NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
You're making it very hard on yourself because then you have to adjudicate constantly.

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
FLEX
OT
OG
C
OG
OT

PK
P

EDGE*
EDGE*
IDL
LB
LB
CB
CB
S
S
FLEX
FLEX

COACH x 1 or x 2 depending on whether you want to split O/D. Either way works fine.

Then anyone can run any scheme they want on either side of the ball and you don't have to worry about what fits. You can even Flex out more positions if you prefer. But definitely make it easy on yourself and don't worry about being strict.

*EDGE = 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB
What the f*** is a flex? JFC football really is stupider than hockey.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What the f*** is a flex? JFC football really is stupider than hockey.

On offense, "flex" could be a RB, WR, TE, or Taysom Hill. On defense, "flex" could be DL, LB, CB, or S. Basically. So like you could decide if you want to stuff the line of scrimmage and shut down the run, or flood the secondary with bodies, or something in between where you have pressure on the QB, but also enough coverage. Or you could choose the science fiction option where you pick the group that you think could best defeat (presumed) Overlords.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm still bitter that Macho Harris wasn't good in the NFL. I'm just saying.

I'm still confused by that. Sorry.

He was incredible to watch live in college. He just couldn't brain football at the NFL level and out-athlete NFL receivers and QBs.

He played at the same time as Deron Washington. A basketball player who's unbelievable physical talent was only matched by his unbelievably bad decisions. Routinely made Sportscenter top 10s but was probably a net negative somehow.

We were monopolizing the mega-athletes with un-mega brains at that point. Best example: Marcus Vick. Holy shit what a broken person. That guy tried to fight middle schoolers in a McDonalds.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
On offense, "flex" could be a RB, WR, TE, or Taysom Hill. On defense, "flex" could be DL, LB, CB, or S. Basically. So like you could decide if you want to stuff the line of scrimmage and shut down the run, or flood the secondary with bodies, or something in between where you have pressure on the QB, but also enough coverage. Or you could choose the science fiction option where you pick the group that you think could best defeat (presumed) Overlords.
But I can’t have a team of retired mascots. Great.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Let's see if this makes sense. This way we can play a 3-4 or 4-3 on defense, and having a coach is a great idea. Here's the question - if we are having three WRs (which we definitely are), do we want one or two RBs - I assume two?

QB
RBDL
RBDL
WRDL
WRDL/LB
WRLB
TELB
OTLB
OGCB
CCB
OGS
OTS
PKP
COACH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Why don't you just draft 1 DL and 2 LBs and 2 edge rushers? Allows drafters to choose 4-3 or 3-4 with way less effort on your part

Ah, I see I am leight on this, should have guessed @JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm still confused by that. Sorry.

He was incredible to watch live in college. He just couldn't brain football at the NFL level and out-athlete NFL receivers and QBs.

He played at the same time as Deron Washington. A basketball player who's unbelievable physical talent was only matched by his unbelievably bad decisions. Routinely made Sportscenter top 10s but was probably a net negative somehow.

We were monopolizing the mega-athletes with un-mega brains at that point. Best example: Marcus Vick. Holy shit what a broken person. That guy tried to fight middle schoolers in a McDonalds.

I was dying for all three of Harris, Chancellor, and Worilds to end up on the Eagles in 08/09. Of course I only got the one that busted. :laugh:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Only one meal can satiate a Sexpo when they are about to face the firing squad: a giant plate of smoked meat with classic accompaniments. We're talking pulled pork, beef ribs, pork ribs, brisket, burnt ends, bacon, sausages, chicken, turkey, corn bread, cole slaw, potato salad, greens, corn on the cob, mac and cheese, baked beans, pickles, and every type of BBQ sauce imaginable (sweet, spicy, vinegar, mustard, white, etc). We'll also throw in a hot fudge brownie sundae at the end to hopefully kill us before the bastards can do it themselves.

feges_bbq_lerma.jpg

img_9127_71974.jpg

Team Last Meal - Smoked BBQ Platter

Do it @JojoTheWhale, I f***ing dare you.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
If you're going to take a chain restaurant, you can't half-ass it. I'm not interested in frozen chicken tendies or a family atmosphere. I want breakfast at 2 AM after a night out and potentially to be attacked with a fork or removable tooth at any point. Give me Waffle House.

waffle-house4-950x535.png

@Lord Defect Job's done.

I had this shortlisted but I had decided to go in another direction. It would have been a perfect fit for the Zeppelins thematically though:

Waffle House Index - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad