NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So what we are thinking in terms of the football draft is picking the following positions so we have a full team.

QBDL
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRLB
WRLB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
What we're thinking is that you have to choose half current and half legends, but when you do each is up to you. It looks like a lot, but it's easy to get information, and we are running out of hockey players (but not categories) to pick in this stupid sport. Here's who I have signed up:

@ME @Young Sandwich @JojoTheWhale @ajgoal @CanadianFlyer88 @Chuck Downie @Lord Defect @Hollywood Couturier

Thoughts on any of it, more pickers, etc? Thinking of doing it around this time because the draft is so exciting.
Looks like you're missing tight end.

I'm happy to draft both legends and current full teams but i am also a degenerate. Maybe a coach.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Looks like you're missing tight end.

I'm happy to draft both legends and current full teams but i am also a degenerate. Maybe a coach.
upload_2021-4-27_16-56-5.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Bern, I almost never check DMs, I've had the red notification dot by the quote bubbles for months now so I never know if I have a new one or not :laugh:

It's all good.

tenor.gif

I sent you a DM a few months ago asking if you wanted a mint condition Wayne Gretzky rookie card. You never responded so I gave it to Striiker. He chewed on it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Let's see if this makes sense. This way we can play a 3-4 or 4-3 on defense, and having a coach is a great idea. Here's the question - if we are having three WRs (which we definitely are), do we want one or two RBs - I assume two?

QB
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRDL/LB
WRLB
TELB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
COACH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Let's see if this makes sense. This way we can play a 3-4 or 4-3 on defense, and having a coach is a great idea. Here's the question - if we are having three WRs (which we definitely are), do we want one or two RBs - I assume two?
QB
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRDL/LB
WRLB
TELB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
COACH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
You can count me in. I just set up my Stupid Football Player Dartboard. Much like the Eagles, my goal is to build a team that’s as dysfunctional as possible. With that in mind, should we also select a GM to go with our coach?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Inspired by our Rental Rexi pick, and given that we’re in the latter stages of the hockey draft, the NJFZ select Late Season Rental Pick-up for their Future Draft Category. This could be anything we’ve already picked. Say you think you need another puckmover on D, or that your players might be getting sick of having ketchup during the soup course, or maybe you regret that your starting legend goaltender is a 19th century naturalist. You get to bring in another pick for a run and it doesn’t even have to clear waivers. To be clear, you aren’t 86ing the ketchup (or Darwin). Rather, you can just choose [Ranch] for the soup course on a given night for that extra boost when your team needs it.

If it makes sense, maybe we can limit it to a 21st man on a roster, but I think it would be more fun to include the other categories.

@Hollywood Couturier

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You can count me in. I just set up my Stupid Football Player Dartboard. Much like the Eagles, my goal is to build a team that’s as dysfunctional as possible. With that in mind, should we also select a GM to go with our coach?

I don't think so - they really are more of a shadow figure in the NFL than they are in the NHL, or at least they have been. If people want us to, it's fine - I am always up for picking more shit.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

QB
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRDL/LB
WRLB
TELB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
COACH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I say two RB.

Maybe we can eventually draft a team or partial team of fictional players? There's gotta be enough to pull from.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

QB
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRDL/LB
WRLB
TELB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
COACH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You're making it very hard on yourself because then you have to adjudicate constantly.

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
OT
OG
C
OG
OT

PK
P

EDGE*
EDGE*
IDL
LB
LB
CB
CB
S
S
FLEX
FLEX

COACH x 1 or x 2 depending on whether you want to split O/D. Either way works fine.

Then anyone can run any scheme they want on either side of the ball and you don't have to worry about what fits. You can even Flex out more positions if you prefer. But definitely make it easy on yourself and don't worry about being strict.

*EDGE = 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad