GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Again, 'forget this year' is not really an option. Ever. When we have Crosby and Malkin.

But if the GM and coaching staff can get the group to buy into a refresh of sorts, then by all means sell off assets in this crazy sellers' market.

That's what's in the best interests of the team.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
See this guy below:

To answer your question, Ogre. Yes, we should. I'm tired of seeing the same core collapse and come up short just as we have in the years after the '09 cup win. We're thinner than Comeau's hair in the drafting department right now, and when we get curb stomped by either the Rangers/Caps/Isles in the playoffs what do YOU think the Pens are going to do?

I don't think we'd get curb stomped. About 2/3 of the roster is different than it was last year. Why do we think the same results are inevitable?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Sportsnet on their "In Play" ticker now thinks Downie is in play. Crack group of guys over there.

You can thank Cox for that. He floated that on HNiC a few weeks ago and Friedman looked at him like he was speaking martian. Guess that didn't dissuade him from continuing to run with it.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
You can thank Cox for that. He floated that on HNiC a few weeks ago and Friedman looked at him like he was speaking martian. Guess that didn't dissuade him from continuing to run with it.

Between that, and having Comeau up there too... No words...

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't think we'd get curb stomped.

All of those teams have the same thing in common: They're bigger, faster, stronger, and mentally tougher than the Penguins. Every issue the Pens have had with those kinds of teams that resulted in early playoff exists still exist this year. I'm not sure how anyone could even think we could keep up with these teams.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lupul still out there? Stewart? Some possibilities still I guess.

Hopefully its quiet because JR is putting the final touches a blockbuster and everyone is waiting!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
All of those teams have the same thing in common: They're bigger, faster, stronger, and mentally tougher than the Penguins. Every issue the Pens have had with those kinds of teams that resulted in early playoff exists still exist this year. I'm not sure how anyone could even think we could keep up with these teams.

2/3 of our roster is different than last year. This is not the same team.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
I would say someone needs to be traded for everything else to start happening, but everyone was already traded so...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

As someone who's been beating the "get bigger, stronger" drum for two years now, we've closed some ground. Enough, idk, but we've closed at least some ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad