NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
But that’s exactly my point. People DO attempt to compare one era to another and one player to another from a different era… and it’s done very poorly. If they do that then it’s no longer relative to their own eras, it has to be in a vacuum, otherwise it’s unfair to current superior athletes.

Regardless, this is my hill to die on and I think those teams were utter shit to watch and completely unimpressive. Nobody is convincing me otherwise and you couldn’t pay me to watch that hockey.
But you’d pay to watch Philly vs NJ in 2022?

Feel what you will, but if you had been in the Spectrum for nearly every home game between 1975 and 1987 you might have a different viewpoint.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
But that’s exactly my point. People DO attempt to compare one era to another and one player to another from a different era… and it’s done very poorly. If they do that then it’s no longer relative to their own eras, it has to be in a vacuum, otherwise it’s unfair to current superior athletes.

Regardless, this is my hill to die on and I think those teams were utter shit to watch and completely unimpressive. Nobody is convincing me otherwise and you couldn’t pay me to watch that hockey.

That's the whole point - it's your hill and you are entitled to think and believe whatever you want. It doesn't matter how wrong you are, which in this case is VERY wrong, but I do understand where you are coming from. In fact, I don't think you are wrong so much as the phrase "The Broad Street Bullies are Overrated" is wrong. Your thought carries more to it than that simple phrase, but as you know, I have to fit this shit into tiny boxes, so I appreciate the brevity.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But you’d pay to watch Philly vs NJ in 2022?

Feel what you will, but if you had been in the Spectrum for nearly every home game between 1975 and 1987 you might have a different viewpoint.

I watch for Giroux, out of morbid curiosity for how bad it can get, and because I still post on this forum. The team as a whole is dead to me and I couldn't give a shit less about Philly vs NJ or anyone else.

But yeah, I'm sure I would have. But that's fit's into my nostalgia point. It'd be good because it was a good memory at that time. Not because it's objectively a good viewing experience in my opinion.

That's the whole point - it's your hill and you are entitled to think and believe whatever you want. It doesn't matter how wrong you are, which in this case is VERY wrong, but I do understand where you are coming from. In fact, I don't think you are wrong so much as the phrase "The Broad Street Bullies are Overrated" is wrong. Your thought carries more to it than that simple phrase, but as you know, I have to fit this shit into tiny boxes, so I appreciate the brevity.

Exactly, I was making sure it fit with a crude summary.

And yeah, again, this is my hill to die on, not something I think is an indisputable fact. From my perspective it is and I can't be convinced otherwise, which is the whole point. Plus, the fact that it got this reaction means it did it's job perfectly. ;) Picking the other ones would've been too tame and boring.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I actually pity him. His only real exposure to Flyers hockey has been the last 15 years or so.

Kids always think they know everything.
I remember watching Primeau/Gagne era Flyers as a little kid, then didn't pay attention for a while for various reasons, and then I've paid close attention since halfway through the 2009-2010 season until now. So basically all misery.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I remember watching Primeau/Gagne era Flyers as a little kid, then didn't pay attention for a while for various reasons, and then I've paid close attention since halfway through the 2009-2010 season until now. So basically all misery.

It's shocking how long it has been bad, and how bad it has been during that time. I can't stress strongly enough how clearly this is the worst this organization has ever been.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
We are going to fill out our band of spite with a duo. I don't like clowns
th

I don't like multiple clowns
latest

and I certainly don't like singing clowns
th

Insane Clown Posse and the subculture around it earns Joseph Bruce and Joseph Utsler the final 2 spots in our band of poo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad