GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RH710

Feb 25, 2013
Forwards are cheap though. Wouldn't be stunned if we landed Stewart.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Has Winnik even played center that much in the NHL? I remember hearing him in an interview and he talked about playing mostly center growing up but has mostly played just wing in the NHL.

He's done spot duty at center. Last year was probably the most he's played at center in the NHL (supported by FO numbers but still only took 115 faceoffs at 5v5). In contrast Sutter took over 800 last year, and Spaling took 109. (Spaling has played center more frequently in previous years. 2011-12 season was more of him at center with over 700 FOs)

And according to Molinari and Shelley, Penguins practice is optional - Crosby, Malkin, Martin, Scuderi, Despres, Kunitz among the non-participants.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Forwards are cheap though. Wouldn't be stunned if we landed Stewart.

The big obstacle here is that the Pens are unlikely to move any of their current wingers down to accommodate Stewart, and he'd be a train wreck with Sutter.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Yeah, I think I'll watch a little bit of KHL playoffs now and check back later. Doesn't seem like there will be too much going on until close to the deadline.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Apparently the llamas in studio at TSN smell like **** and they spit.

This is some quality television.

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
With how scary the Canadians and Rangers are, I just want the Pens to stop for the sake of their future. Please, just stop. Trade Martin/Ehrhoff, get some of the future we lost making these other trades back, and stock up in the offseason. 20 games is not enough time to make more trades and disrupt chemistry. Have the Pens ownership learned nothing from Shero's regime????

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Something to consider:

"While Chris Stewart will be moved today, don't be surprised if he comes back to Sabres as a free agent this summer. Likes Buffalo."

From a Buffalo beat writer, John Vogl of the Buffalo News.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
With how scary the Canadians and Rangers are, I just want the Pens to stop for the sake of their future. Please, just stop. Trade Martin/Ehrhoff, get some of the future we lost making these other trades back, and stock up in the offseason. 20 games is not enough time to make more trades and disrupt chemistry. Have the Pens ownership learned nothing from Shero's regime????

the team we have right now can compete with anyone in the league when they pull their heads out of their *****.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm not going to form a final opinion on what this team can and can't do until i see them against the Islanders and Rangers again.

Unfortunately, that will be too late.

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
but they have for the last few games.

Malkin has, Crosby still plays like he doesn't care. Kunitz can't stop turning the puck over especially on the PP, and our fourth line still is weak on puck possession and being overpowered in the defensive zone. We'll learn a lot about the Pens on this upcoming road trip. I hope they prove me wrong.

Also, LOL @ gauging the team's performance on four games.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
but they have for the last few games.

Yeah, but how comfortable are you that THESE are the real Penguins?

I do agree it's not an easy debate. And that we're probably as good as any team in the East.

BUT, can we even get out of our division? It seems THAT's our biggest issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad