GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If they are trying to make a notable trade, it should be Sutter+ for some type an upgrade upfront. Not Scott Hannan, Kris Rusell, Jan Hejda, or any of the other names mentioned over the past few weeks.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Adding Stewart would allow Kunitz to drop down to the 3rd line to play with Winnik.

We'd obviously have to trade out a player like Spaling or Sutter but it would make lots of sense given that the Sabres are willing to retain salary.

As for D, Weircioch looks like a good option.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Some people here want a guarantee and there are none. All these teams making moves aren't all going to win the Cup, but one team may. They want to increase their chances, and if we can do that we should. If you can't accept that I don't really know why you're paying so close attention. This is how it is. Would you rather trade some assets and take a shot or be one of those teams that falls silent every deadline or worse? It seems like some people want to back pedal from deals so we can align the perfect roster years from now that will never happen anyways.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart goes for a song at the end of the deadline. Buffalo asked way too much and will get burned. May not get rid of him at all, but someone could swoop in at the end and get him on the real cheap.

TheCraigAdamsZone

Apr 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
2/3 of our roster is different than last year. This is not the same team.

Same captain, same issue with no vocal leadership, different coach standing behind the bench folding his arms, same lack of urgency (although Malkin is on a refreshing tear right now.) The only hope I have is that Crosby and co. are playing at a lower pace to keep up their energy for the playoffs. I really REALLY hope this is the case, because trading away our draft picks has me scared for the future.

Really hate how the Pens have this mentality that we have to consistently go all-in every year because we have Crosby and Malkin.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
All of those teams have the same thing in common: They're bigger, faster, stronger, and mentally tougher than the Penguins. Every issue the Pens have had with those kinds of teams that resulted in early playoff exists still exist this year. I'm not sure how anyone could even think we could keep up with these teams.

This year's team has almost nothing in common to last year's Pens. GMJR has done a tremendous job in both balancing the lines AND making those lines much more annoying to play against. The biggest threat actually is that Olli Määttä is done for the season, but otherwise this looks like the best Pens squad, as a whole, in many years.

...and we have to go all-in every year as long as #87 and #71 are playing in their prime years. It shouldn't be possible to see it in any other way.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:heart:

I'm so ****ing tired of hearing about the room. This team has underperformed since 2009. How about we stop worrying about their poor little feelings.

Well, as I said, 2009 is the last time they let cup aspirations come before the sacred room.

I mean, ****, the guys LOVED Whitney. And 2008, they ******* traded Sid's BFF and really a big voice in the room for Hossa.

penguins2946*

At least one? Oh good, this should be fun. Let's see what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad