NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Wait. Do you mean like for pasta? Not part of a soup or something? Someone die on the hill of this guy being an ass.
Babish or @Striiker?

I also need clarification. Was he using the carrots as part of the sauce, like V8? Or did he just chop some up and put them in the sauce so they're recognizable? Because I do that with veggies and pasta all the time.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What was this? I've seen him make italian red sauce all the time with no carrots

Wait. Do you mean like for pasta? Not part of a soup or something? Someone die on the hill of this guy being an ass.

IGNORE MY LITTLE PEANUT BRAIN PLEASE

I misremembered. Babish put carrots in meatloaf (which I also have a problem with, but not of the same magnitude).

It was Alvin Zhou (who makes amazing videos, by the way) who betrayed me with carrots and celery in a meat sauce, for use in lasagna.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
My Swedish gf used to put carrot (shavings) in with the meat and onions and sauce when making spaghetti. It wasn't necessary, but it wasn't bad, either.

I don't actually care what other people do. Most of this stuff are minor differences that don't make much of an impact on the final taste.

Swedes like their banana pizza too. More power to them. Just please don't make me eat it. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't actually care what other people do. Most of this stuff are minor differences that don't make much of an impact on the final taste.

Swedes like their banana pizza too. More power to them. Just please don't make me eat it. :laugh:

Preach.

cTyCJ1z.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
IGNORE MY LITTLE PEANUT BRAIN PLEASE

I misremembered. Babish put carrots in meatloaf (which I also have a problem with, but not of the same magnitude).

It was Alvin Zhou (who makes amazing videos, by the way) who betrayed me with carrots and celery in a meat sauce, for use in lasagna.

That's how you make a proper bolognese. That's the recipe. You start with finely diced carrots, celery, and onion, add meat to brown, then braise in milk, then WHITE wine, nutmeg, and then your tomatoes, etc. and then simmer the whole thing for 3-4 hours.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
That's how you make a proper bolognese. That's the recipe. You start with finely diced carrots, celery, and onion, add meat to brown, then braise in milk, then WHITE wine, nutmeg, and then your tomatoes, etc. and then simmer the whole thing for 3-4 hours.

Ok, I guess we're doing this.

There's no such thing as a proper bolognese. No one is even sure if it came from Italy. Some recipes braise in milk, some do not. Basically the only agreed upon step is the soffritto.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I mean, maybe if I had kids, I would have enjoyed it...ah hell, no I wouldn't of. It sucked that much
Thatcher Venmo likes it (as much as a 16 month old can like a movie). The first time I watched it it was meh. Then I watched it again and again and picked up on things.

Like that opening song? I didn't understand a single word the first time. Now I know every word and it all makes sense. Also picked up on the themes and all that.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As a resident Italiano, I must let it be known that carrots are acceptable to add to a tomato sauce. I don't personally, but some Italians in the old country do, and that makes it more than ok. They have to be finely chopped or shaved. They just add a bit of body and subtle sweetness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad