GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
So smart that the intellectual paragon that is mark letestu read and easily picked off one of crosby's patented cross-ice powerplay turnovers. Maybe he's giving more effort on the backcheck, but his decision making sure isn't where it has to be for you to be as optimistic about their playoff chances as you appear to be. That isn't going to cut it against a real metro contender.

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!! Crosby had a turnover yesterday!?! There goes our playoff chances.

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
throwing out plus/minus. Nice.

With all the times I've caught him staring at players coring in the defensive zone, I'd say his plus/minus is an accurate depiction of how he has been playing. Think back before the Pens four-game win streak vs. the Jackets on Dubinsky's GW goal, Crosby staring at him as he sends the puck past Fleury. That's the Crosby I know this year, and you are in denial if you think otherwise.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Personally, I don't think we could trade anybody off the roster for futures and consider it a complete throwaway year.

Because we're not trading #71 or #87.

But of course, the PLAYERS may view things differently. Aye that's the rub.

Without Maatta, I just don't see how we can trade Martin away and still have an acceptable top 4.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm convinced there are Pens players on this board. Sutter and Adams are definitely lerking as everyday posters.

I could absolutely see a "I'm not saying I'm Craig Adams...but I'm also not saying I'm not him" post.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Why not trade all the prospects then?

Harrington's good at what he does. Really good. Best in his age group good. We should hang onto that.

If they can trade from a position of strength to a position of weakness, then yes, they should. They have an abundance of defenseman who are projected to make an impact, this team needs a big bodied top 6 scoring line wing, enough said.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
If they can trade from a position of strength to a position of weakness, then yes, they should. We have an abundance of defenseman who are projected to make an impact, we need a big bodied top 6 scoring line wing, enough said.

even if said winger has all but forgotten how to play hockey?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If they can trade from a position of strength to a position of weakness, then yes, they should. We have an abundance of defenseman who are projected to make an impact, we need a big bodied top 6 scoring line wing, enough said.

if Stewart wasn't a rental, sure. But he could just walk away in a few months.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They would have had to trade Martin and then bring someone else in. Yeah, not exactly good for asset management.

The time to have done that is far passed. The reasonable Top 4 dmen are now gone. If we could have snagged Petry, different story.

Petry for the 2nd and whatev

Martin to LA for Williams or to Anaheim for a young wing or...whatever.

Time for that is long gone.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
Harrington's good at what he does. Really good. Best in his age group good. We should hang onto that.

Agreed. Given the way Pouliot has played already now, I'd say Dumoulin is the odd man out. Kapanen should command at least some trade value and I'd much rather hold on to Sundqvist, no matter how much I am from Finland. Petry would have been a great addition, but otherwise the dmen available are pretty horrible and that certainly increases the value of likes of Martin...as if the prices yesterday weren't already through the roof.

I'm watching the SN coverage and the suggestions for players in the mix is hilarious. Blake Comeau? No way. Spaling and Sutter maybe, but not Comeau. Toronto is supposedly working hard to dislodge both Phaneuf and Kessel, and not willing to retain salary. Good luck with that.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
He's also had 3 seasons where he's scored at a ~30 goal and ~60 point pace, including the year before last when he led the Blues in scoring. So he's got that going for him too.
Yeah I guess you're right - he's a legit ~25G / 25A guy.. I just don't think he's an upgrade over Comeau, but who knows could be wrong.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Without Maatta, I just don't see how we can trade Martin away and still have an acceptable top 4.

Agreed. We probably would have gotten a great return on Martin too.

I hope we aren't trading any prospects for Stewart. I'd give them a 4th or 5th in 2016. He is a rental...

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Why is it this big tough strong forward who has been on the trading block for months if not years has virtually little real interest. Maybe teams just don't see the need to bring in a player who simply under performs and has shown to be a non event for far to many stretches. If he goes, it will be for a low pick as his stock has fallen big time.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If they can trade from a position of strength to a position of weakness, then yes, they should. They have an abundance of defenseman who are projected to make an impact, this team needs a big bodied top 6 scoring line wing, enough said.

Stewart's a good guy to take a flier on because of all the things he could do.

He's a bad guy to trade a blueline stud like Harrington for because of his shortcomings.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pouliot is set in stone for the roster, so when you talk about a Dman coming in, the spot he's taking is pretty clear

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah I guess you're right - he's a legit ~25G / 25A guy.. I just don't think he's an upgrade over Comeau, but who knows could be wrong.

I'd prefer to put him with Geno and Comeau and move Kunitz down, but that's just me.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad