NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Sorry, sorry, sorry. We haven't seen our house in 6+ weeks. Hoping to get home before Halloween assuming the next round of doc visits goes well. I still haven't gotten to watch the Eagles game from last night if that gives you any idea. I'll blow through whatever I can today while I have a little time.

Some years ago, a group of friends and I used to make it a point to visit various stadiums to experience as many as we could in person. Some of us liked the ones with more amenities, but what worked for me was atmosphere. Most of the best stadiums I've been to have already been taken or ruled out due to their teams being selected, but there was one in particular that should have been an amazing experience because the setting exceeds everything else in the country by a mile. I give you Folsom Field.

YWOQAUPBUTFYZPU_20110425223602.jpg

I'll add my updates to the proper sheets when I'm done, Cap. No need to spend any more time on my stuff than you already have had to waste.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The M.A.D. Cats are decidedly not looking to add any homicidal maniacs to the org, so it's time to get loosey-goosey.

Remember way back in 2014? No one had ever heard of COVID 19. The Warriors hadn't won a title since 1975. Speaking of 1975, hope even sprung eternal in the Flyers' universe with newly-minted GM Ron Hextall. And Sarah Koenig happened to start a podcast.

sarah-koeinig.jpg

While the torrent of true crime podcasts that I must now listen to for the rest of my life were certainly a downside, I must admit that Ms. Koenig killed it on Serial.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'll add my updates to the proper sheets when I'm done, Cap. No need to spend any more time on my stuff than you already have had to waste.

You haven't wasted any of my time, and even if you had I wouldn't have minded - I just want everything to go well with you wherever you are. I also want to know how that kung fu tournament at the airport finished.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Team Hot Sauce: Hot Sauce

No, not the bottled stuff. We already have one of those anyway.

Originally famous for his time on the AND1 streetball tours, Philip "Hot Sauce" Champion was also part of a fantastic series of promotions at Atlanta Hawks games where fans would try to stop him from scoring.

Some were foolhardy enough to talk smack beforehand and ended up crashing to the court in embarrassing fashion.

screen-shot-2018-01-29-at-7-36-06-pm.jpg

One managed to take a ball off of his face in the process of being blown by:

5a6a056143ffd20b46813f34_180125-hot-sauce-th.png

But what Hot Sauce is likely most famous for these days is for being the guy that gave us the gifs of Darren Rovell attempting to do something athletic. I will never tire of this:

philip-champion-hot-sauce.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Let it be known I selected an actual psychopath. And he will be put to use in the Beyond.

We always showcase the 99th percentile athlete, the A.J. Brown. But rarely do we get to gaze upon the works of the 1st percentile. This GIF shows that the natural order remains in place. And that is a damned good thing.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Let it be known I selected an actual psychopath. And he will be put to use in the Beyond.

We always showcase the 99th percentile athlete, the A.J. Brown. But rarely do we get to gaze upon the works of the 1st percentile. This GIF shows that the natural order remains in place. And that is a damned good thing.
The Flyers organization treasures the 99th percentile athlete, especially if they get punched in the face on a regular basis

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
We're not fans of rum, but we're sure some people coming along with us are, and we are, at our core, of the people.

"Smells faintly of aniseed, cinchona, ginger, and tree bark; following aeration the ginger dominates. The palate entry is off-dry, fruity, sap-like, and mildly spiced; at midpalate the bittersweet taste profile centers on the core flavors of ginger, cola nut, and bark becoming almost root beer-like. Finishes overly sweet." - 82/100, Wine Enthusiast

Captain-Morgan-Tattoo-375ml.jpg

Team Tattoo: Captain Morgan Tattoo Spiced Rum

@Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We, Ghibli, can't honestly say we watch soccer. We have no blouses in the closet, and we don't care about names on the back. It's not hard to pick a high ranking team; so, more than that, we want to pick a fanbase that we can vibe with as we begin to watch games.

The Honolulu Ghibli don the kits of our International Football Team.......Denmark

giphy.gif

When it comes to all sports, the Ghibli value passion, not idiocy. And football hooligan culture is loathsome. It's a game, not bloodsport, and you in the stands are nothing but a spectator. So, we pick a fanbase that is so preternaturally joyous and well-mannered that they're known as "Roligans" -- a combination of the Danish word "rolig" (calm) and "hooligan." Denmark is an awesome country with happy people who get sloshed and have fun watching football. Whatever happens, life goes on, enjoy the party. We dig.

@Asnito -- Make your pick. Rolig Tide.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Team Hot Sauce: Hot Sauce

No, not the bottled stuff. We already have one of those anyway.

Originally famous for his time on the AND1 streetball tours, Philip "Hot Sauce" Champion was also part of a fantastic series of promotions at Atlanta Hawks games where fans would try to stop him from scoring.

Some were foolhardy enough to talk smack beforehand and ended up crashing to the court in embarrassing fashion.

screen-shot-2018-01-29-at-7-36-06-pm.jpg

One managed to take a ball off of his face in the process of being blown by:

5a6a056143ffd20b46813f34_180125-hot-sauce-th.png

But what Hot Sauce is likely most famous for these days is for being the guy that gave us the gifs of Darren Rovell attempting to do something athletic. I will never tire of this:

philip-champion-hot-sauce.gif
Speaking of Rovell. He got taken for a run tonight on Twitter.

It’s a thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad