NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am a man of my word and will still do a solid for @Captain Dave Poulin and free him up a spite slot by taking this next wastrel into our a capella torture crew.

Circling back to my hatred of mainstream music in the late 90s, we're talking a crown jewel with this choice. Once record labels had finished co-opting or destroying any decent group outside of their notice prior to the dawn of the decade, they decided they needed to manufacture the sound. Shockingly, the authenticity and originality that made so many prior groups truly excellent was wholly absent in these walking, talked faux-alternative crap machines.

To take this musical dickery even further, our pick also went and recorded vocals on one of the most overplayed songs of 1999, closing the century on one long, sordid brown note.

Rob Thomas, lead singer of Matchbox Twenty or Matchbox 20 or MB20 or whatever idiotic moniker you go by, saddle up f*cknut. But before we damn you to hell, describe your brain for us.

vZ8OX8.gif

Exactly.

Sadly, this brings me to the end of Spite picking, which is a shame because much like Steve Rogers before taking steroids...

200.gif

@BiggE , it's (almost) 3 PM you must be pickin'.

Oh, you bastard. I had the best plan for him. I'll have to apply it to someone else. Great pick.

That song you are talking about, is it that abortion with Carlos f***ing Santana? Holy f***, is that ever some ear poison.

He's a c***.

EDIT: Also, it's "Robb" Thomas, and has been ever since I decided it should be.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Oh, you bastard. I had the best plan for him. I'll have to apply it to someone else. Great pick.

That song you are talking about, is it that abortion with Carlos f***ing Santana? Holy f***, is that ever some ear poison.

He's a c***.

EDIT: Also, it's "Robb" Thomas, and has been ever since I decided it should be.
Aw drat, I was trying to help. I am happy to sub in one of my many many options if you want him.

And yes, it's Smooth by Carlos Santana featuring Robbbbb Thomas.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Aw drat, I was trying to help. I am happy to sub in one of my many many options if you want him.

And yes, it's Smooth by Carlos Santana featuring Robbbbb Thomas.

That f***ing thing is so horrific that I contemplated shoving sharpened pencils into my eardrums and never hearing sound again just so that I would be sure to never be subjected to that abomination ever again. I'd like to measure my blood pressure just before and just after that song starts playing so I could put an exact number on how much I hate it. Holy f***, do both of them suck ass. Not just regular ass either, but dirty monkey ass.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Since Cap went ahead and stole one of the Two Princes for his Spite Band, we had to pivot a bit to add our final member of Compulsory Castration. Fortunately for us, we didn't have to look too far from the trashcan that is the Spin Doctors to find our guy. This shitstain was part of the original band (The Trucking Company) that eventually became the Spin Doctors after his departure. His other crime against humanity of a project was none other than:

"The two groups would often share the stage, playing non-stop concerts of multiple sets." I'd rather repeatedly stab my ear holes with hot soldering irons than listen to that hellbeast of a combination.

I'm embarrassed to share a state with this spreader of ear poison. Welcome to the memberless club, you f***ing king of the neckbeards hack. Nice hat.

18-john-popper-blues-traveler-concert-photos.jpg

(Soon to be Mutilated) Member (literally) - John Popper

@Lord Defect "Suck it in suck it in suck it in If you're Rin Tin Tin or Anne Boleyn"

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Since Cap went ahead and stole one of the Two Princes for his Spite Band, we had to pivot a bit to add our final member of Compulsory Castration. Fortunately for us, we didn't have to look too far from the trashcan that is the Spin Doctors to find our guy. This shitstain was part of the original band (The Trucking Company) that eventually became the Spin Doctors after his departure. His other crime against humanity of a project was none other than:

"The two groups would often share the stage, playing non-stop concerts of multiple sets." I'd rather repeatedly stab my ear holes with hot soldering irons than listen to that hellbeast of a combination.

I'm embarrassed to share a state with this spreader of ear poison. Welcome to the memberless club, you f***ing king of the neckbeards hack. Nice hat.

@Lord Defect "Suck it in suck it in suck it in If you're Rin Tin Tin or Anne Boleyn"

This was my next pick :laugh:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
@pit with the latest pick by @Young Sandwich, I propose that we assign Robb Thomas to sweep all the granola up off the floor of the (literal) penal cabin. We can still puke all over the place in there when we hear the various shitbags practicing and he'll just have to deal with it, as well as all the blood.

I propose we put Robbb in a cell under Popper and Spin doctor with a grated floor. All of the falling granola (and any other detritus) will fall into a catch-basin that will filter into one tube that goes directly into Robbbbb's mouth.

The other end of Robbbbb will have a tube coming out of it that is attached directly to Fred Durst's mouth below.

Human cell-tipede.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I propose we put Robbb in a cell under Popper and Spin doctor with a grated floor. All of the falling granola (and any other detritus) will fall into a catch-basin that will filter into one tube that goes directly into Robbbbb's mouth.

The other end of Robbbbb will have a tube coming out of it that is attached directly to Fred Durst's mouth below.

Human cell-tipede.

giphy.gif

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

Human cell-tipede.
very_good_very_agressive_east_bound_down.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Wait, why is he wearing a sword? Is he at a renaissance fair?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Bern, it's kind of like someone who chose "Oxygen" complaining that we are all breathing, or someone who chose "The Internet" complaining that we logged on here to make our picks - when you go supreme galaxy brain, you get what you get.
We’re on earth still. You’re breathing earth air. In the quack verse you’ll be paying for your oxygen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad