NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I've got your back, @mja

So you're telling me I should have made my hill to die on Star Wars fandom being a character flaw? It was considered.
I haven't seen an act of this level of betrayal since you invited me to the draft in Vegas but instead of just telling me you couldn't make it happen you created COVID so it could be used as an excuse.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I haven't seen an act of this level of betrayal since you invited me to the draft in Vegas but instead of just telling me you couldn't make it happen you created COVID so it could be used as an excuse.

That's a ridiculous premise. I created it in order to never have to feign polite interest in a discussion about the motives of Grand Moff Snuffleupagus again.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
How can you hate the Ewoks? They ate Stormtroopers and used their helmets as drums to further humiliate them. :sarcasm:

b6018dfa07dfe4a7c975d3cae0746a552c3adeda_hq-1.gif

Edit: and if you don't think they ate Stormtroopers, remember that preparing to eat humans was literally how the Ewok village was introduced to the audience. :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That's a ridiculous premise. I created it in order to never have to feign polite interest in a discussion about the motives of Grand Moff Snuffleupagus again.

Do you have this name trademarked? I may need to borrow it at some point in time.

I'm a big Star Wars fan. I won't pretend otherwise but at it's core I think that i'm a fan of the series because of the visuals at a young age. While growing up the lightsaber was one of the coolest things out there and the way that characters looked were what drew me in.

It's very similar to why I enjoyed sports so much. When I was a kid I was obsessed with team's logos. When I went to the bowling alley or wherever they would have those quarter machines that would spit out the stickers of team logos or even the little mugs (OMG while typing this up I decided to google them and there they are in all of their glory). I cared more for the logos and things like their jerseys then the actual sport at times.

That's probably pretty normal of a 8-10 year old but alas at it's core that's where they got me with both sports and Star Wars. I can't be blamed for that or have it held against me. That probably got wayyyyy deeper than it really needed to.

I may have to buy this set (I can literally hear the sound of them clanking against each other in my head):
s-l1600.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How can you hate the Ewoks? They ate Stormtroopers and used their helmets as drums to further humiliate them. :sarcasm:

View attachment 502488

Edit: and if you don't think they ate Stormtroopers, remember that preparing to eat humans was literally how the Ewok village was introduced to the audience. :laugh:

I would have had more respect for them if they had used their helmets to bonk Mason Rudolph on the head.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Do you have this name trademarked? I may need to borrow it at some point in time.

I'm a big Star Wars fan. I won't pretend otherwise but at it's core I think that i'm a fan of the series because of the visuals at a young age. While growing up the lightsaber was one of the coolest things out there and the way that characters looked were what drew me in.

It's very similar to why I enjoyed sports so much. When I was a kid I was obsessed with team's logos. When I went to the bowling alley or wherever they would have those quarter machines that would spit out the stickers of team logos or even the little mugs (OMG while typing this up I decided to google them and there they are in all of their glory). I cared more for the logos and things like their jerseys then the actual sport at times.

That's probably pretty normal of a 8-10 year old but alas at it's core that's where they got me with both sports and Star Wars. I can't be blamed for that or have it held against me. That probably got wayyyyy deeper than it really needed to.

I may have to buy this set (I can literally hear the sound of them clanking against each other in my head):
s-l1600.jpg

If I had that Flyers one I would pee in it and hurl it into the weeds like a piss jug. Way she goes, boys.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Fictional Owner for rival (Philadelphia Villains): Dolores Umbridge.

From the Harry Potter books/movies, she basically turned Hogwarts into a prison when she was appointed Headmistress. She seems insufferable to be around and a total Karen. Our rivals can enjoy her.

latest

@GKJ

I hate her guts so much. I'm a Harry Potter books guy, but for once the films got something right with her. Horrible woman.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

s-l1600.jpg

To be clear, I actually don't have a problem with Star Wars. I just think the first trilogy was aggressively fine. My problem is with Star Wars fans who won't shut up about it. I'm sure you can imagine how magnified this problem is for me in particular working in infosec. :laugh:

The mugs rule. I'm pretty sure Cap gave you the go ahead to buy them, so who am I to argue?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
To be clear, I actually don't have a problem with Star Wars. I just think the first trilogy was aggressively fine. My problem is with Star Wars fans who won't shut up about it. I'm sure you can imagine how magnified this problem is for me in particular working in infosec. :laugh:

The mugs rule. I'm pretty sure Cap gave you the go ahead to buy them, so who am I to argue?

He was asked to literally, quote, "Help a brother out," and his response was, quote, "I'm going to stand on the sidelines."

oRyuLxy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don’t have all of the information yet my brother. I need to see where this all goes.

I don't have any information either. All you had to do was say "I agree, it hasn't gone anywhere yet." If I were there, we would be spending seven consecutive months on the town refining your wingman technique. Having said that, I knew better than to get in the middle of that particular stupidity, but this End of Days shit with the Flyers has me all twisted up.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't have any information either. All you had to do was say "I agree, it hasn't gone anywhere yet." If I were there, we would be spending seven consecutive months on the town refining your wingman technique. Having said that, I knew better than to get in the middle of that particular stupidity, but this End of Days shit with the Flyers has me all twisted up.
Oh. Well then I’ll agree. BRB.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad