GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I really admire your optimism. Takes some mental strength to endure so many early playoff exits year in and year out.

That's an optimistic take for sure, but this year's club isn't those teams. It's built better. Better enough to win it all, idk, but we're heavier on guys that score greasy playoff type goals by 3, which should help.

The downside is this is the best our division has been in 20 years, probably.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's an optimistic take for sure, but this year's club isn't those teams. It's built better. Better enough to win it all, idk, but we're heavier on guys that score greasy playoff type goals by 3, which should help.

The downside is this is the best our division has been in 20 years, probably

Which is why I shudder when some say 'well, Malkin was fine in 2009 with Fedotenko and Talbot'.

penguins2946*

I like him a lot but he turns it over a lot man, and that was going on long before last night. Almost every time they get trapped in their zone he's out there. He's just green is all. Next year for sure. This year I'd prefer they figure out a way to get someone else and if they play him or Borts it be based on matchup.

That's simply not true. I've been watching Pouliot extremely closely ever since he has been recalled. Him getting stuck in the defensive zone isn't one of his problems.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I like him a lot but he turns it over a lot man, and that was going on long before last night. Almost every time they get trapped in their zone he's out there. He's just green is all. Next year for sure. This year I'd prefer they figure out a way to get someone else and if they play him or Borts it be based on matchup.

I vehemently disagree DP turns the puck over a lot. He is doing a masterful job managing the puck. So saying he turns it over a lot is an odd thing to say.

His biggest problem right now is keeping with his assignments down low. That's where he needs some work, but he seems to be light years ahead in that dept from where he was even a few weeks ago.

He learns quickly.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
pens have a solid team. They can compete in the playoffs. anything can happen in the playoffs. Anyone writing the pens off this year should look at the team the pens put out last year. They are a better team by far then last year.

Yes our division is tough. But with strong play from fleury and smart play, and a little luck, we could def make it out of our division.

There is no point in trading martin or erhoff. if you do that you instantly make this team a noncontender. we need them for a chance this year. (not saying we have a huge chance to win the cup but if you trade those guys you are instantly making your defense 10 times worse).

Stop giving up on the pens. They could still win it all this year

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
I'd love to see them trying try pry Belesky from Anaheim (Contract negotiations not going to well i read on Twitter)

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I really want us to move Sutter for anything. Spalling is more than capable of taking the 3c spot. Sutter is a possesion black hole. Look at players with him and away from him (Bennett for example).

I also want to move Dumoulin/Harrington for a similar forward prospect (Rattie, Namestnikov, Baertschi). More so Dumoulin since he will be exposed to waivers next year. If the one we get in return doesnt crack the lineup now we have a good depth player for a call up. Otherwise just let him play in the AHL and try to get a roster spot next year.

I just dont want to get into a situation were dumo rots away as a 7th defenseman or us having to send him thjrough waivers.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I vehemently disagree DP turns the puck over a lot. He is doing a masterful job managing the puck. So saying he turns it over a lot is an odd thing to say.

His biggest problem right now is keeping with his assignments down low. That's where he needs some work, but he seems to be light years ahead in that dept from where he was even a few weeks ago.

He learns quickly.

Maybe a lot is too ham handed a term, but I think he definitely needs polish in his own zone and in the playoffs his pair would get ganged up on constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad