NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Team Extinct Animal - T-Rex

giphy.gif

@JojoTheWhale hi

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Great, now Cap and I are going to have to think about where we stand on all of this.

I'm pretty sure at this moment we're of the stance that it's fair game with a defunct franchise but i'm also the guy that waited weeks to make a final pick.

snip-snap-the-office.gif
Good, it's not just me that doesn't remember how that whole issue was hashed out.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Great, now Cap and I are going to have to think about where we stand on all of this.

I'm pretty sure at this moment we're of the stance that it's fair game with a defunct franchise but i'm also the guy that waited weeks to make a final pick.

snip-snap-the-office.gif

According to the spreadsheet, the Surge took T-Rex.
I'm pretty sure that pick was actually the character from Orgazmo.

Ok, maybe not. It wasn't the Sexpos.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

snip-snap-the-office.gif

Yep, I'm OK with it. I don't remember what we said either, but I think it would allow this. And if not, f*** it. This isn't Math class.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
@Captain Dave Poulin This Slow Dance category is diabolical. There are so many axes on which you have to weigh your options that aren't readily apparent. Like, oh I don't know, song length. I thought I could do it first, but I can't. So let's take the one thing I have to have that might get taken by someone else.

We don't need dangerous Animals in the New World, Extinct or otherwise. What we need are lovable goofs the size of heavy machinery. Enter Megatherium americanum, also known as the Giant Ground Sloth:

the-largest-extant-sloth-linnaeuss-two-toothed-sloth-v0-auv3j4xchot91.jpg

Despite the huge claws, these vegetarians were the largest bipedal mammals to ever walk Earth. They topped out somewhere around 7' tall at the shoulders and north of 4 tons. We do have evidence that they were hunted to extinction at least in part by humans, so we here at the M.A.D. Cats look forward to righting that wrong and creating a new, symbiotic relationship with these beefy lads.

@Magua Maybe in a few thousand years, your ancestors will take to the trees for protection too.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
@Captain Dave Poulin This Slow Dance category is diabolical. There are so many axes on which you have to weigh your options that aren't readily apparent. Like, oh I don't know, song length. I thought I could do it first, but I can't. So let's take the one thing I have to have that might get taken by someone else.

We don't need dangerous Animals in the New World, Extinct or otherwise. What we need are lovable goofs the size of heavy machinery. Enter Megatherium americanum, also known as the Giant Ground Sloth:

Despite the huge claws, these vegetarians were the largest bipedal mammals to ever walk Earth. They topped out somewhere around 7' tall at the shoulders and north of 4 tons. We do have evidence that they were hunted to extinction at least in part by humans, so we here at the M.A.D. Cats look forward to righting that wrong and creating a new, symbiotic relationship with these beefy lads.

@Magua Maybe in a few thousand years, your ancestors will take to the trees for protection too.
Looks like T-Rex food.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

f***ing damn it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

OOH! that is a sneaky great pick.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
There are a lot of awesome trees out there, @Captain Dave Poulin is 100% right about that. This is quite possibly my favorite native species. The nuts are delicious, the wood is an excellent woodworking material, and they kill anything else that tries to grow too close.

0000773_black-walnut_510.jpg

black-walnut-juglas-nigra-wisconsin-native-tree-ftimg-800x480.jpg

Team Tree: Black Walnut (Juglans nigra)

@BigToe
They also stain the f*** out of anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad