NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There is a very, very, very, very clear #Lore pick sitting there for you should you choose to take it. Two of them, actually, but one of them is stupid.
Of course I've thought of the one I'm sure you're thinking of but I think that's too easy and tame. I'm not sure what the other is though.

I also have two others in mind that I'm considering which are quite a bit more spicy...

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
she did actually say weird hockey forum friends

IUJeYqv-1000x1154.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Update:

"Girl, I just want you to know that @Captain Dave Poulin said thanks, great spite, great pick, etc"

"I don't know what's going on but I appreciate Captain Dave Poulin and all your friends"

EDIT: she did actually say weird hockey forum friends

It's a big day for me and my weird hockey forum friends. A BIG day. I think we are at the point, though, where if anyone still asks you for, quote, "The nurse's Only Fans page" you should run.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Update:

"Girl, I just want you to know that @Captain Dave Poulin said thanks, great spite, great pick, etc"

"I don't know what's going on but I appreciate Captain Dave Poulin and all your friends"

EDIT: she did actually say weird hockey forum friends
Wow, she’s nice. My wife: are you talking to those other nutjobs in that hockey chat again?

EDIT: OTOH, she’s a great cook and doesn’t care how much I’m out playing gigs so I should probably shut up

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Hill to die on

I have way more serious ones than this but I'll go with BOBA FETT IS LAME and I don't get the hype around the character at all. Worthless background character and I've been told he's lame even in his own show. Hell, my obsessed coworker nearly had a goddamn meltdown Wednesday because he wasn't in the newest episode of his own show, lmao.

I have negative feelings towards that character's franchise as a whole- literally all because of this one amigo of mine- but I'll keep the spite centralized on this one character because I'm sure this is controversial enough as it is and I don't want death threats.

Fictional owner

One day following the events of his son's show, Martin Crane hit the jackpot- literally. He won the lottery. With teams of every other sport in Seattle (this was before the Sonics moved), he bought a professional hockey team to his hometown, thus the Sockeyes were born. You may wonder why the league allowed some random retired cop to own a franchise, but it doesn't have to make sense in this universe. When Marty died a few years ago, he willed the team to his son, current owner

FRASIER CRANE

Who isn't terribly fond of sports (and moved to Chicago in the finale- ignore that) and is currently in the process of trying to sell the team. (I imagine Niles was also willed the team as joint owner but I'm guessing we can only choose one)

It makes no sense but it's all I could really think of on the fly.

@JojoTheWhale

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hill to die on

I have way more serious ones than this but I'll go with BOBA FETT IS LAME and I don't get the hype around the character at all. Worthless background character and I've been told he's lame even in his own show. Hell, my obsessed coworker nearly had a goddamn meltdown Wednesday because he wasn't in the newest episode of his own show, lmao.

I have negative feelings towards that character's franchise as a whole- literally all because of this one amigo of mine- but I'll keep the spite centralized on this one character because I'm sure this is controversial enough as it is and I don't want death threats.

Fictional owner

One day following the events of his son's show, Martin Crane hit the jackpot- literally. He won the lottery. With teams of every other sport in Seattle (this was before the Sonics moved), he bought a professional hockey team to his hometown, thus the Sockeyes were born. You may wonder why the league allowed some random retired cop to own a franchise, but it doesn't have to make sense in this universe. When Marty died a few years ago, he willed the team to his son, current owner

FRASIER CRANE

Who isn't terribly fond of sports (and moved to Chicago in the finale- ignore that) and is currently in the process of trying to sell the team. (I imagine Niles was also willed the team as joint owner but I'm guessing we can only choose one)

It makes no sense but it's all I could really think of on the fly.

@JojoTheWhale
Have fun dying.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well, it's a doggone shame, but never too late for change. Yah, mo be there. Up, and over.

james-ingram-michael-mcdonald.gif

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock and under about 14 feet of snow, which he likes, and so would I. I mean "I would like to be under that many feet of snow, or any amount of snow," and not "I like that Jojo is buried." If he can dig his way free he will pick a shitbag, a babe, a lawyer, or an actor to swap out and an actor to swap in. Sounds like a lot, eh? @Striiker is on deck, and it sounds like he has given this next pick a lot of thought, which is nice. That f***ing song played a second time right after the first and is still going on in my ears lolz. @CanadianFlyer88 is on the lido deck, and like Loverboy, he slept last night in a jeans shirt with the sleeves ripped off, a pair of jeans shorts cut too short, and a dumb red headband. He was born to run, he was born to dream - the craziest boy you've ever seen. He has to do it his way, or no way at all. TURN ME LOOSE! Bernie is on the lido afterdeck, but this is the Bishop's busiest day of the week, with services and lunches and dinners and state cabinet meetings and whatnot. Cons' Piracy is full, so he will be picking something else.

I'm not going to be the only one to suffer through it. Listen to this.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I will be revealing my most crushing sports moment with our next pick. There will be no wrestlers involved as there is nothing funny whatsoever about this moment. In fact, it was hard not to break down in tears of anguish and rage just thinking about it.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Well, it's a doggone shame, but never too late for change. Yah, mo be there. Up, and over.

james-ingram-michael-mcdonald.gif

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock and under about 14 feet of snow, which he likes, and so would I. I mean "I would like to be under that many feet of snow, or any amount of snow," and not "I like that Jojo is buried." If he can dig his way free he will pick a shitbag, a babe, a lawyer, or an actor to swap out and an actor to swap in. Sounds like a lot, eh? @Striiker is on deck, and it sounds like he has given this next pick a lot of thought, which is nice. That f***ing song played a second time right after the first and is still going on in my ears lolz. @CanadianFlyer88 is on the lido deck, and like Loverboy, he slept last night in a jeans shirt with the sleeves ripped off, a pair of jeans shorts cut too short, and a dumb red headband. He was born to run, he was born to dream - the craziest boy you've ever seen. He has to do it his way, or no way at all. TURN ME LOOSE! Bernie is on the lido afterdeck, but this is the Bishop's busiest day of the week, with services and lunches and dinners and state cabinet meetings and whatnot. Cons' Piracy is full, so he will be picking something else.

I'm not going to be the only one to suffer through it. Listen to this.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Team Hill to Die On - The Broad Street Bullies are overrated crap

- That era of hockey is not impressive, including any accomplishments or records set during it -
When everyone looks like an out-of-shape 50 year old man and the goalies look like stick figures, I don't give a damn how many goals or assists were scored or what awards were won. Everyone who played 40+ years ago deserves a massive asterisk in the record books.

- That era of hockey is not entertaining -
It's slow, clunky, bumbling, unskilled crap. It literally looks like present day alumni games, with minimally more speed and skill. The increased physicality isn't enough to make it watchable if you actually like hockey instead of WWE on ice.

- That era of hockey is only remembered fondly due to nostalgia and people being too young to know better -
I get loving things that you liked when you were a kid. I have fond memories of childhood games/shows/etc that I thought were amazing at the time, but if you go back to them years later you realize they're not what you remembered.

If we could magically swap out the current NHL for the 1970's NHL, nobody would watch it or give a shit. It was acceptable then because it was the best you had but now we should all know better. They don't deserve the praise and hero status they continue to have, as if they were amazing athletes by todays standards. Which makes it crazy that people still compare the current players/teams to them, as if they were superior in any way.

If time travel were possible and they were able to play each other, the current garbage, boring, miserable, unskilled Flyers team would stomp that Cup winning team into dust.

@CanadianFlyer88 fight me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad