GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's actually got me nervous that the good teams are making the moves to get better. We haven't. Perron was a necessity. We'd added Winnik. That's not gonna put us over the top.

Me wonders if we shouldn't just say eff it, trade Martin and Ehrhoff for the best returns we can, and the other UFAs if we can. Get the picks and prospects and use them as bait at the draft or in FA.

I don't think we can beat the Rangers. Washington and the Islanders are a very long shot.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Good, ol' Ray tellin' it like it is. :laugh:

"Marty needs to put his big-boy pants on. Because right now he is acting like a baby."

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Rangers will trounce us in the post-season if you ask me.

Their D-core, defensive system, and Lundqvist will shut down our offense much like Boston did.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Stewart's a good guy to take a flier on because of all the things he could do.

He's a bad guy to trade a blueline stud like Harrington for because of his shortcomings.

He has played well in WBS and the VERY limited time he has seen at NHL level, hard to call him a blueline stud at this moment.

I think he is worth the risk in Stewart, I feel like the Pens would be able to sign him after this season with the rising cap. I am sure they can dump Kunitz or Scuds on draft day...

Plus, we can give him the money we don't pay for Adams.:naughty:

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It's actually got me nervous that the good teams are making the moves to get better. We haven't. Perron was a necessity. We'd added Winnik. That's not gonna put us over the top.

Me wonders if we shouldn't just say eff it, trade Martin and Ehrhoff for the best returns we can, and the other UFAs if we can. Get the picks and prospects and use them as bait at the draft or in FA.

I don't think we can beat the Rangers. Washington and the Islanders are a very long shot.

There's only so many deals out there worth making and we're up against it as usual. Right now Martin and Ehrhoff are the only things standing between us having a respectable D and a shoddy group that sorely lacks experience.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

we need Sid to improve, but if he does we can beat anybody in the league.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There's only so many deals out there worth making and we're up against it as usual. Right now Martin and Ehrhoff are the only things standing between us having a respectable D and a shoddy group that sorely lacks experience.

To me, it's like trying to win a game of blackjack when you have 19 and the dealer has 20.

Yes, we lose 2 top 4 dmen and likely flame out in round 1...but at least we get something for it.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

Goes to show how deep a hole Ray and Dan dug for us.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Me too. I mean, would I like an upgrade on Kunitz for Geno? Absolutely, but I don't think it's that easy. JR has made some nice depth moves and Lines 1, 3, and 4 appear to be shaping up and Geno is on fire and has chemistry with Comeau. Kunitz, IMO, has played better since being demoted to Geno's line.

I don't see any moves out there that will substantially increase our chances to contend this year so let's just stand pat. In the off season, JR can explore the blockbuster trade for Geno's winger.

Oh, I think you're wrong there. I can see that argument with respect to the defense or 3C. BUT, if there's that blockbuster for Geno's LW, then it's a game changer right now.

Obviously, there's the chemistry consideration, but you get Geno that impact LW-- and that's what a 'blockbuster' is by definition-- then it is IMO a bigger game changer than any other move any team in the conference has made, Pens included.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
To me, it's like trying to win a game of blackjack when you have 19 and the dealer has 20.

Yes, we lose 2 top 4 dmen and likely flame out in round 1...but at least we get something for it.
So your analysis is that's it's 100% impossible for us to do well in the playoffs this year?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
According to what followers have sent me, NHL Network states 16,17,19,23,41 are in play for the #Pens on deadline day

From someone on Twitter, can anyone confirm that? Don't want to post a link because it is unverified and wanted to get clarification on it.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

If it's any consolation, that Yandle trade is likely to look brutal for the Rags as soon as next season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sorry, I don't know who has suggested moving Sutter and Kunitz for Eberle, but i assure you it wasn't me, nor have I been able to read those posts.

I've merely said that Sutter should be moved for an upgrade over Sutter. He's the weak link on this team now. Kunitz is fine with Geno (and I think you can further upgrade that in the off-season) Sutter has to be fixed now.

Sutter is the weaker link, but I still think upgrading Kunitz brings the bigger IMPACT in a series against New York or Washington.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

Anything can happen if you've got a legit playoff team and are willing to work. Would you have thought the Rangers would've made it to the finals? Or the Kings winning the first time around when they barely made it?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
TSN feed saying that Hartley was on his phone during the Flames practice. Wonder if anything is going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad