GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

From someone on Twitter, can anyone confirm that? Don't want to post a link because it is unverified and wanted to get clarification on it.

Sportsnet was saying it, but I don't believe it at all. Why would they trade Comeau?

Sawski21

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
if we do make a move today, who do you guys think is the most likely to get dealt? alot of speculation that sutter could be moved but i doubt it. im hopeful for a top 6 winger to bump kunitz or comeau to the third line. if we make that move, im confident we can compete with the Rangers, islanders, and capitals.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Sutter is the weaker link, but I still think upgrading Kunitz brings the bigger IMPACT in a series against New York or Washington.

I disagree, because geno can be effective with his line and no one can be effective on Sutter's line.

But I reallllllly have had enough of the shrine building this morning after reading some of Yuri's quoted posts, etc... so we can just agree that changes need to be made in certain areas and not worry about whether we agree exactly where. It's too early for me to booze.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
From someone on Twitter, can anyone confirm that? Don't want to post a link because it is unverified and wanted to get clarification on it.

Sutter, Bennett, Downie, Bortuzzo I can see.

Why would Comeau be on that list? Unless!

Perron-Sid-Horn
Kunitz-Sutter-Malkin
Winnik-Spaling-Downie
Bennett-Lappy-Adams

Solved. Freaking solved it guys. Cup = ours and my name is going at the bottom.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Meh, I looked at this season given how up against the cap we were and how many holes we had from being a team constructed for the playoffs as a write off no matter what. We have a ton of cap space coming off the books this offseason giving us a chance to properly build a team.

That said, JR has done an admirable job with limited resources. The moves all just make sense if your goal is more balance and tougher to play against.

Once more, we were up against a lot of factors this year which I think makes us come up short in the end, no matter the moves. So I am fine making no more right now. But well positioned for this offseason. And who knows? In the playoffs you can catch Lightning in a bottle. Not all cup winners were the best teams their year.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
if we do make a move today, who do you guys think is the most likely to get dealt? alot of speculation that sutter could be moved but i doubt it. im hopeful for a top 6 winger to bump kunitz or comeau to the third line. if we make that move, im confident we can compete with the Rangers, islanders, and capitals.

Random unflattering but every day capable Dman for Borts

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
agreed. Sadly, I don't think that's what would happen if Kunitz was still here. If Kunitz is here, he will be in the top 6. I hope JR makes trades knowing that.

Too bad that's the case, but you're right.

He has played well in WBS and the VERY limited time he has seen at NHL level, hard to call him a blueline stud at this moment.

I think he is worth the risk in Stewart, I feel like the Pens would be able to sign him after this season with the rising cap. I am sure they can dump Kunitz or Scuds on draft day...

Plus, we can give him the money we don't pay for Adams.:naughty:

He's shown that he's among the best of his peers for years in a shutdown role, from the Mem Cup to the WJCs where he outperformed several more highly touted players like Hamilton.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'd like Stewart, but the price would have to be right, and Harrington ain't.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Joffrey Lupul ‏@JLupul 15s16 seconds ago
TSN just a poor mans TMZ. Embarrassing.

Someones mad.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sutter, Bennett, Downie, Bortuzzo I can see.

Why would Comeau be on that list? Unless!

Perron-Sid-Horn
Kunitz-Sutter-Malkin
Winnik-Spaling-Downie
Bennett-Lappy-Adams

Solved. Freaking solved it guys. Cup = ours and my name is going at the bottom.

I hate you for even joking about that. :sarcasm:

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
I'm convinced there are Pens players on this board. Sutter and Adams are definitely lerking as everyday posters.

I could absolutely see a "I'm not saying I'm Craig Adams...but I'm also not saying I'm not him" post.

Tell us what you know!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
According to what followers have sent me, NHL Network states 16,17,19,23,41 are in play for the #Pens on deadline day

I can confirm this is bull ****. They ain't trading Comeau or Sutter in season without viable replacements--none of which are on the market.

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
It's actually got me nervous that the good teams are making the moves to get better. We haven't. Perron was a necessity. We'd added Winnik. That's not gonna put us over the top.

Me wonders if we shouldn't just say eff it, trade Martin and Ehrhoff for the best returns we can, and the other UFAs if we can. Get the picks and prospects and use them as bait at the draft or in FA.

I don't think we can beat the Rangers. Washington and the Islanders are a very long shot.

That's what I said.

Instead, I have people saying, "But the Pens have played so well in the past four games!" OK people. Nevermind before that four game win streak we had a losing record since December first. Nevermind we still have a losing record in our division.

We'll just excuse it for a four game win streak.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That's what I said.

Instead, I have people saying, "But the Pens have played so well in the past four games!" OK people. Nevermind before that four game win streak we had a losing record since December first. Nevermind we still have a losing record in our division.

did you just happen on this board this week? Almost no one on this board does that. The people you're passive-aggressively barking at are some of the smarter, more level headed people on this board. I guarantee you they see the issues with this team and are not ignoring them because of a 4-game win streak.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
That's what I said.

You guys must not pay for playoff tickets.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
That's what I said.

literally no one here thinks this. there's a penguins subreddit that's full of idiots if you plan on repeating this more and need somewhere to do it tho

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That's what I said.

What happened before December 1st?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's what I said.

throw in the towel. trade away anything we can. just like we should have done in 2009 when we were barely in 8th place at the deadline. that team just didn't have a chance and we just threw assets away at over the hill Billy Guerin and Hal Gill.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I have a weird feeling JR is going to make an unsuspected move.

If he makes one at all, yes, I agree with this. Just don't see a Stewart or Hejda rental making any difference over what we've got now, not enough to justify chucking away assets. Those might be backup plans if prices drop before the deadline, but I'm thinking there's something bigger under consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad