NHL Free Agent Game #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Eklund update

E4 - Atlanta will obtain the #1 overall pick without giving up Bogosian Kovalchuk or Little. Will go off the board and possibly draft Duchene or Hedman.

Agent Update

I probably haven't got back to you yet but I will let you know tomorrow.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Wings out for the night. got my goaltender, but still looking for a cheap top 6 option

will part with one of my young d-men and a prospect to get it done

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Pittsburgh re-signs Billy Guerin

nhl_g_guerin_576.jpg

The Penguins and Bill Guerin are happy to continue their relationship for another year. We were pleasantly surprised with the huge impact Billy had when he came over in the trade with New York. Not only has Bill shown great chemistry with Crosby, but he's also been a good veteran presence in the locker room. This was a no-brainer. The details:

1 year for $3.5 million, $2.5 million salary, $250,000 for 20 and 30 goals, $250,000 for 50 points, $250,000 for 60 games, NMC

888 98 twins

Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Penguins RFA Signings

In a busy hour for the Pens, we have finalized the following deals with our RFA's:

Alex Goligoski-2 years, $1.65M per
Ben Lovejoy- 3 years, $.84M per
John Curry- 2 years, $.60M per
Tim Wallace-1 year, $.528M, 2-way

Not qualified: David Brown.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
:panthers
Still looking to add top-six talent. Willing to give up my 1st round pick, prospects, and roster players.

PM me.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Ryan Clowe and Jonathan Cheechoo remain on the trading block. Doug Murray has attracted a number of proposals.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Anaheim is looking for a youngish top-six LWer.

Willing to move the #15 pick, along with prospects to get that player.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Nieuwendyk240.jpg

Joe Nieuwendyk's First Major Move as Dallas GM

Dallas GM Joe Nieuwendyk has reorganized the Dallas coaching staff.

Guy Carbonneau has been hired as an Associate Coach for the Dallas Stars. He's returning to Dallas where he will be in charge of the defensive pairs and the penalty kill. In addition, he's thrilled to be near his daughter and grandchildren again who still live in Dallas.

Guy Boucher has been hired as an Assistant Coach for the Dallas Stars. He'll be in charge of forward groups and the power play. He's proven to be a PP magician designing a PP that led Canada to Gold in the World Juniors and Drummondville to a QMJHL Championship and Memorial Cup berth.

Craig Ludwig has been hired as an Assistant Coach for the Texas Stars (AHL). He will help Dallas' young defenseman (including his son Trevor) develop into NHLers.

Dallas' current Assistant Coach Mark Lamb has been reassigned to Head Coach of the Texas Stars (AHL).

Rick Wilson has been released from his obligation to the Dallas Stars.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Nashville's Ward to Stay with the Preds

Nashville is pleased to resign Joel Ward to a two year contract worth 1.3m a year.

Nashville is also listening to offers for Legwand!

Last edited:

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
St. Louis Resigns RFA'S

2008_09_Prospects_Polak_01.jpg

Blues president John Davidson announced that the club has resigned five restricted free agents.

They started with defensemen Roman Polak who they signed to a five year deal where he will earn 3.75M per season.

After that they signed fourth line banger B.J. Crombeen to a 2 year deal in which he will make 1.15M per year.

They then signed defensemen Steve Wagner to a one-way contract where he will make .900K each year for two years.

The club then signed goaltender Chris Holt to a one year deal worth .700K and forward Chris Porter to a one year deal worth .850K.

Polak - 5 yrs - 3.75M per season
Crombeen - 2 yrs - 1.15M per season
Wagner - 2 yrs - .900K per season
Holt - 1 yr - .700K
Porter - 1 yr. - .850K

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
:sabres

Sabres looking to become more active in the market and are building around:
Vanek-X-X
Second Line
X-Gaustad-Kaleta
Fourth Line

Lydman (Possible to be moved but I'm not keen on it)-X
Butler-Rivet
X-Myers

Miller

Everyone not listed is available for the benefit of the team.
Sabres are looking to gain kids who are hungry for NHL level success as well as the veterans to help them get there.
Grit is a definite plus.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Hawks are no longer looking to trade LW Kris Versteeg after learning that UFA Martin Havlat has turned down the Hawks 8 yr offer!

Hawks also were unable to come to terms with C Sami Pahlsson!

Hawks are devastated by these events!

Hawks are looking for a top 6 winger and a 3rd line C!

habs4eva

Jan 30, 2006
The Montreal Canadiens are proud to announce some key signings:

Chris Higgins - 2 year deal worth $2.8M per season

Tomas Plekanec - 2 year deal worth $3.0 per season

G. Latendresse - 2 year deal worth $1.5 per season

Jiri Hudler - 2 year deal worth $3.25 per season

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
And Latendresse couldn't sign anything less than $1.5......talk about being fair.

That's not *****ing I detect is it? As THH pointed out before the game started, it's not going to be tolerated. This game will not be taken over again but a bunch of whining.

Joel Ward was regarded as a fringe NHLer until Nashville gave him an opportunity in the NHL. His loyalty lies with the Preds. They did the same for Dan Ellis who signed a similar contract last year, and David Moss, comparable production, signed a similar deal with Calgary this season.

General Borschevsky

Jan 10, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I'm still a little bit surprised that Joel made it into the NHL from the CIS. It's good hockey, but a bit of a dead end for a lot of players. It's nice to see that he's turning heads now that he got his chance.

On a side note, Cory Schneider remains available in offers. I'm not in a position where I have to deal him, he'd be a good back-up next year, but if I can get a comparably talented young forward or defenceman in return, I'll make a trade.

888 98 twins

Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Kyle Chipchura, Pascal Dupuis, and Eric Godard are available. Looking for a bottom pairing D-man who plays physical.

General Borschevsky

Jan 10, 2009
Atlantic Canada
:nucks

The Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce that they have come to terms with the 2009 CHL player of the year, Cody Hodgson on an entry-level contract. We eagerly anticipate his transition to professional hockey, and we feel that he has a chance of contributing to the team this season.

In addition, the Canucks have resigned the following UFAs:

Kyle Wellwood - 1.05 M, 1 year
Shane O'Brien - 1.1 M, 1 year
Jannik Hansen - 600k, 1 year

All are expected to contribute next season. We would also like to stress that the Canucks organization is not upset with Kyle Wellwood's fitness level, as was widely reported online. All of our players are committed to maintaining their fitness over the off-season, and Kyle Wellwood is no different. We feel that any jokes referring to his perceived resemblance to the Pillsbury Doughboy are unfair to both Kyle and the Canucks organization, and we ask that people show Mr. Wellwood the respect he deserves as an elite athlete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad