GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
I want Stewart on this team, he would be dynamite on Malkin's wing. Hopefully they can keep draft picks and flip a young defenseman who fits their rebuild strategy. Maybe Harrington or Dumo?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Malkin has, Crosby still plays like he doesn't care. Kunitz can't stop turning the puck over especially on the PP, and our fourth line still is weak on puck possession and being overpowered in the defensive zone. We'll learn a lot about the Pens on this upcoming road trip. I hope they prove me wrong.

We are watching very different games apparently. Sid hasn't been great offensively, but he's played the smartest two-way hockey he's played in a long long time the last 3 or 4 games. And he's backchecking like crazy.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I wish Chris Stewart was as good as you guys made him out to be - unfortunately, he is pretty awful at playing ice hockey. He's big, so he's got that going for him.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Also, LOL @ gauging the team's performance on four games.

right, those were the first 4 good games of the season.

Yeah, but how comfortable are you that THESE are the real Penguins?

I do agree it's not an easy debate. And that we're probably as good as any team in the East.

BUT, can we even get out of our division? It seems THAT's our biggest issue.

Will it be easy? No. Can we? Absolutely. But so can the Isles, Rangers or Caps. My point is, we are not in a spot where we should wave the white flag and sell off assets. On the flip side, we shouldn't make any huge rental deals either. Its not an all-in year, but its certainly not a throw-away year either.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I want Stewart on this team, he would be dynamite on Malkin's wing. Hopefully they can keep draft picks and flip a young defenseman who fits their rebuild strategy. Maybe Harrington or Dumo?

I'd take him if he's cheap enough but one of the good young D isn't cheap enough.

Someone should poke JR with a stick to make sure he's still alive.

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
We are watching very different games apparently. Sid hasn't been great offensively, but he's played the smartest two-way hockey he's played in a long long time the last 3 or 4 games. And he's backchecking like crazy.

Yep, he's playing great two-way hockey says you, even though he's a -2 in the Pens' four-game win streak. You sure you're watching the right Penguins?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I wish Chris Stewart was as good as you guys made him out to be - unfortunately, he is pretty awful at playing ice hockey. He's big, so he's got that going for him.

He's 27 years old, has scored 28 goals in this league (in just 62 games!) and is 6-2, 231 pounds.

I think there's still something there. But if Buffalo is going to move him now, then re-sign him this summer...no thanks.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Will it be easy? No. Can we? Absolutely. But so can the Isles, Rangers or Caps. My point is, we are not in a spot where we should wave the white flag and sell off assets. On the flip side, we shouldn't make any huge rental deals either. Its not an all-in year, but its certainly not a throw-away year either.

Personally, I don't think we could trade anybody off the roster for futures and consider it a complete throwaway year.

Because we're not trading #71 or #87.

But of course, the PLAYERS may view things differently. Aye that's the rub.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

He's also had 3 seasons where he's scored at a ~30 goal and ~60 point pace, including the year before last when he led the Blues in scoring. So he's got that going for him too.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
but he's played the smartest two-way hockey he's played in a long long time the last 3 or 4 games.

So smart that the intellectual paragon that is mark letestu read and easily picked off one of crosby's patented cross-ice powerplay turnovers. Maybe he's giving more effort on the backcheck, but his decision making sure isn't where it has to be for you to be as optimistic about their playoff chances as you appear to be. That isn't going to cut it against a real metro contender.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
With the way they are treating Despres and forcing vets down everyones throat, neither of them have a future with the Pens anyway. Would much rather have a huge body who can put pucks in the net, he would definitely be motivated next to Malkin.

Why not trade all the prospects then?

Harrington's good at what he does. Really good. Best in his age group good. We should hang onto that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad