GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Same captain, same issue with no vocal leadership, different coach standing behind the bench folding his arms, same lack of urgency (although Malkin is on a refreshing tear right now.) The only hope I have is that Crosby and co. are playing at a lower pace to keep up their energy for the playoffs. I really REALLY hope this is the case, because trading away our future has me scared for the future.

Really hate how the Pens have this mentality that we have to consistently go all-in every year because we have Crosby and Malkin.

Same issue with no vocal leadership? Have you forgotten Orpik?

So so ridiculously negative.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG

Penguins seem optimistic that they'll be able to pull off at least one move before the deadline at 3 p.m.

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib ·
Johnston says he is satisfied with the roster - especially the forward depth - if GMJR opts against making a move today.

lol

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Same captain, same issue with no vocal leadership, different coach standing behind the bench folding his arms, same lack of urgency (although Malkin is on a refreshing tear right now.) The only hope I have is that Crosby and co. are playing at a lower pace to keep up their energy for the playoffs. I really REALLY hope this is the case, because trading away our future has me scared for the future.

Really hate how the Pens have this mentality that we have to consistently go all-in every year because we have Crosby and Malkin.

And we've added size and strength on every line compared to last year. Perron, Hornqvist, Comeau, Downie, Winnik, Lapierre. Those guys each bring more effective physicality than any forward we had last year.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG

Penguins seem optimistic that they'll be able to pull off at least one move before the deadline at 3 p.m.

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib ·
Johnston says he is satisfied with the roster - especially the forward depth - if GMJR opts against making a move today.

lol

They know nothing. :laugh:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
That makes no sense. Comeau has been brilliant and we don't need a D.

We'll sign Stewart for a 4th/5th and then trade Bennett for a bottom pair D. Polak or Holzer.

He's looking for a D. I'd rather trade a pending UFA we don't need than another future asset we do need.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
some of these quotes - I mean how often will a coach say he's not happy with his roster and hopes his GM makes a deal?

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as Despres' appetite and as timeless as Brass Bonanza. It is the middle ground between clutch and grab and skill, between grit and finesse, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of grinding it down. It is an area which we call the TheCraigAdamsZone.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't want to see us go all in this year. But I also don't want to see us trade away guys like Martin and Ehrhoff for futures. We have a legitimate chance to win this year. It might not be a huge chance, but its not far off from any other team. Take away Martin and suddenly I don't think we have a legitimate chance. I think Martin improves our chances this year as much or more than a 1st round pick helps us over the next 5.

Ray Shero really has skewed our conception of what going all in means. I mean, we can make a blockbuster that involves something other than a rental but has the impact of representing a push to go for it this year too over the status quo.

I mean, was the Perron deal part of going 'all in'? Would another deal for a player like that with another year or two, say one where we move Sutter and Kapanen, be going 'all in'?

I like how JR talks in terms of 'solutions'. To get 'solutions', you have to give to get.

THAT is how Ray Shero managed until the Pens won the cup. After that, he wanted to get for right now without giving from right now. THAT, in my mind, was going 'all in'.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
"10 hours of a show to fill, and you couldn't even leave us Zach Sill."

ROFLMAO!!!

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Speaking of Pens' roles/leadership/room, I read this today and thought it felt like a very good sign. Not sure how many of you guys have seen it, so I'm reposting. :)

“That’s what I see when I look around here,†Maxim Lapierre was telling me after this game. He’s got 75 playoff games on his ledger, including deep runs with the Canadiens and Canucks in 2010 and 2011. “I see a group that’s got a lot of skill, a great defense, a great goalie, and now maybe more size and grit than they had before. And I’ll tell you what I like most.â€

He paused a moment, apparently to get the thought just right.

“Our guys know their roles. No, they love their roles. I’ve been on teams that have a lot of skill, and everybody would worry about their ice time or their points or how they’d get used. We don’t have that. We all know what we do best, and we love playing that way. I can’t tell you how much that means if you’re trying to wn a championship.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad