NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Locked himself in a closet and forgot how to make noise. It happens to one of our retrievers all the time.

(I do hope all is well.)

Quintus Fabius Maximus has done that. I've accidentally locked him in the basement, and he just stands there at the door sadly for about an hour before he makes a gentle sound of despair.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's making me nervous that Quantum Epicus Moronicus is nowhere to be seen. I feel a void, akin to the vacuum in his skull ...

tumblr_m6ltdhTrH31rv6skio1_r1_500.gif

Since it's just the first round, I feel like we should just hold fire and not proceed just yet. Let's give @Lord Defect the rest of the day to mosey on back.

I am calling the puppy Moose. I forgot that Frasier's dad's dog was called that until literally just now, but that's fine. He is very probably going to be kind of huge - not Jojo's dogs huge, but regular huge - so he should grow into it. And if he doesn't, it is even better as irony. I did a lot of research, but that initial thought was never bettered. My family is stupid as f*** when it comes to naming animals, so I may be the only one calling him Moose, but I will try to bully them and passively aggress them until they eventually submit, hopefully.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
It's making me nervous that Quantum Epicus Moronicus is nowhere to be seen. I feel a void, akin to the vacuum in his skull ...

tumblr_m6ltdhTrH31rv6skio1_r1_500.gif

Since it's just the first round, I feel like we should just hold fire and not proceed just yet. Let's give @Lord Defect the rest of the day to mosey on back.

I am calling the puppy Moose. I forgot that Frasier's dad's dog was called that until literally just now, but that's fine. He is very probably going to be kind of huge - not Jojo's dogs huge, but regular huge - so he should grow into it. And if he doesn't, it is even better as irony. I did a lot of research, but that initial thought was never bettered. My family is stupid as f*** when it comes to naming animals, so I may be the only one calling him Moose, but I will try to bully them and passively aggress them until they eventually submit, hopefully.
The dog on Frazier was Eddie

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The dog on Frazier was Eddie

His name in real life was Moose. His character's name was Eddie.

For the team slow dance song, we can’t take a song from a band or artist (in team band) taken, but if the artist was in a band not taken, is a song by that band fair game?

Why wouldn't he be? If he wasn't taken, he wasn't taken. I don't understand the question.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
These categories are deranged. I love them, Cap.

There is a selection that could be made whose mere existence as a concept in the New World would make me ball my fists up in rage. So now we wait to see if @Lord Defect knows what it is.
You’re going to have to nudge me in the general direction because I have no idea what’s going on. I’ve read the categories and promptly forgot them.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I'm excited about this one. As I am about many of the categories. But this one I have to have.

elliott-smith-tie.jpg

NJFZ Team ASMR Artist: Elliott Smith

In many ways, he was a natural reaction to the grungy excesses of the mid-90's. I mean, he could rock out too, and on his later albums he took advantage of recording studio wizardry to create a rich sound, but what he could do with just a whisper while strumming an acoustic was both uncommonly heartbreaking and so deeply pleasurable that you could feel it in your spinal chord. He was just an insanely talented songwriter, and all of the hushed singing, the clacking of his pick hitting the strings, the audible sweeping of his hands along the fretboard, and the other rough edges in the production in his earlier records just somehow added even more emotion to his recordings.

@Asnito

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Great choice there, Defect Jr. That was the song I spent the night dancing with my childhood sweetheart to during the 8th grade graduation dance.

There's only one first choice for me in these categories. Check out this adorable bastard. There is no f***ing chance we will allow them to become endangered in the Quackverse, which has to be better than this shithole.

Mustela_nigripes_2.jpg

Team Endangered/Extinct Animal - Black-Footed Ferret

@Chuck Downie

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Golf is stupid. This is known. A lot of things are stupid. For example, this was once the brain trust of our favorite hockey team.

3W1kaYl.gif

We start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @BernieParent on the lido deck, and my brother on the lido afterdeck with a pair (phrasing) to send us zipping back up the order. This will be a good chance for us to practice drafting, with the important NHL Draft looming ahead of us. Like the Flyers hiring policy, it it the same, only different, only the same since it starts on a f***ing Wednesday. WEDNESDAY.

So last night I watched that recent "Dungeons & Dragons" movie. I heard such good things about it, and I was happy with how it turned out. It had exactly the right tone - if it had taken itself an ounce more seriously, it would have fallen apart. It's far from perfect in the details, but that's fine - it's a popcorn movie, innit. I was thinking it would surely get a sequel, but then I read that it "only" made something like $235 million on a $150 million budget. According to the article, it would have had to have made between $400-500 million to break even when you take into account the profit split with theaters and the marketing costs. That, friends, is f***ed. The good news is that this very system will put the kibosh on further "Black Adam" embarrassment. Capitalism taketh and capitalism giveth.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The proud owners of the Halifax Galleons are immensely pleased to make our inaugural selection, especially one that invokes wonderful childhood memories. We and our friends were heavily into action figures, which in the 1970s were of the ideal size and not those mini figurines that got lost in a strong wind. We delighted in our arsenals of weapons and endless gear for our imaginary adventures.

"While our first love in action figures has already been taken under the umbrella of the associated television series -- staring daggers at you, Stay Pufts -- we will content ourselves with a fine runner-up: Johnny West.

4996cc81a1c345f59e69cb89556154db--marx-toys-s-toys.jpg

"What's not to like about a cowboy and his trusty steed ... even if the latter quickly came to having only 3 legs and needed to be ridden very close to furniture? We had the outlaw, we had a cavalry member, we had Indians, which was particularly cool because some of our good friends in elementary school were Indigenous. Do we have all of these action figures and their accessories to sell for a boatload of money now? Of course not; we played with them. Hard. And we enjoyed every minute of it.

"Time now to saddle up Thunderbolt -- right next to the couch -- and ride in with your pair of picks, @Hollywood Cannon!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad