NHL Free Agent Game #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
These are the only trades that are approved. If you haven't PMed me yet, it isn't official.

Pre-Draft Trades

To New Jersey: Daymond Langkow
To Calgary: 54th overall Pick (NJ '09 2nd)

To Montreal: Jiri Hudler
To Detroit: Jaroslav Halak

To Anaheim: Jason Chimera, 76th overall pick
To Columbus: Erik Christensen, Petteri Nokelainen

To Montreal: Chris Kunitz
To Pittsburgh: Sergei Kostitsyn, Kyle Chipchura

To Columbus: Ryan Craig
To Tampa Bay: Derek Dorsett

To Phoenix: Lukas Krajicek, Mike Lundin, Martins Karsums, 52nd overall pick, 75th overall pick
To Tampa Bay: Brett MacLean, Todd Fedoruk, David Hale, 36th overall pick

To Nashville: Jeff Halpern
To Tampa Bay: Nick Spaling, Jerrod Smithson

To Tampa Bay: Ian Cole
To St. Louis: Vinny Prospal

To Chicago: Alexander Steen
To St. Louis: Akim Aliu, 89th overall pick

To Toronto: Rich Peverley, Anssi Salmela, 4th overall pick, Atlanta's 2nd in 2010, Conditional 2nd in 2011
To Atlanta: Matt Stajan, Alexei Ponikarovsky, Mikhail Grabovski, 7th overall pick, Rights to swap 1st Round Pick in 2010 or 2011 w/Conditions

To Montreal: Brad Boyes
To St. Louis: Yannick Weber, 18th overall pick

To Toronto: Jacob Markstrom, Adam Comrie, 14th overall pick
To Florida: Tomas Kaberle

To Boston: Gregory Campbell, Nick Tarnasky, Colby Robak, 44th overall pick
To Florida: Patrice Bergeron

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
To Toronto: Jacob Markstrom, Adam Comrie, 14th overall pick
To Florida: Tomas Kaberle

(Still not offical until draft begins and Kabs NTC expires)

Leafs are sad to see Tomas leave and thank him for his years of great service. While it was a tough decision on what deal to take we feel this was the best deal for us as we now have the answer to our questions in net with acquiring Markstrom (Sorry Justin). We hope with our advanced scouting, we can choose a very good play with the 14th overall pick

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
img1643647a143963e1fd.jpg

Panthers Land Kaberle
Tomas Kaberle is heading to the Sunshine State, in a deal that sent Jacob Markstrom, Adam Comrie, and Florida's first round pick back the other way. The Panthers' General Manager had this to say:

"We're very pleased to welcome Tomas to our team. With the potential loss of Jay this summer, we feel that bringing in a guy as talented as Kaberle will largely fill that void, and at a much smaller cap hit. We were pleased to make this deal without losing any current roster players as well."

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:bolts deal Lecavalier to :blues

Speculation has run rampant for months that the Tampa Bay Lightning were shopping all-star centerman Vincent Lecavalier. The allegations were denied, chalked up to nothing but rumors, but the truth is, the rumors were right.

The Tampa Bay Lightning acquired a very impressive package of young players and draft picks, including center Andy McDonald in exchange for Lecavalier, the team announced late Tuesday night.

Coming to Tampa Bay along with McDonald, are prospects Aaron Palushaj, Jonas Junland, Jori Lehtera, Nikolai Lemtyugov and Phillip McRae, along with St. Louis 17th overall pick, Montreal's 18th overall pick, and St. Louis 2nd round pick, which is 48th overall.

The Lightning now own the 2nd, 17th, 18th, 32nd, 36th and 48th overall draft picks for the Entry draft, scheduled to start tomorrow.

"Well, its official...Lecavalier is no longer a Bolt. It was a very, very tough decision, and we pulled Vinny aside just a few days ago to let him know there was a real possibility that he may be traded. As always, he handled the news with the upmost professionalism and understanding. With the emergence of Stamkos, we felt that we owed it to the future of our franchise to look into dealing #4."

"As it turns out, there were really only 3 teams with serious interest. Montreal, Los Angeles and St. Louis, who kinda came out of nowhere today willing to deal the assets that we coveted in order to make a deal happen. Vinny will forever be known as one of, if not the greatest Lightning players in franchise history, and his time he spent here with the team, and the work hes done in the community will never be forgotten. We wish him nothing but success in St. Louis for the rest of his career."

"The package of players and draft picks we acquired, we feel is a very high quality assortment, and will help us stay competitive in whats sure to be some tough ecomomic times ahead, and not only that, but salary cap issues as well, with the possibilty of it decreasing over the next several years."

"Obviously, McDonald replaces Vinny in our lineup for the next several years. Along with McDonald, we add what 8 more players, 5 current prospects and 3 more draft picks in a very deep draft. All the forwards we acquired have 1st or 2nd line potential, while Junland is an upcoming swedish defenseman with good two way ability. With the 17th and 18th overall picks acquired, that means we'll be able to draft 3 of our top 20 targeted players at the draft, so we're pretty ectatic about that too."

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Vincent Lecavalier; Welcome To St. Louis
Lecavalier122907.jpg

Breaking news out of St. Louis!! The Blues have landed superstar Vincent Lecavalier from the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The deal sends center Andy McDonald, draft picks; 17th, 18th, and the 48th, and prospects Palushaj, Junland, Lehtera, Lemtyugov, and McRae.

"It's a huge risk. If Vinny comes to St. Louis and gets hurt, we lose a lot of assets for a guy who isn't even playing. But when we only have to get up ONE roster player to land a top five player in the game. We've done a good job.

Vincent is a great leader and as stated before, a top five player in the NHL. He's going to produce something night in and night out. We've kept out core intact with bringing Vinny in and we are very pleased with what we've done."
St. Louis Blues president John Davidson told reporters on the trade.

The Blues will hold a press conference tomorrow in welcoming Vinny into St. Louis. Be sure to check in on that one.

Reporters did managed to talk to Vincent before he left Tampa;

"It's different. I've only been to St. Louis a few times so I'm not quite sure what it's going to be like. I do get to join Vinny Prospal and Mike McKenna in St. Louis so it's nice being able to join two of my teammates from last year.

St. Louis has a lot of good young stars. Oshie, Berglund, Perron, Backes, Johnson, Eller, Pietrangelo. That is just a great core to build around. It's going to be nice to come in and play with this group. They've got good depth as well and this is forming into a team that can make run after run to the cup.

I am very pleased to join the Blues. I'm getting on a plane in about a half-hour and I'll make my way to St. Louis. I think they are holding a press conference tomorrow so we'll really know more tomorrow."

vinny.jpg

:blues : Vincent Lecavalier

:bolts : Andy McDonald, 17th overall, 18th overall, 48th overall, Aaron Palushaj, Jonas Junland, Jori Lehtera, Nikolai Lemtyugov, and Phillip McRae

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
What can I say? I'm a fan of Vinny.
Trust me my friend, I am too...definitely. Huge fan, hes easily my favorite NHL player. I really hope the Lightning do not trade him at all.

I figure if he doesn't get moved then this was the last FA game I would be able to trade him in, since his NMC will be in effect on July 1st. So figured, might as well change it up, be bold, make the trade... :D

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:bolts

Tampa Bay challenges anyone to come up with a line of players on their team as long as the last names of Artyukhin - Szczechura - Lemtyugov...28 characters long. If anyone beats that, I'll fork over the 2nd overall pick. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad