NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I'm still working from yesterday morning, so please excuse the brevity.

Hill to Die On: It's pronounced "jif."

The man who invented the format says it's pronounced that way, so that's what it is.
I regret to inform you that the inventor man is wrong.

Guy should have done some advertising or something because 9 out of 10 people say his shit the wrong way. That's a bit of a kick in the face for that fella. :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

HE NAMED IT "GRAPHICS INTERCHANGE FORMAT"

THAT'S ALL HE GETS TO DECIDE

HE DOESN'T GET TO CHOOSE HOW ACRONYMS WORK

"TODAY WE'RE ANNOUNCING THE CREATION OF THE 'AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE', WHICH WILL BE SHORTENED TO 'ATM', BUT PRONOUNCED 'SPONGEBOB'"

I DONT THINK SO

I WANT JOJO THROWN OUT OF THE QUACKVERSE IMMEDIATELY

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I recognize that the word is "jif," and I can only wish that I were strong enough to not pronounce it "gif."

cat-kitten.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock. He has a horrible triumvirate of crap for us to set on fire and stomp, but who will be the fourth, and when will we see it through the Fog? Only the Shadow knows. The Shadow in this case is Rebel. I guess that's obvious. I'm quite tired. @Asnito is on deck. We haven't heard from him in a while, so hopefully he is doing OK. After he goes twice and Rebs hits his bank shot, @BernieParent gets his next shot from the lido deck. Bernardo has already filled his cauldron with six whole shitbags and seven tons of spite, so he will have to go into the non-musical categories to spread his ire around. It is VERY exciting. CanadianFlyer88 is on the lido afterdeck, and that scares me for a lot of reasons.

One of the chickens is blind now. I think. It's hard to see their eyes sometimes, especially when they are chicken hawks or whatever you call them, because their head feathers are kind of like a headress that Chief Sitting Bull might have worn on formal occasions like meeting with the treacherous United States government. Death to America? Sure, but not because of that. I mean, if you think about it, handing Native Americans dirty, nasty blankets is only almost as bad as signing Nate Thompson in the Year of Our Lord 2020, and then AGAIN in the Year of Our Lord 2021. If that's even what happened. I'm starting to wonder if the #DarkestTimeline is just f***ing with my mind - is it really believable that all these things could really happen to one organization? Really? I'm not so sure.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

"TODAY WE'RE ANNOUNCING THE CREATION OF THE 'AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE', WHICH WILL BE SHORTENED TO 'ATM', BUT PRONOUNCED 'SPONGEBOB'"

I DONT THINK SO

I’m with you most of the way, but it’s a MAC machine.
3E7A16E7-8C7A-4B86-920D-3644030FE47F.jpeg

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

I DONT THINK SO

Even the word 'graphics" starts with the "guh" sound. It's not Jraphics Interchange Format, nor even Giraffics Interchange Format. This guy is out to lunch.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

I DONT THINK SO

PCNTe76.gif

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

When you're creating a file format like that, you actually do create the file extension. In this case, that would be .gif. You're quoting the man with extra steps. You can change it if you want, but you can't tell him he's wrong.

What he’s not well versed in (although he surprises us sometimes) is pop culture and the gif is no longer a computer thing but a pop culture thing.

Pop culture decides things now? Just tell me where to send your Lebron jersey.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
When you're creating a file format like that, you actually do create the file extension. In this case, that would be .gif. You're quoting the man with extra steps. You can change it if you want, but you can't tell him he's wrong.

Pop culture decides things now? Just tell me where to send your Lebron jersey.

We're on a train now that can't be stopped. Pop culture can get words added to the dictionary, they sure as shit can changed the pronunciation of a word despite the inventors wishes.

38D.gif

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He can pick whatever letters he wants, but he can't choose how the English language properly pronounces them.

If he instead made it a .poo file, we'd pronounce it it "poo" because that's what it spells. Even if he claimed it was still pronounced "jif".

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
He can pick whatever letters he wants, but he can't choose how the English language properly pronounces them.

Are you sure you want to hang your hat on the "rules" of the English language? G is usually pronounced like a J when it's followed by an E, I, or Y. Look at that beautiful I standing there taunting you.

Please don't send that to him. I get all his hand-me-downs, even though I am more than twice as old as he is, and I don't want it.

What you're missing here is that I was going to use Lizzo or Kanye and decided to be nice.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Are you sure you want to hang your hat on the "rules" of the English language? G is usually pronounced like a J when it's followed by an E, I, or Y. Look at that beautiful I standing there taunting you.
Sometimes, but not always.

If I bought my grandmother a birthday present and she said "Thank you for that thoughtful jift" she'd be catching these hands before she could drop her cane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad