NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I plan on somehow fitting phone towers into my slow dance pick

200w.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Golf is stupid. This is known. A lot of things are stupid. For example, this was once the brain trust of our favorite hockey team.

3W1kaYl.gif

We start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @BernieParent on the lido deck, and my brother on the lido afterdeck with a pair (phrasing) to send us zipping back up the order. This will be a good chance for us to practice drafting, with the important NHL Draft looming ahead of us. Like the Flyers hiring policy, it it the same, only different, only the same since it starts on a f***ing Wednesday. WEDNESDAY.

So last night I watched that recent "Dungeons & Dragons" movie. I heard such good things about it, and I was happy with how it turned out. It had exactly the right tone - if it had taken itself an ounce more seriously, it would have fallen apart. It's far from perfect in the details, but that's fine - it's a popcorn movie, innit. I was thinking it would surely get a sequel, but then I read that it "only" made something like $235 million on a $150 million budget. According to the article, it would have had to have made between $400-500 million to break even when you take into account the profit split with theaters and the marketing costs. That, friends, is f***ed. The good news is that this very system will put the kibosh on further "Black Adam" embarrassment. Capitalism taketh and capitalism giveth.
Mrs. Parent and I watched the same movie, Cap'n, and we had the same response you did: enjoyable all around as a popcorn type of movie.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Now while Striiker’s pick got the green light for his pick I’m sure mine will probably be shot down but I’ll shoot my shot anyway.

The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select as their Team Apple Variety…

Macintosh

View attachment 719029

Yay, iMac’s, MacBooks, and others!

Second pick will be made shortly.

tumblr_n8pqdaFJXK1tq4of6o1_500.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Now while Striiker’s pick got the green light for his pick I’m sure mine will probably be shot down but I’ll shoot my shot anyway.

The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select as their Team Apple Variety…

Macintosh

View attachment 719029

Yay, iMac’s, MacBooks, and others!

Second pick will be made shortly.
giphy.gif

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The hell is a pave?
It refers to the rectangular shape.

It’s made by taking super thin cut potato, dunking the slices in cream, layering them, baking then chilling it overnight so it sets and sticks together, then cutting them into that shape, and finally browning them in a pan.

Similar to scalloped potatoes, but much more work.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad