NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Apples are important.

Apples can be munched on:

cute-baby-pig-eating-apple.gif

Apples can be thrown at evildoers:

7858e34fee9e8345fc8cc245cdb6c3f6b7af1830.gif

Apples can be used for witty ripostes:

IMG3214.GIF

Needless to say, an apple is a very worthy 1st round selection.

The Honolulu Ghibli pluck from the tree our Team Apple Variety: Honeycrisp

raw-red-organic-honeycrisp-apples.jpg

Alas, for many moons, I have been waiting for this moment. Fibrous @Beef Invictus ! Penitent Beef! Far-flung Beef! Firmamental Beef!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you, Magua! Intense Magua! Vengeful Magua! Hateful Magua!

Let's just get this shit out of the way. Apples are hideous. Like eating a ball of wet hatred. Apple juice is good though. Apple sauce? Apples? Trash. Garbage. Like an anomalous damp object you find in a Delhi gutter and put in your mouth. So I'm gonna pick my apple.

I pick Justinian's Globe

main-qimg-12fe340556f88c9f82fc330d4d78a786-lq

In front of the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople was an equestrian statue of Justinian holding a globe. Common imperial symbolism indicating the emperor held the world in his hand. Global Domination, that kind of thing. Well, for the Ottoman's, they thought it was an apple. And they thought the apple was full of treasure. Taking "The Apple" became synonomous with taking Constantinople, their societal dream, and later of Westward expansion. The next "Apple" they sought to take was Rome, but that didn't happen. But the original "Apple" was a gold ball held by a statue. That's what I pick. f*** apples.

Who is next? Ah yes, it is @Lord Defect again.

Glazed Defect! Defunct Defect! Debilitating Defect!

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I propose featuring a Quacker in every future draft. By feature I mean a category dedicated to them.

HC team Disney ride
Beef team vinegar
Cap team cute wild animal
Bern team Dad joke
MJA team disaster
Young team fresh water sport fish
Etc...

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You see that suggestion by Asnito right there? That's not a bad idea, is it?

hmmm-thinking.gif

We start the day with known idiot @Lord Defect both on the clock and nowhere in sight, which is something. @Rebels57 is on deck much earlier than usual, @mja is on the lido deck, and the aforementioned Asnito is on the lido afterdeck.

There used to be this cartoon, and still is, with this wolf in a zoot suit. He sees a hot girl and his eyes turn into hearts and bug out. He howls, quote:

"HOW OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IS SHE?!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!"

You couldn't get away with that these days. That makes me sad, which is probably wrong. We need our cartoons, innit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad