NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Meanwhile, here in Florida
upload_2022-1-24_11-59-59.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Catching up: Spite Band Member: Logan Paul. Saw his brother was taken and it gave me the idea to take him. Dude's career should've been over after the suicide forest incident but its not. f***ing awful human being. Glad he got scammed over the Pokemon cards. f*** him

You are killing this spite supergroup category. Great pick.

Reactions: Hurricane28

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The Seattle Sockeyes don't like to dwell on crushing sports moments. Most of the time, there's another opportunity to regain glory... except in cases like this...

In the early 90s, long before streaming and cable packages that allowed you to watch any sport you desired, F1 was surprisingly accessible.

Teenaged CF88 was obsessed and one driver had the perfect combination of skill and thrill that, frankly, has never been repeated. He was a three time world champion heading into the 1994 season, but shocked the racing world with a move to long time rival, Williams.

The season started poorly. This driver was on the pole for the first two races, but didn't finish either. He didn't like his car, prophetically saying "It's going to be a season with lots of accidents, and I'll risk saying that we'll be lucky if something really serious doesn't happen."

Saturday's qualifying for the third race of the season put a black cloud over the sport, with young Austrian driver, Roland Ratzenberger, crashing at a speed over 300kph and dying instantly.

Sunday morning, in the aftermath of Saturday's tragedy, two famous drivers met to discuss the formation of a driver's union to enhance safety measures and prevent things like this from occurring. In the afternoon, one of those drivers would be dead, himself.

Starting from pole, again, he led through the first 6 laps of the race and then the unthinkable happened. He lost control, went off the racing line, and struck a barrier at over 233kph. It is estimated that in just a few minutes after the accident, he had lost over 90% of his blood. He was airlifted to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Heartbreakingly, an Austrian flag was found in his cockpit, which he was to wave on the victory lap post-race in honour of Ratzenberger.

All of this left me stunned, watching it live on television. The Sockeyes are saddened to immortalize as our crushing sports moment, the death of Ayrton Senna. To that point in my life, I had not had any close relatives or friends die. This was, indeed, crushing.

Ayrton-Senna-PA.jpg

@BernieParent, over to you.

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Fictional Rival Owner - Tinkerbell

If I'm Peter Pan, then this seems like the perfect match for my sidekick @mja ! A cranky little fairy who needs to be spanked once in a while

HkwyAnB.gif

@CanadianFlyer88 go ahead

Oh, joy, it seems we have a little perv on our hands. They grow up so fast these days. Too much exposure to the Sexpos, perhaps? @Starat327, I think it might be time to block certain websites, starting with this one. @BiggE, you might want to check to see if your classic 70's erotica stash has been meddled with.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Catching up: Spite Band Member: Logan Paul. Saw his brother was taken and it gave me the idea to take him. Dude's career should've been over after the suicide forest incident but its not. f***ing awful human being. Glad he got scammed over the Pokemon cards. f*** him
Yes dude, YES. Now we can perform simultaneous synchronized beatings on the two of them.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks are very aware that our next selection is largely based on our age and what we regard as good and bad music, or what is music at all. With that semi-apologetic preface stated, we have considered bad drummers to provide the percussive element to Cons' Piracy but that seemed insufficient for the necessary amount of spite. Our consideration of awful beat keeping ultimately is not played on drums ... or on anything. It is sounds made by the mouth. We choose, as our percussion "expert", Darren ‘Buffy’ Robinson as one of the original perpetrators of beatboxing.

"As talented as some may find him or beatboxing -- and, admittedly, we do think individuals like Bobby McFerrin are talented -- we are fixed on the notion that Mr. Robinson and others began the notion that spitting and making sounds into a microphone that were grounds for high school detention is somehow musical. We will not be listening to your counterpoints on this matter since we can't hear you over

BEOWWWWwwww WOKKA WOKKA WOOOOOO-DADADADADADADADAD BRRRPPPP TICKA TICK TICK

"@Rebels57 is now on the clock."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad