NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@mja did a great job of explaining how terrible and shitty and pointless and awful and stupid Alanis Morissette is when he picked that Canadian dipshit for his Spite Supergroup. It is the best of the worst, and a great pick. I f***ing blew it, and that's mostly because I had already penciled her into this category with a brown colored pencil. You see, brown represents shit. I don't mind in the least, though, because I will get to torture her.

So anyway, she pinched off her turd of an album "Jagged Little Pill" in 1995, two years after Liz Phair dropped my team album, "Exile in Guyville." There were comparisons made between the two, because both are very frank in their lyrics - frank with their sexuality, frank with their aggression in taking control from shitty men (or their wish to do so), frank in admitting their intermittent failures to do so. Of course, one of them lacks a basic understanding of literary terms and looks like a horse and is frankly a f***ing idiot, while the other kicks total ass.

I'm not going to go on and on about this - I covered the album when I chose it, and the Zeps covered its antithesis when he literally plugged her in her slot. Anyone with functioning earballs could listen to the two and hear that one is great and one is shit. That's just science, and specifically human anatomy. It's one of those arguments which is so pointlessly stupid and unnecessary to debate, and it drove me mad. No one talks about it anymore, but when anyone brings either person up, the flames start to lick at the gasoline in my veins.

Here are a couple of tracks which are back-to-back on the album. Much of "Exile" is low-fi and garagey, but these two are (slightly) more crisp and clean sounding (kind of), and I love them.

Team Hill to Die On - Exile in Guyville > Jagged Little Pill

@DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Blake Shelton - this man writes songs about 2 things: 1) the hard luck blue collar "workin' farmhand" (/end country accent) and 2) being faithful to your girl.

He writes about the hard luck blue collar "workin' farmhand"(/end country accent) while never doing one second of manual labor in his privileged life and also cheated on his pregnant wife (Miranda Lambert) before ultimately leaving her.

Also stadium country is shit. Period

This post brought to you in part by Girl.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
@mja did a great job of explaining how terrible and shitty and pointless and awful and stupid Alanis Morissette is when he picked that Canadian dipshit for his Spite Supergroup. It is the best of the worst, and a great pick. I f***ing blew it, and that's mostly because I had already penciled her into this category with a brown colored pencil. You see, brown represents shit. I don't mind in the least, though, because I will get to torture her.

So anyway, she pinched off her turd of an album "Jagged Little Pill" in 1995, two years after Liz Phair dropped my team album, "Exile in Guyville." There were comparisons made between the two, because both are very frank in their lyrics - frank with their sexuality, frank with their aggression in taking control from shitty men (or their wish to do so), frank in admitting their intermittent failures to do so. Of course, one of them lacks a basic understanding of literary terms and looks like a horse and is frankly a f***ing idiot, while the other kicks total ass.

I'm not going to go on and on about this - I covered the album when I chose it, and the Zeps covered its antithesis when he literally plugged her in her slot. Anyone with functioning earballs could listen to the two and hear that one is great and one is shit. That's just science, and specifically human anatomy. It's one of those arguments which is so pointlessly stupid and unnecessary to debate, and it drove me mad. No one talks about it anymore, but when anyone brings either person up, the flames start to lick at the gasoline in my veins.

Here are a couple of tracks which are back-to-back on the album. Much of "Exile" is low-fi and garagey, but these two are (slightly) more crisp and clean sounding (kind of), and I love them.

@DancingPanther

Great pick. It was mind-boggling then, it's mind-boggling now, and it's all the evidence you'll ever need that we're doomed as a species unless the more discerning among us successfully start over again in a new dimension.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
OK, there's a couple different avenues I had been considering for my actor swap, most of them were to save people from making bad decisions. maybe i'll get a shot at that, it's not a category I was amped for, at least until I thought of something.

I love the movie "10 Things I Hate About You," but I don't so much like Julia Stiles in it. In fact, there's not much I do. I don't like to disparage actors or actresses in movies I like, but she's like kinda weird in some of these roles? Maybe it's her voice? But I loved Claire Danes in "Romeo + Juliet," and it seemed that her career tanked after "Brokedown Palace" until she surfaced in Homeland. I'm going to give her new life by making her Kat Stratford in "10 Things I Hate About You."

@Hurricane28

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Batman vs. Superman was one of the worst movies I've ever watched. However, I don't think the Snyderverse Superman was all that bad. I enjoyed Man of Steel. You can see where I'm going with this. Affleck as Batman. Brutal. Ruined the whole movie. Eisenberg as Lex Luthor might be even worse but thats a story for another day.

This guy was considered for the part, and frankly I think there was a chance it worked. Batman is a dark and mysterious character with a tragic past. (That's how I consider him at least, I grew up on the Bale movies which were fantastic). My guy already kind of played a similar part in a future Marvel movie. Not nearly as deep as Batman but Cable! His incentive in Deadpool 2 was to kill Firefist to protect his family in the future.

I really think Josh Brolin would've been a good Batman.

Actor Swap: Brolin for Affleck in Batman vs. Superman

@mja

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Blake Shelton - this man writes songs about 2 things: 1) the hard luck blue collar "workin' farmhand" (/end country accent) and 2) being faithful to your girl.

He writes about the hard luck blue collar "workin' farmhand"(/end country accent) while never doing one second of manual labor in his privileged life and also cheated on his pregnant wife (Miranda Lambert) before ultimately leaving her.

Also stadium country is shit. Period

This post brought to you in part by Girl.
Blake Shelton is shitpop with a twang. Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, that’s country

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Short but sweet: I hate re-casting a role with zero explanation and merrily rolling along. I understand why it shouldn't matter, but it still annoys me.

I'm fixing Marvel continuity by swapping Edward Norton out of The Incredible Hulk ...
BFlp.gif

and putting Mark Ruffalo in.

200.gif

I'm sure there are more inspired options out there and I know there are wrongs to right, but this takes an annoyance wrinkle out of my brain.

@BiggE , now would be a good time to get angry.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

@DancingPanther

If you're dying on this hill it's because the floodwaters have washed away everything else and your hill has turned into an abandoned island where you live in bliss knowing the idiots have drowned. It's old age that kills you.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
upload_2022-1-29_17-3-43.gif

Oh yeah Jacksonville, WHAT'S CAUSIN' ALL THIS???
You know, like I always say, and you can tell it to the Rolex brother,
upload_2022-1-29_17-4-23.gif

To be the man, WOOO!, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN!! And lemme tell what the ladies already know, oh yeah, Nature Boy Ric Flair is, THE MAN!
upload_2022-1-29_17-4-36.gif

A hill to die on brother? Oh baby, we got one for ya! So get this straight Jacksonville, the OFFICIAL hill to die on for the Jacksonville Methgators is: ON GILLIGAN’s ISLAND, MARYANNE WAS WAY HOTTER THAN GINGER!!
upload_2022-1-29_17-4-49.gif

upload_2022-1-29_17-5-7.gif

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
View attachment 503208

Oh yeah Jacksonville, WHAT'S CAUSIN' ALL THIS???
You know, like I always say, and you can tell it to the Rolex brother,
View attachment 503209
To be the man, WOOO!, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN!! And lemme tell what the ladies already know, oh yeah, Nature Boy Ric Flair is, THE MAN!
View attachment 503210
A hill to die on brother? Oh baby, we got one for ya! So get this straight Jacksonville, the OFFICIAL hill to die on for the Jacksonville Methgators is: ON GILLIGAN’s ISLAND, MARYANNE WAS WAY HOTTER THAN GINGER!!
View attachment 503211
View attachment 503212
This is a hill?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Let's keep the run on hills to die on going.

I'll never understand how people totally ruin a perfectly good sandwich with this awful garbage. It's so overpowering that it's literally all you can taste. The cherry on top is that it smells like a trenchfoot just took a horrific shit. Mmm, so yummy.

IMG_1600_large.JPG

Team Hill to Die On - Sharp provolone is bullshit

@Lord Defect Put the plow away and fire a pick off

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

I'll never understand how people totally ruin a perfectly good sandwich with this awful garbage. It's so overpowering that it's literally all you can taste. The cherry on top is that it smells like a trenchfoot just took a horrific shit. Mmm, so yummy.

IMG_1600_large.JPG

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

IMG_1600_large.JPG

@Lord Defect Put the plow away and fire a pick off

Have you heard of the "provel" cheese that we use in St. Louis? It has no taste or smell, which is why I always get confused when people talk about provolone (the two cheeses have nothing to do with each other aside from the similarity in names). Also, have you heard of "gooey butter cake"?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Have you heard of the "provel" cheese that we use in St. Louis? It has no taste or smell, which is why I always get confused when people talk about provolone (the two cheeses have nothing to do with each other aside from the similarity in names). Also, have you heard of "gooey butter cake"?
Never heard of provel before. I like mild provolone just fine, since it doesn't ruin everything it touches. Wonder if provel is similar.

Gooey butter cake I've had before, and it's delicious. I'll f*** with anything that has cream cheese in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad