NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I feel like I'm alone on here in liking Sam Kinison. Kinison was a former Pentacostal Preacher and even Bern doesn't like him.

I find him humorous, and I am going to use him for our actor swap. Sam Kinison will replace well
64d09n.gif

latest

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
For our hill to die on we are going with tattoos. I'm personally not really a fan but I dig them if they're done as a remembrance of someone in your life or if you were part of a group such as the military or a sports team and get them to commemorate that shared experience.

What I can't stand are people who get them on their necks or full arm(aka a sleave) in an effort to look cool or tough.

I semi understand it when a guy does it but my true 'Hill to die on' is when a girl has them. It's just trashy looking. You could take the most beautiful/classy woman who's a solid '10' and it would instantly knock her down to a 6 at best.

To sum up for Cap 'sleave' tattoos on women are nasty.

This is not quite the same thing, but I drafted bad tattoos as my pet peeve or whatever in an earlier phase.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"For our last selection in this Draft phase, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks thought we would have a bit of ridiculous fun. While other franchises made very thoughtful choices for actor swaps, we want to pursue the ironic like a few others. In the role of Conan the Barbarian -- send us the bill, whoever owns this film -- we will subtract Arnold Schwarzenegger and replace him with ...

(Hopefully this works.)

"And with that, we retire to think fondly of our most recent draft picks and to await @CanadianFlyer88's next and final selection."

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
"For our last selection in this Draft phase, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks thought we would have a bit of ridiculous fun. While other franchises made very thoughtful choices for actor swaps, we want to pursue the ironic like a few others. In the role of Conan the Barbarian -- send us the bill, whoever owns this film -- we will subtract Arnold Schwarzenegger and replace him with ...

(Hopefully this works.)

"And with that, we retire to think fondly of our most recent draft picks and to await @CanadianFlyer88's next and final selection."

Best part of that is that makes Defect Mr Rogers. Well done :laugh:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
We left this until out final selection of this phase because we weren't really sure what direction we would take it. There are plenty of "babes" as much as there are plenty of "Babes". And, in that, I suppose we'll target a babe Babe.

She made her name in tabloid journalism, but is actually real journalist at heart. Supposedly hailing from Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa, she ultimately fell for a billionaire pizza guy that owned (at least temporarily) a professional sports franchise (not Mike Ilitch).

The Seattle Sockeyes are pleased to select Babe Bennett as our team "Babe".

MV5BMWZlZTIxNzMtZGE1Zi00YWRlLWEyODAtZjUzMDFmODUwZWI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg

@JojoTheWhale, do not, under any circumstances, underestimate the sneakiness.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
For our hill to die on we are going with tattoos. I'm personally not really a fan but I dig them if they're done as a remembrance of someone in your life or if you were part of a group such as the military or a sports team and get them to commemorate that shared experience.

What I can't stand are people who get them on their necks or full arm(aka a sleave) in an effort to look cool or tough.

I semi understand it when a guy does it but my true 'Hill to die on' is when a girl has them. It's just trashy looking. You could take the most beautiful/classy woman who's a solid '10' and it would instantly knock her down to a 6 at best.

To sum up for Cap 'sleave' tattoos on women are nasty.
This is actually not a bad hill, unlike your unoriginal band name

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Rather than use this for something witty or clever, our Actor Swap is going to be used to remove a painfully unfunny person from a great show purely for selfish reasons.

Jeff Green --> John Goodman in Curb Your Enthusiasm

The rest of this writeup has been RANCHed until a future date.

@Captain Dave Poulin I'm not entirely sure who to tag here. Starberry and Defect are both done, I think? That would make it @Young Sandwich?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Rather than use this for something witty or clever, our Actor Swap is going to be used to remove a painfully unfunny person from a great show purely for selfish reasons.

@Captain Dave Poulin I'm not entirely sure who to tag here. Starberry and Defect are both done, I think? That would make it @Young Sandwich?
I’m not done. I’m also not ready. I have a shitbag left to pick

ok I have someone in mind

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Is this supposed to be Jeff Garlin?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Holy f***ing f***. Gezundheit's younger brother, Aristophanes, is on TV again, on a f***ing TUESDAY. F***'s sake, he's an idiot.

a796ea39132fce411ab74f40772041c6.gif

Speaking of which, @Lord Defect is on the clock to start the day. About an hour ago he said he had thought of someone and had his pick, but of course he didn't actually pick it. He might pick (badly) while I am (badly) typing this out, but I don't have a lot of hope. @Young Sandwich is on deck with a babe to pick. I'm not saying that we should all expect a babe thread, because there are no babe threads, but if I were you I would expect a babe thread. The thing about that massive pervert is that he is a massive pervert - the other thing about that massive pervert is that if and when he creates a babe thread, it will be worth seeing, so that's good, so enjoy it, but don't be a pig about it. Bigg Florida Man is finished with the phase, so @pit is on the lido deck ready to pick a fictional owner for my brother. mja is on the lido afterdeck with a literal member slot to stuff, and I know for a fact that he will plug it with some shit, which is the whole point of the exercise, innit.

For everyone participating in the Supplemental Supergroup 2 Superdraft, I will launch that today at some point. It will be its own thread separate from PHASE 15! Just a little hint for that and everything else - when you search the spreadsheet, remember that typing sometimes goes awry, so if a name doesn't show up when you search the last name, maybe try a search with the first name before you pick.

Before we can do that, I need GKJ to make his make-up pick, but he probably won't put the bong down, so I am not going to hold my breath. We also need Spite Supergroup names from Chuckles and Starberry. I thought Starberry already gave me one, but I can't find it, so if anyone sees it somewhere let me know.

That show "Bulgasal" is fairly terrible through five episodes. I wish I could stop watching it.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
We at the Stay Pufts cannot stand this man. He has spent years peddling one snake oil after another and often shitting on last weeks oil in favor of whichever is paying him more. Thanks to the namesake of caps favorite (if not official, I can’t remember) gif, he’s brainwashed millions of soccer moms in the Midwest.
We’re snagging him on a technicality as he doesn’t sing, but has sung at least once.
He will be playing a custom instrument consisting of gargling his various snake oils, and playing various percussion instruments with his face, such as walls and kegs. (In case this puts me on a list, this is purely hypothetical and fantasy and in no way real)

Unwelcome to Asnito Dr. Oz.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WMKiP12uGk
FA621B13-7018-4161-8177-55E20DBBBB35.jpeg

@Captain Dave Poulin who is up now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad