NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Do you have this name trademarked? I may need to borrow it at some point in time.

I'm a big Star Wars fan. I won't pretend otherwise but at it's core I think that i'm a fan of the series because of the visuals at a young age. While growing up the lightsaber was one of the coolest things out there and the way that characters looked were what drew me in.

It's very similar to why I enjoyed sports so much. When I was a kid I was obsessed with team's logos. When I went to the bowling alley or wherever they would have those quarter machines that would spit out the stickers of team logos or even the little mugs (OMG while typing this up I decided to google them and there they are in all of their glory). I cared more for the logos and things like their jerseys then the actual sport at times.

That's probably pretty normal of a 8-10 year old but alas at it's core that's where they got me with both sports and Star Wars. I can't be blamed for that or have it held against me. That probably got wayyyyy deeper than it really needed to.

I may have to buy this set (I can literally hear the sound of them clanking against each other in my head):
s-l1600.jpg
The mini football helmets were my crack.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My intention all along has been to pick someone cool for @Young Sandwich's fictional owner - outside of this drafting process, we are super tight pals. I found the perfect person, but we'll have to see what he thinks.

I wanted to find a fisherman, right? But the only really high-profile fisherman who isn't too esoteric and isn't in a shitty book I hate or wasn't created by [REDACTED] F***ing [REDACT]ingway is [REDACTED] [REDACTED] from "A [REDACTED] [REDACTS] Through It," and f*** that, frankly.

I also wanted a pervert. There are countless perverts I could choose, and some that even dovetail with fishing, but again, they are just too esoteric. But there is one character who perfectly combines both. Sandwichkanto isn't grumpy, but remember, everyone is in their prime (if they want to be) when they get to the Quackverse, so that shouldn't be a problem. He is from Minnesota, which sucks, but at least he won't be f***ing around with hockey. This guy pervs on Ann Margaret and Sophia Loren, which is pretty f***ing good perving.

"I am the gangster of love, I am the Lothario of farts."

fhLthX.gif

grumpy-old-men-walter-matthau.gif

AgedAffectionateDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

Team Fictional Owner - Max Goldman

@ajgoal

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
My intention all along has been to pick someone cool for @Young Sandwich's fictional owner - outside of this drafting process, we are super tight pals. I found the perfect person, but we'll have to see what he thinks.

I wanted to find a fisherman, right? But the only really high-profile fisherman who isn't too esoteric and isn't in a shitty book I hate or wasn't created by [REDACTED] F***ing [REDACT]ingway is [REDACTED] [REDACTED] from "A [REDACTED] [REDACTS] Through It," and f*** that, frankly.

I also wanted a pervert. There are countless perverts I could choose, and some that even dovetail with fishing, but again, they are just too esoteric. But there is one character who perfectly combines both. Sandwichkanto isn't grumpy, but remember, everyone is in their prime (if they want to be) when they get to the Quackverse, so that shouldn't be a problem. He is from Minnesota, which sucks, but at least he won't be f***ing around with hockey. This guy pervs on Ann Margaret and Sophia Loren, which is pretty f***ing good perving.

"I am the gangster of love, I am the Lothario of farts."

fhLthX.gif

grumpy-old-men-walter-matthau.gif

AgedAffectionateDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

Team Fictional Owner - Max Goldman

@ajgoal

That's an all time pervert. Great pick. Great post.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
When I saw "Cake," I was like "No way." Then I Googled. Yikes.

anime-what.gif

We start the day with @Magua on the clock. He is a late riser, so you can have as many naps as you might reasonably need between now and the time he picks. He has room to chuck (pun intended) two more *** sponges into the cauldron, and I hope he will. My brother @Hollywood Couturier is on deck. He has four more literal slots to fill and literally zero names to fill them with, but that's fine. He'll think of some crazy loophole or research popular music enough to find something. @Chuck Downie is on the lido deck with a pair of picks and an arsenal of bladed and blunt weapons. I wouldn't go down there if I were you. After that psychotic craziness passes, we zip back up the order through HC and MacGruber to ajgoal on the lido afterdeck. DancingPanther can make up his make-up pick whenever he has time and feels like it.

You know that philosopher c*** Socrates Gezundheit? Normally I wouldn't post a picture of a shithead if I didn't have to, but this is a spite phase, so here is the werewolf-looking narcissistic c***.

1040x585-Acho-On-Set-2-607x337.jpg

Look at how deep in thought he is. He has fathoms that none of the rest of us can hope to plumb - we can only hope that he shares his wisdom and makes us all wiser. C***. Anyway, his idiot brother is on the tube this morning, and he is an IDIOT. I can't even, but I had to, just to vent.

Thanks to Biff, I watched this Korean movie called "War of the Arrows" (2011) last night. That shit was INTENSE. The first 20 or 30 minutes set the stage, and then the rest of the film was basically one unending chase, first one way and then back. It reminded me quite a lot of "Last of the Mohicans." It's about the Manchurians entering Korea to stomp out a group of natives who they considered traitors. I wouldn't call it a great film in terms of its craft, but it was technically competent and exciting as shit. The bad guys were very capable and menacing, and that always amps up the tension. You can watch it on Youtube - here is the link.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
When I saw "Cake," I was like "No way." Then I Googled. Yikes.

anime-what.gif

We start the day with @Magua on the clock. He is a late riser, so you can have as many naps as you might reasonably need between now and the time he picks. He has room to chuck (pun intended) two more *** sponges into the cauldron, and I hope he will. My brother @Hollywood Couturier is on deck. He has four more literal slots to fill and literally zero names to fill them with, but that's fine. He'll think of some crazy loophole or research popular music enough to find something. @Chuck Downie is on the lido deck with a pair of picks and an arsenal of bladed and blunt weapons. I wouldn't go down there if I were you. After that psychotic craziness passes, we zip back up the order through HC and MacGruber to ajgoal on the lido afterdeck. DancingPanther can make up his make-up pick whenever he has time and feels like it.

You know that philosopher c*** Socrates Gezundheit? Normally I wouldn't post a picture of a shithead if I didn't have to, but this is a spite phase, so here is the werewolf-looking narcissistic c***.

1040x585-Acho-On-Set-2-607x337.jpg

Look at how deep in thought he is. He has fathoms that none of the rest of us can hope to plumb - we can only hope that he shares his wisdom and makes us all wiser. C***. Anyway, his idiot brother is on the tube this morning, and he is an IDIOT. I can't even, but I had to, just to vent.

Thanks to Biff, I watched this Korean movie called "War of the Arrows" (2011) last night. That shit was INTENSE. The first 20 or 30 minutes set the stage, and then the rest of the film was basically one unending chase, first one way and then back. It reminded me quite a lot of "Last of the Mohicans." It's about the Manchurians entering Korea to stomp out a group of natives who they considered traitors. I wouldn't call it a great film in terms of its craft, but it was technically competent and exciting as shit. The bad guys were very capable and menacing, and that always amps up the tension. You can watch it on Youtube - here is the link.

You know me so well.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Honolulu Ghibli select as our Team Hill to Die On…….Dogs > Cats

pepe-nuke.gif

Our feline friends are awesome. They’re just a little less awesome than doggos. Don’t shoot the messenger. Or do. Just do it on a hill.

@Hollywood Couturier — you know what’s up

giphy.gif

No need to worry here, we will have shelter and defensive weapons in the fortress that I built on that hill decades ago. Excellent pick.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So we have to select one of these stupid musicians again... but such is life.

We absolutely don't want to welcome this POS to our franchise but luckily he won't be here for long... Marilyn Manson.

@Magua can we borrow Dolores Abernathy (Evan Rachel Wood) for when we send this guy on his way? After all...

7b77aa1e4dd45796ca7de27017bd6e7e8eede029_hq.gif

@Chuck Downie you're up.

He's a pile of shit. Great research. Great pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad