NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What the hell is the OP? What the hell is inspired? What in the hell is read? Who in the hell's pick is it?

giphy.gif

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
We already laid claim to the Gorge as our outdoor venue, so we'll go back into an actual stadium for our stadium series location.

@Striiker missed an opportunity here, as this stadium is affectionately known as "The G". With a current capacity of just over 100K, and with perfect sight lines from all seats, the Seattle Sockeyes are proud to select the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Melbourne-Cricket-Ground-MCG-details-records-1200x900.jpg

melbourne-cricket-ground-26.png

@Beef Invictus! Unfettered Onion! Unadorned Onion! Unencumbered Onion!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We already laid claim to the Gorge as our outdoor venue, so we'll go back into an actual stadium for our stadium series location.

@Striiker missed an opportunity here, as this stadium is affectionately known as "The G". With a current capacity of just over 100K, with perfect sight lines from all seats, the Seattle Sockeyes are proud to select the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

View attachment 593969

View attachment 593970

@Beef Invictus! Unfettered Onion! Unadorned Onion! Unencumbered Onion!
How the heckin’ frick would I have ever heard of a cricket stadium?!?!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you CF88! Knotty CF88! Third CF88! Economic CF88!

I have a feeling I could wait to make my Stadium Series pick until later. I don't think anyone is going to take my idea. But It's also the only pick I have figured out right now, so here goes.

I choose you,

The National Mall

National_Mall%2C_Washington%2C_D.C._%2820100325-DSC01310%29.jpg

Why go far from home?

See that big body of water? That's the reflecting pool. We are going to freeze the whole thing. We are going to play directly on that. It's full of so much goose and duck poop that it doesn't freeze easily, so we are going to have to do something weird to make that happen. The Lincoln Memorial is going to be converted into luxury box seats and a club area. That's also where MEAT will establish itself and its dominance. On top of MEAT, there's also a huge line of food trucks on Constitution and Independence Avenues, and the intersecting streets. There will be ample food.

The National Mall can hold a million people. But the sight lines for hockey are bad. So much to National Park Service's chagrin, we are going to build humongous bleachers (with escalators and elevators) so that everyone can see properly. Well, not properly, really; the sight lines are going to be absolute shit, but that's something everyone seems happy to accept. It's an experience! They will be big, but with existing flight restrictions air traffic going into and out of DCA should probably not crash into them.

The Mall includes West Potomac Park, so we will play during the Cherry Blossom Festival for maximum scenery.

trip-uploaded_image-d84d132a-4884-40f7-9645-3dd3a9483715.jpg

Did you know that the Smithsonian museums are considered Mall attractions? Well, they are. As our goal horn for the event, we are going to borrow a Saturn V rocket motor from the Air and Space museum. We are going to mount it exhaust-end up on that big pointy thing, known as the Washington Monument. We will light it off for five minutes every time we score. Fun fact, a Saturn V rocket operates at 203 decibels, which is as loud as 10,000 airliners. Suffice to say, anyone within miles is going to know when we score. People sitting a bit too close may find the noise so overwhelming all they can do is go into a fetal position and vomit as their ear drums rupture and the vibrations begin liquefying their insides into something more like a homogenous goo rather than a series of distinct biological structures. But that's fine. It's an experience!

nasa-6862846orig_orig.png

@Rebels57

Statuesque Rebels! Languid Rebels! Thankful Rebels!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well, well, well.

31cf999815194db29906987ca9be1be31280c5bcr1-500-281_00.gif

@Rebels57's drunk ass is on the clock to start the day, and he has two picks, but he has zero brain cells left, so let's see how this goes. @Beef Invictus is on deck, @CanadianFlyer88 is on the lido deck, and Dancing Pants is on the lido afterdeck.

I don't want to wake any of you up, so here is a nice lullaby to listen to while you sleep.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Busy as hell lately - heading a Beer Festival at Noon (surprise, surprise lol) so I will make this quick.

Team Body of Water

Magens Bay off the coast of the island of St. Thomas. Most beautiful beach I have ever seen in person with crystal clear water.

magens-bay.jpg

Team College Course

Theoretical Physics because it fascinates me and should fascinate everyone else too

Delectable @Beef Invictus back to you

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you for your patience! And thank you Rebels! Tired Rebels! Daffy Rebels! Brainy Rebels!

For Team Serial Killer, we choose:

James Bond

roger-moore-live-and-let-die-58b5aa895f9b586046a34832.png

Bond's kill count is currently estimated at 370. And while he isn't exactly compelled to kill, he doesn't shy away from it and definitely seems to enjoy it.

@DancingPanther

Separate DP! Financial DP! Numerous DP!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Sneaking my make up pick here.

A South American football hotbed, two time World Cup winners, home of arguably the two greatest footballers of all time (not my argument), and scorers of the most hilarious goal in World Cup history (hand of God vs England), the Seattle Sockeyes are proud to select Argentina as our international football club.

340-3402746_argentina-football-logo-png-transparent-png.png

Fun World Cup fact for the uninitiated: not only has every World Cup winner been from either Europe or South America, the finalists of every World Cup have only been from Europe or South America. Will any other continent ever make a World Cup final?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad