GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

As of now I don't think you want Pouliot or Borts playing every night in the playoffs, especially on the road

Why? There has been nothing in Pouliot's play that suggests he shouldn't be playing in the playoffs. Watch him closely, he's NHL ready. I have no idea where this notion is coming from that he shouldn't be in the NHL right now, it's extremely inaccurate.

Well, you better riot.

Pouliot needs to be sent down to be eligible for the AHL play-offs.

But he's going to get recalled immediately.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
TSN says the Sharks are working on another trade as well.

As far as Arizona, the only two guys I want from them are out for the season.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Would love nothing more than someone to want Dumoulin so bad that it hurts. ie. giving up a blue chip F prospect/young F

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Why? There has been nothing in Pouliot's play that suggests he shouldn't be playing in the playoffs. Watch him closely, he's NHL ready. I have no idea where this notion is coming from that he shouldn't be in the NHL right now, it's extremely inaccurate.

Yes, he most certainly will. But he'll be sent down first and there will no doubt be a ****storm on here.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And that's fine. But the performances haven't been anything to get your hopes up about. You expect it to magically get better in the playoffs? I don't.

We don't need to get magically better in the playoffs. What we need is to not get magically worse in the playoffs as we've done each of the last few years. I think our team is better built for the playoffs this year.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

I like him a lot but he turns it over a lot man, and that was going on long before last night. Almost every time they get trapped in their zone he's out there. He's just green is all. Next year for sure. This year I'd prefer they figure out a way to get someone else and if they play him or Borts it be based on matchup.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
We don't need to get magically better in the playoffs. What we need is to not get magically worse in the playoffs as we've done each of the last few years. I think our team is better built for the playoffs this year.

Honestly, if the Pens had scored on the powerplay over the Boston and Rangers series at a reasonable rate, they likely would have won.

Keep the powerplay going in the playoffs, and the Pens have a better shot than the past two years.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Too many people writing Dumo off. Guy's good.

Need backup, here. Where's Jmelm?

I think he will be fine. But I don't know that we'll ever have a spot for him. I can't see playing more than 2 rookies next year, and I expect them to be Pouliot and Harrington if we have 2.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

So, you'd prefer what looks like a likely 1st round exit while keeping hold of some UFAs that would absolutely draw value on deadline day vs the same result and getting assets back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad