck.

Tonight is Game Two of what will come to be known by history as The Great Apathy Miasma Shootout Quartet or something. I can't even, can you? F***ing ridiculous. Stupid sport, and stupid commissioner more than anything. That wee stupid bastard. You know he came from the NBA, right, and that every single thing he has ever done has been done in an effort to make the NHL the NBA? That was behind the name changes of the conferences, so idiots in Arizona and Texas and Florida could see words that they understood, and in the process just carpet-bombed NHL history with impunity. Now we're even on TNT :laugh: It's great to shit on NBC and that diarrhea Peacock and leave them in the dust, but still. I hate him so much. So, so, so, so much.

You know what I don't hate? I don't either. I'm too angry to remember. F***ing Gary.
upload_2021-4-27_7-54-14.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Get a functioning musical taste.

You are in no position to say this to anyone, we have established that. And when your judgment is so impaired that you are willing to go to war over Johnny F***ing Cash, you have lost touch with reality. Find the nearest monastery and seek the solitude of silence until you have regained enough wisdom to not come into this thread with Johnny Cash Banter.

No F***ing Johnny Cash Banter.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You are in no position to say this to anyone, we have established that. And when your judgment is so impaired that you are willing to go to war over Johnny F***ing Cash, you have lost touch with reality. Find the nearest monastery and seek the solitude of silence until you have regained enough wisdom to not come into this thread with Johnny Cash Banter.

No F***ing Johnny Cash Banter.

I recognized my tastes border on questionable. But there's no way on this green earth you can tell me Johnny Cash is bad.

Welcome to the musical taste slums, Cap.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I recognized my tastes border on questionable. But there's no way on this green earth you can tell me Johnny Cash is bad.

Welcome to the musical taste slums, Cap.

I'm a music guy, so I check these things. There's more what you could call country from the last 10 years in my recent history than I ever would have guessed.

Not pop country. I'm not blasting Dierks Bentley while I work. But country covers a lot more ground than you might think.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm a music guy, so I check these things. There's more what you could call country from the last 10 years in my recent history than I ever would have guessed.

Not pop country. I'm not blasting Dierks Bentley while I work. But country covers a lot more ground than you might think.

I have terrible musical taste so I listen to Dierks. Not often, but on occasion. More Chris Stapleton and Luke Combs though.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I have terrible musical taste so I listen to Dierks. Not often, but on occasion. More Chris Stapleton and Luke Combs thougg.

No one has terrible music taste. I hate that shit. If you can't find something from a genre you like, it only says something about you. For the record, I've never heard a Dierks Bentley song in my life. The name is just memorable.

Chris Stapleton is good. I have some of his stuff floating around. Sean Rowe too. Lucero is excellent. John Moreland. Sierra Ferrell. Shovels and Rope. It's probably more alt country for me I guess you would call it?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
No one has terrible music taste. I hate that shit. If you can't find something from a genre you like, it only says something about you. For the record, I've never heard a Dierks Bentley song in my life. The name is just memorable.

Chris Stapleton is good. I have some of his stuff floating around. Sean Rowe too. Lucero is excellent. John Moreland. Sierra Ferrell. Shovels and Rope. It's probably more alt country for me I guess you would call it?
If shovels and rope is country, that sounds like some white power band.
If it was a lounge act, it’d be some crooner in bed with the mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad