NHL Free Agent Game #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
TRADE:
:sabres-:cbj

Jochen Hecht

For

Rostislav Klesla

8462077.jpg

We Love the way that Jochen plays the game, he has grit, but he's a great two-way player, and is gonna be a big asset on this team.

Klesla has had too many injuries, but we hope he does well in Buffalo​

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Blues Deal Steen, Nab Aliu and a 3rd
akimaliu.jpg

Blues president John Davidson isn't finished dealing tonight. He announced today that we club deal Alexander Steen to rival Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Akim Aliu and Chicago's 3rd round pick in 2009.

"We feel Akim could make the big club this season. Steen is a good third liner, but Aliu has potential to be a top 6 player and we like his potential. The third round pick could also grab us a sleeper in this draft as well.

We would like to thank Alex for his time here in St. Louis and we wish him the best of luck in his career. Unless he's playing against us."

:blues : Alex Steen

:hawks : Akim Aliu and 3rd in 2009

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blues Deal Steen, Nab Aliu and a 3rd
akimaliu.jpg

Blues president John Davidson isn't finished dealing tonight. He announced today that we club deal Alexander Steen to rival Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Akim Aliu and Chicago's 3rd round pick in 2009.

"We feel Akim could make the big club this season. Steen is a good third liner, but Aliu has potential to be a top 6 player and we like his potential. The third round pick could also grab us a sleeper in this draft as well.

We would like to thank Alex for his time here in St. Louis and we wish him the best of luck in his career. Unless he's playing against us."

:blues : Alex Steen

:hawks : Akim Aliu and 3rd in 2009

I confirm

Although I feel Aliu is a great prospect, I have my doubts if he will ever get it all together.

With the departure of C Sami Pahlsson it was essential to find a 3rd line C who I view as a longterm option behind Toews and Bolland. I feel that Steen will continue to develop as we like what we saw of him in St Louis and his early yrs in Toronto.

With Beach and Makarov ahead of Aliu on prospect depth it was questionable when he could make the Hawks lineup

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Lightning confirm.

We wanted to give Mike an opportunity to play in for his home team, and we actually feel Chris has a bit more upside anyways. Chris will be battling Riku Helenius for playing time at our AHL affilliate Norfolk.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Kings have reach contract agreement with RFA defenceman Jack Johnson to a multi year deal.

''We are happy to have locked up Jack long term and hope he continue to grow his game and become a better defenceman.''

Kings GM could'nt avoid having to answer a few question in regards to all the rumours surrounding all the Jack Johnson situation.

''Well as you can see, we believe in Jack and were ready to make a commitement towards him today with a long term deal.

We aren't ready to discuss all these trade rumours and comment on if they are true or not. Those are out of our control and will be there whatever we say. This is the buisness, it's part of the game. What we can say is that it's been rather very quiet in term of roster player talks involving our team in recents days. I can't predict the future but right now, it seems we will stay put and get ready for the draft and see our options on the market july 1st.''

Kings also confirm the signature of RFA fowards Brian Boyle and Ted Purcell to 1 year deal. Both deals are 1 way contract.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks looking for LW or RW who is young fast and can contribute both offensively and defensively!

Yeah, I know pretty vague

Hawks 1st and LW Kyle Beach could be available fo rright player

Devils Pride 26

BrickCityHockey*****
Jan 12, 2008
NJ
The Devils are looking for a top pairing puck mover. Our 1st round pick is available and could be packaged with a roster player/prospect.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
The Toronto Maple Leafs have reached a deal with the Atlanta Trashers to acquire the 4th overall pick in the draft

To Toronto
4th overally
2nd 2010
Peverly
Salemala
conditional second 2011 ( provided Atlanta chooses swap picks in one of the 2 years and it moves them up higher than 6 spots) (Also if swapping picks in either years does not move Atlanta up to at least pick 15 in the draft no compensation)

FOR

7th overall
Stajan
Garbo
Poni
Rights to swap first round pick in 2010 or 2011 (Leafs can veto the first year if they pick #1 or 2)

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Taking final offers for Kaberle, I am sending in a trade to the league tonight as his NTC is void once the draft begins and i likely will not be online tommorow. If you want to talk Kabele last chance

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Atlanta to trade down

th
2nd 2010
Peverly
Salemala
conditional second 2011 ( provided Atlanta chooses swap picks in one of the 2 years and it moves them up higher than 6 spots) (Therefore if swapping picks does not move you up at least 6 spots no compensation is needed) (Also although not likely, if swapping picks in either years does not move Atlanta up to at least pick 15 in the draft no compensation aswell)

FOR

7th
Stajan
Garbo
Poni
Rights to swap first round pick in 2010 or 2011 (Leafs can veto the first year if they pick #1 or 2)

Basically the weird conditions on the picks mean Atlanta gets the right to swap first rounders with Toronto in either 2010 or 2011 with some conditions.

Speaking from the Atlanta side, there was no player at 4th or even 5th or 6th that we felt we wanted to draft and trading down was in our best interest. Going into the offseason we felt some of our top needs were getting better defensively and finding a centre for Kovalchuk. This trade helps address things by adding some very good two way forwards and giving us a skill centre and fellow Russian for Ilya.

Losing Peverly hurts as he had some good chemistry for Kovalchuk, but we felt getting a guy with legit top line upside was more important. Salmonella is a great puck moving prospect, but with Bogosian and Enstrom on the roster we felt his role would never be fully reached so a deal was best for both players. With Kaberle and Kubina possibly leaving Toronto he'll get the chance to show his skills.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Boyes to Montreal - Weber + 18th overall to St. Louis
340x.jpg

John Davidson keeps wheeling and dealing as they send sniper Brad Boyes to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for defensemen Yannick Weber and Montreals 1st round pick (18th overall)

"We feel that Boyes did a lot of good for our franchise but it is time to move on and deal Brad to Montreal.

We are getting a great young defensemen in Weber and a very good draft pick as well. We are going to nab a great young player in the draft and continue our youth movement.
" St. Louis Blues president John Davidson announced today.

Eller To Play
eller.jpg

That is right ladies and gentlemen, Lars Eller is expected to be on the starting line up for the Blues. They like the way his game has progressed and he has done well in filling out his body well and his game is ready for the big leagues.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
PLEASE make sure you are PMing me the details of every trade. They aren't final until I get a PM.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Oilers want to make a few moves, most are available except for Grebeshkov, souray, visnovsky, hemsky, gagner and cogliano

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:cbj Still Want Umberger and Modin gone by Tonight

Vermette, Huslieus, Commodore, Torres, Russell, 1st Round Pick being shopped looking to acquire.

- 1st line players (C, RW)
- #1 Overall Defenseman
- Two-way LW (2nd liner)
- 3rd line Penalty Killers

[Looking to acquire through free agency OR Trade]

habs4eva

Jan 30, 2006
The Habs are still looking to make some moves.

Hamrlik
Latendresse
Plekanec
Laraque
O'Byrne

All are still available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad