NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
“The category requesting selection of a Franchise ‘Babe’ left the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks in bafflement for a long time. On the surface it seemed like an antiquated belittlement of women; however, we were confident that this league and its owners are not aligned with this type of outdated thinking. We looked deeper into the consideration of a woman whose charm and beauty were of a historical significance. We, therefore, select as our Franchise Babe, Bathsheba.

DP-17059-001.jpg

“According to the accounts of the prophet Samuel and the First Book of Kings, King David of Israel was oddly in his palace during the time when kings were usually with their armies at war. While wandering around one night on his palace roof, he saw a beautiful woman bathing. David sent his servants to bring her to him, she stayed the night, and became pregnant.

“Bathsheba wasn’t just any random hottie; she was the daughter of Eliam and, more importantly to this story, wife of Uriah the Hittite, likely two of David’s elite guards. David compounded his sin by trying to trick Uriah into sleeping with Bathsheba, but Uriah – ever the loyal soldier – wouldn’t return home while they are at war. So David sent an order to his general that Uriah be put in the front lines and abandoned in the heat of battle. As expected, Uriah was killed, and the now widowed Bathsheba moved into the palace.

“David, the greatest king of Israel and a man after God’s own heart, had many wives at the time but chose to do these terrible things. Nathan the prophet tore a strip off David for his sinfulness and foretold that the baby would die. David repented and he prayed and fasted for the baby, who died nonetheless.

“But this wasn’t the end of Bathsheba’s story. She became the mother of the next king, Solomon, and was a wise counsel to him amid a whole lot of family bloodshed and turmoil. She was a woman of faith and courage that revealed her true nature much better than simply her beauty.”

Let's find out what's on @Rebels57's mind.
Well done

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
“The category requesting selection of a Franchise ‘Babe’ left the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks in bafflement for a long time. On the surface it seemed like an antiquated belittlement of women; however, we were confident that this league and its owners are not aligned with this type of outdated thinking. We looked deeper into the consideration of a woman whose charm and beauty were of a historical significance. We, therefore, select as our Franchise Babe, Bathsheba.

“According to the accounts of the prophet Samuel and the First Book of Kings, King David of Israel was oddly in his palace during the time when kings were usually with their armies at war. While wandering around one night on his palace roof, he saw a beautiful woman bathing. David sent his servants to bring her to him, she stayed the night, and became pregnant.

“Bathsheba wasn’t just any random hottie; she was the daughter of Eliam and, more importantly to this story, wife of Uriah the Hittite, likely two of David’s elite guards. David compounded his sin by trying to trick Uriah into sleeping with Bathsheba, but Uriah – ever the loyal soldier – wouldn’t return home while they are at war. So David sent an order to his general that Uriah be put in the front lines and abandoned in the heat of battle. As expected, Uriah was killed, and the now widowed Bathsheba moved into the palace.

“David, the greatest king of Israel and a man after God’s own heart, had many wives at the time but chose to do these terrible things. Nathan the prophet tore a strip off David for his sinfulness and foretold that the baby would die. David repented and he prayed and fasted for the baby, who died nonetheless.

“But this wasn’t the end of Bathsheba’s story. She became the mother of the next king, Solomon, and was a wise counsel to him amid a whole lot of family bloodshed and turmoil. She was a woman of faith and courage that revealed her true nature much better than simply her beauty.”

Let's find out what's on @Rebels57's mind.

Two (at least) great songs were made from that story:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Which one is it now? I looked up that Italian pairs curling lady, but I must have found the wrong one, because she was definitely not a beauty (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Shiffrin, for one. Also the Alaskan American curler is a beaut too

I know Constantini isn't your type- she doesn't paint her face on every morning. Or sing annoying music (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Reactions: BiggE

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
It's been a long day and I'm tired but I swear I just read the phrase 'artsie boobies'.

Well done Bern, that's the first time I smiled all day:laugh:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
constantini_stefania1280.jpg

you-had-my-curiosity-you-had-my-attention.gif

Not fair, bro.

main-qimg-af4fea8faac3905be9f19f69503261a6
It's not really fun when its just kind of shit talking your favorite things, you know?

Boxes of makeup isn't really my type (not that there's anything wrong with that). Which is why I think Constantini is a beaut. She's also a beast at curling. Leading all women in accuracy this oympics

Reactions: BiggE and Magua

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I'm Team DP on Stefania, but you saw her on your television chucking a rock today, let's maybe take a step back.:laugh:
She's isn't a favorite thing of mine, that wasn't what "it" was about. I just think that every once in a while people need to take 10-15% off on the spite there, Squirrelly Dan

c465eacf-9901-4b11-80bc-0d0fed58551b_text.gif

Disclaimer: I didn't sleep well last night and had to deal with state board of pharmacy shit today on my day off, so I'm most definitely grumpy right now

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
She's isn't a favorite thing of mine, that wasn't what "it" was about. I just think that every once in a while people need to take 10-15% off on the spite there, Squirrelly Dan

Disclaimer: I didn't sleep well last night and had to deal with state board of pharmacy shit today on my day off, so I'm most definitely grumpy right now

Hop in Daddio, have a rest, I got it from here.

BnYyZNB.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's Monday.

5pjpFizOF0WqHWXSGonzMa2CSyT9umUYGbFHs5HREFjij3oZYgWWHUPnfU0J3ikb6yDwfHP5lnyNCVlza7LstV5t_naohpOD3UisC0LnDyg

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock. He has two member holes to fill. Hopefully he has overcome his weekend maladies and stuffs shit into those holes. @Asnito is on deck with a pair which will consist of a hill to die on and an actor swap. I pray that his metamorphosis into Defect Doppelganger reverses and he regains some semblance of mental quietude. After Rebels goes again, @BernieParent steps up from the lido deck to select his actor swap. CanadianFlyer88 is on the lido afterdeck simping over whichever babe he has chosen for his Team Babe, unless he also picks a cow or ox or some other creature which can in the right hands under the right circumstances become a hamburger.

When Korean series go wrong, it's usually for the same reason - a lack of urgency. Even the good series (the ones where you can suspend your disbelief and frustration and enjoy the good parts) tend to be repetitive, employing flashbacks which are too long too frequently, but the bad ones go even further. The flashbacks are even longer and more frequent, but they also have what I call a "lazy camera." They sit in shots and scenes for far too long in the mistaken impression that it deepens the emotional reaction in the viewer. When they do finally reveal their mysteries, and when they do anything else, they give the audience no credit for being able to figure things out, so they overspew obvious information. Ironically, with the lazy camera and all those other things, they take forever to get to the central mystery. It just feels like they are spinning their wheels. "Sisyphus" is like that, and through four episodes, so is "Bulgasal." Fingers crossed that it gets better.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Give us LIL WAYNE. Not only does he look like he was vomited back up by a dog, but he raps like he just ate a handful of quaaludes. He's going to beat-box instead of THE SUCK having an actual drummer.

@Asnito clap them cheeks

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad